• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
reilo said:
I understand you've been watching the NBA for about 18 months, but seriously?
I kinda agree with him. Roy doesn't have knees anymore. His 4th quarter explosion will seen as the exception rather than the rule.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
seattle6418 said:
Sonics, i remember it right, were 63-19 that season and were the favorites to win it all.

Mavs won 67 games but they faced a team that was much better after the trade that got them Captain Jack and Al Harrington.

Those two were 1# overall in the league.

Heat won only 33 i think and were not the best record that year.

Sups lost to the Nuggets

Mavs lost to the Warriors

Some team named the Knicks did it as well..

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
commish said:
suns could smoke this Spurs/Blazers team. We shoulda been there.
Schooling uneducated Mavs fans is like shooting thekad's in a barrel.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ive been watching the Griz a long time, theyre definitely capable of choking in this series. Dont rush to conclusions!

Blackace

Jamesfrom818 said:
I kinda agree with him. Roy doesn't have knees anymore. His 4th quarter explosion will seen as the exception rather than the rule.

I don't know the man can still hoop.. he is hobbled badly but he has a lot of skills still

punkypine

AlphaSnake said:
On top of that, the assclowns busting out the jokes should laugh at themselves. The Heat were nowhere near the "#1 overall" I had asked for. It was the Spurs, tying a W-L record with the Jazz.

And once again, the lockout season shouldn't even count.
It's okay, the knicks didn't make the playoffs the last time it happened so basketball probably wasn't on TV in new york that year

reilo said:
Which one?

0041_pc02.gif

0042_chsp.gif

0028_86lz.gif

millergum.gif

Pkaz01

commish said:
suns could smoke this Spurs/Blazers team. We shoulda been there.
its a shame the best point guard in the nba couldn't participate this time. Instead we get to watch the wannabes like paul, price, and rondo

Jamesfrom818 said:

If that was the rule he'd be the greatest player of all time. Obviously its an exception.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Gigglepoo said:
I think people were laughing because 1) The Mavs were just upset as the #1 seed a couple years ago and 2) the Spurs weren't the #1 seed this year.

I thought Mavs had a tying record that year and considered 2nd. Oh well, certain things you just forget.

Admittedly, I was quick to forget that the Bulls were #1, because it was just by 1 game and it happened, quite literally, at the very end of the season. I was used to the Spurs being #1 for a vast majority.

Blackace

AlphaSnake said:
I thought Mavs had a tying record that year and considered 2nd. Oh well, certain things you just forget.

Admittedly, I was quick to forget that the Bulls were #1, because it was just by 1 game and it happened, quite literally, at the very end of the season. I was used to the Spurs being #1 for a vast majority.

actually number 1 seeds in NBA almost never lose period.. overall number 1 or not..

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Pkaz01 said:
its a shame the best point guard in the nba couldn't participate this time. Instead we get to watch the wannabes like paul, price, and rondo and mayo and roger mason and evan turner and affolo

fixed

Blackace

Pkaz01 said:
its a shame the best point guard in the nba couldn't participate this time. Instead we get to watch the wannabes like paul, price, and rondo

Jason Kidd is playing..

Branduil

Raging Spaniard said:
Ive been watching the Griz a long time, theyre definitely capable of choking in this series. Dont rush to conclusions!
I don't know how you can say that when they've never been in a position to choke, or even won a playoff game before this year.

It'd be one thing if they won 3 fluky games, but they've been dominant.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Branduil said:
I don't know how you can say that when they've never been in a position to choke, or even won a playoff game before this year.

It'd be one thing if they won 3 fluky games, but they've been dominant.

Yeah, when the fuck have the Grizz ever choked?

jjasper

ryutaro's mama said:
You were at the game, right jjasper?

What was the vibe like on that block to the alley-oop on the other end?

It was pretty crazy. Even my wife's parents who never stand up jumped out of their set.

4pl5s5

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&id=6425665

Apologies if this has been posted already but, even though I'm not his biggest fan, I was still quite surprised by SAS's scathing analysis of Mike D's performance up to this point. While I'm not exactly a fan of his overall approach and feel that he was thoroughly out coached by Doc Rivers (An opinion apparently shared by many analysts, columnists, fans etc.) I do think he deserves at least one more full season based on the circumstances he had to deal with. That is of course assuming that we have a full season to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom