• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman M

Rodeo Clown said:
As cool as this Grizz upset would be, it's not as rad as the 07 Warriors. The Oakland crowd made that special. Maybe not as cool as the 94 Nuggets, either. Chris Jackson, Robert Pack, Motumbo, that was a hell of a team and they pushed Utah to 7 next round, too.[/QUOTE]

Wow Gramps.

Bishman

The Chosen One said:
DAT WESTERN CONFERENCE PARITY.

Unlike the East where the Bulls can play like total shit and still almost sweep the 8th seed.
Imagine the Bulls playing Memphis. LOL!

Darkman M said:
Spurs/Grizz
Lakers/Hornets
Mavs/Blazers

All prove the west coast is the best coast.

The west has dominated for years. I can't stand watching eastern games.

KingGondo

Banned
Darkman M said:
Rodeo Clown said:
As cool as this Grizz upset would be, it's not as rad as the 07 Warriors. The Oakland crowd made that special. Maybe not as cool as the 94 Nuggets, either. Chris Jackson, Robert Pack, Motumbo, that was a hell of a team and they pushed Utah to 7 next round, too.[

Wow Gramps.
I lived in DENVER at the time, and remember it clearly.

Bow before your seniors.

J2 Cool

Does Mayo have to be traded and be a starter somewhere next season, or could he stick around as the 6th man? I think it suits him well.

TimDuncameGamOverLH.gif

Gigglepoo

Rodeo Clown said:
As cool as this Grizz upset would be, it's not as rad as the 07 Warriors. The Oakland crowd made that special. Maybe not as cool as the 94 Nuggets, either. Chris Jackson, Robert Pack, Motumbo, that was a hell of a team and they pushed Utah to 7 next round, too.

I forgot all about Chris Jackson. He'll always be Mahmoud Abdul Rauf to me.

obijkenobi said:
For the first time in the Duncan era, I'm hoping Pop leaves pretty soon. When they resigned Bonner I kept thinking wtf, that asshole never fucking produces in the playoffs. And then somehow he kept getting 20+ minutes a game even though we brought over the best big from Europe. SMH
Indeed. Pop has fucked up big time. Gotta admit that Memphis is the better team right now and all our championship poise has disappeared. The team looks old and unathletic, just like last year against the Suns.

Rodeo Clown said:
As cool as this Grizz upset would be, it's not as rad as the 07 Warriors. The Oakland crowd made that special. Maybe not as cool as the 94 Nuggets, either. Chris Jackson, Robert Pack, Motumbo, that was a hell of a team and they pushed Utah to 7 next round, too.
Yep. 94 Nuggets weremy favorite underdog team. I remember watching the conclusion of game 5 at a baseball card store.

diehard

Fleer
KingGondo said:
I lived in DENVER at the time, and remember it clearly.

Bow before your seniors.
I remember that too, the big Denver writer (the guy on around the horn) said the series was over and no way the Jazz would win.

dream said:
Yeah, I can see how a conference where the top seeds are fraudulent shitty teams is much better.

it's cause out West the bottom seeds aren't fucking garbage like in the East. Memphis would probably be a 5 seed out there.

LovingSteam said:
Yep. 94 Nuggets weremy favorite underdog team. I remember watching the conclusion of game 5 at a baseball card store.

Mutumbo on the floor hugging the ball was an iconic moment. That was just an amazing series and finish.

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Indeed. Pop has fucked up big time. Gotta admit that Memphis is the better team right now and all our championship poise has disappeared. The team looks old and unathletic, just like last year against the Suns.

It was still an awesome season though. If Pop is going to stick around, I hope he learned his lesson. Bonner should only be used to soak up minutes in the regular season.

Godslay

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:

I loved that team. Brings back a lot of memories.

dream

Ninja Scooter said:
it's cause out West the bottom seeds aren't fucking garbage like in the East. Memphis would probably be a 5 seed out there.

In the west, the top seeds are fucking garbage. Same result.

J2 Cool

Ninja Scooter said:

Yes, that's true. It's a good mix of the Spurs overachieving and Memphis playing in a tough West. This feels more like a 4/5 game.

Pkaz01

J2 Cool said:
Yes, that's true. It's a good mix of the Spurs overachieving and Memphis playing in a tough West. This feels more like a 4/5 game.
The west is such a close call that they all feel like 4/5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom