• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Darkman M said:
There is no way the Spurs can come back down 3-1 right? right?
Not against this Grizz team.

After this game they'll be 3-5 against them, and will have to win 3 straight to advance.

I'm hoping Spurs-Grizz goes at least 6 so we can rest up, but I like our chances against Memphis much more since the trade.

Home-court advantage, much better size inside, with Ibaka counteracting Z-Bo rather than getting bent over like Jeff Green.

Tom Penny

ryutaro's mama said:
See Lakers? THAT'S how you go for the jugular on an inferior team.

Oh yeah, and there's this:

THE GRIZZ TANKED TO GET THE 5PUR5!!!

But the Lakers tanked the one seed to avoid Memphis then OKC / Denver.

KingGondo said:
Not against this Grizz team.

After this game they'll be 3-5 against them, and will have to win 3 straight to advance.

I'm hoping Spurs-Grizz goes at least 6 so we can rest up, but I like our chances against Memphis much more since the trade.

Home-court advantage, much better size inside, with Ibaka counteracting Z-Bo rather than getting bent over like Jeff Green.

Ibaka weighs like five pounds, that's not a good matchup against Randolph.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:
The officiating has been on point. You're just being salty.
No. Not it hasn't.

Hey look, a loose ball foul on Roy as two Mavs jump over his back. Totally on point. Totally.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Derwind said:
Wow, Memphis 22 point lead against San Antonio.....

If Memphis wins this series, this has to be the upset of the century.

Wow.
It's not even the biggest upset in the last 5 years.

garbage_time_200.gif

reilo said:
No. Not it hasn't.

Hey look, a loose ball foul on Roy as two Mavs jump over his back. Totally on point. Totally.

Yes it has. And that was a good call on Roy.

And that last blazer basket might have been illegal, no call. saaaalty

J2 Cool

Derwind said:
Wow, Memphis 22 point lead against San Antonio.....

If Memphis wins this series, this has to be the upset of the century.

Wow.

Not really. A lot of people said it would be a tough series, and the Manu injury happened right before it.

Branduil

Well, if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that the Blazers can't possibly overcome a 12-point deficit with one quarter remaining.

KingGondo

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Ibaka weighs like five pounds, that's not a good matchup against Randolph.
It'll be a tough series no doubt, but I like us to get it done in 6. We can play any style now after that trade, the Grizz are deep but we have more quality throughout our lineup.

You can´t rationally explain the Grizzlies.

They have a bad crowd, people thought they were on the verge of leaving.

Their star, Rudy Gay goes down for the season.

O.J Mayo is almost turning into a draft prospect bust, far away from the signs he showed in his rookie season.

The team has internal turmoil, Allen beats Mayo down to the point that Mayo misses a game because of his black eye.

Their best player is ZACHARIAS RANDOLPH!

And yet, this is what they do this season. I don´t think anyone saw this coming back in december or january.

Black Mamba said:
Yes it has. And that was a good call on Roy.

And that last blazer basket might have been illegal, no call. saaaalty

you're wrong, as per usual, but the blazers are losing for other reasons. no offensive rebounding, missing free throws, shooting poorly from the outside, etc. refs are always awful, gotta play through it.

jjasper said:
You're back!

LOL. The Nintendo hype brought me back at least temporarily. I've been working on cutting out posting on all messageboards to focus on other things. I see my icon died.

But anyway, this was a good matchup for the Grizzlies and I am pleasantly surprised at the outcome of this series so far as I expected one win at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom