• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
commish said:
I can't wait until the Blazer fans whine about the fouls and ignore the huge difference in rebounding.

lawlohwhat said:
you're wrong, as per usual, but the blazers are losing for other reasons. no offensive rebounding, missing free throws, shooting poorly from the outside, etc. refs are always awful, gotta play through it.

derp derp derp

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It's amazing how inconsistently defensive three seconds are called -- especially when teams employe a zone defense.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
dIEHARD said:
you seriously don't know that?

The Mavs were last. But I'm too lazy to check...weren't they tied with someone else? Or was that 06?

And as far as the Knicks thing, yes I know they beat Miami. But seriously, that was a lockout season with barely any games...that doesn't even count. I should've been more specific. Besides, were the Heat even #1 overall or just East?

I still can't get over how:

1) the Grizz tanked to get the 5pur5.

2) Tony Allen pulled Manu's punk card

and they STILL smashed on them.

And people wonder why Laker fans didn't fear not having HCA against the 5pur5...

..which reminds me...if the Lakers can get their shit together and the Grizz can win one more...

DAT HCA THROUGH THE WESTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS!

Since and including the game the Lakers destroyed the Spurs in San Antonio after the all-star break, the Spurs are 11-12.

Lakers broke dat swagger.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
Since and including the game the Lakers destroyed the Spurs in San Antonio after the all-star break, the Spurs are 11-12.

Knicks-esque.

1. Are the Spurs done?
Mark Haubner, The Painted Area: I actually think the Spurs are OK. They barely lost Game 1 without Manu, and had an uncharacteristically bad shooting night both behind the arc and by Tony Parker on the break in Game 3. San Antonio needs to get better looks on its corner 3s, but it should have enough to get by a formidable Memphis squad.

J.M. Poulard, WarriorsWorld: As dominant as the Grizzlies have looked in this series, their wins have come by a combined six points. One would expect the Spurs to play relatively better and eventually put some pressure on a Memphis team that is in uncharted territory. I expect the Spurs' experience to get them back to their winning ways going forward.

Darius Soriano, Forum Blue & Gold: Count the Spurs out at your own peril. They're down right now, but they're far from out of this series. Win Game 4 and they have the home-court advantage again, Ginobili getting healthier and still the experience of a champion. Their interior defense is an issue, but better shot-making will compensate, at least against Memphis.

Ethan Sherwood Strauss, HoopSpeak: As long as 3s are worth more than 2s, San Antonio should be favored. If this series were played back when illegal defense existed, the Spurs would not keep pace with Zach Randolph's isolation scoring. But the small-market Grizz can't afford time machines. Like a dark blue bear, Memphis has no place in the playoff ecosystem.

Timothy Varner, 48 Minutes of Hell: Not at all. But the Spurs aren't without their worries. Being down 2-1 is one thing. The most problematic aspect of this series for San Antonio is that the Spurs are being outplayed physically and mentally. Their failure to execute in the final seconds of Game 3 was the least Spursian thing we've seen in the Popovich/Duncan era.

These guys die hard in their predictions.

reilo

Not sure what Portland needs to do to get the same kind of intensity and consistency on the road as they do at home. They've been abysmal on the road this year. Shouldn't be happening with the experience and veterans on this team.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
AlphaSnake said:
And as far as the Knicks thing, yes I know they beat Miami. But seriously, that was a lockout season with barely any games...that doesn't even count.
Thank you. The lockout season was horrible and I thought we all agreed to forget about it. There were back-to-back-to-backs that year. Back-to-backs in the playoffs. Everybody was out of shape and scoring fell off a ton.

And that's what we get to look forward to next January.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Black Mamba said:

Beating Miami by 30 was our peek

just like the Lakers beat the Heat.........errrrr wait

reilo

Nate McMillan also prophesied Portland's biggest problem this year during the off-season: they lack shooters.

diehard

Fleer
Black Mamba said:

Since playing the Jazz and getting White Mamba'd , the Lakers are 4-6.

Hayward broke dat swagger.

Rodeo Clown said:
Thank you. The lockout season was horrible and I thought we all agreed to forget about it. There were back-to-back-to-backs that year. Back-to-backs in the playoffs. Everybody was out of shape and scoring fell off a ton.

They was back to back games in the playoffs before the lockout season.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Blazers were playing great right before the playoffs, but they have totally changed their style. I know its the playoffs but tightening the rotation and starting to depend on Roy again has hurt them. Cant get far if you only play 7 guys because if theyre not playing well youre shit out of options.

Yes, Roy played amazing in the comeback game, it was his win ... but this team was really clicking with Aldridge as the main guy and it feels like we havent seen him since the playoffs started.

dgmhps.png

kevo_huevo said:
even if the mavs hang on, i don't see this as a backbreaking loss. i see the blazers responding and blowing out the mavs game 6.

At what point in this series has Portland ever looked like they were capable of blowing the Mavs out? The comeback aside, their offense has been thoroughly mediocre when they can't get into the lane.

reilo

Raging Spaniard said:
The Blazers were playing great right before the playoffs, but they have totally changed their style. I know its the playoffs but tightening the rotation and starting to depend on Roy again has hurt them. Cant get far if you only play 7 guys because if theyre not playing well youre shit out of options.

Yes, Roy played amazing in the comeback game, it was his win ... but this team was really clicking with Aldridge as the main guy and it feels like we havent seen him since the playoffs started.
Aldridge played great in the games when Portland was hitting their outside shots. When the shooters don't hit anything, like tonight, the opposing team can just pack the paint and double Aldridge and make his life miserable. That's exactly what happened tonight.

thekad said:
Here's a quarter. Try again.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Rodeo Clown said:

On top of that, the assclowns busting out the jokes should laugh at themselves. The Heat were nowhere near the "#1 overall" I had asked for. It was the Spurs, tying a W-L record with the Jazz.

And once again, the lockout season shouldn't even count.

AlphaSnake said:
The Mavs were last. But I'm too lazy to check...weren't they tied with someone else? Or was that 06?

And as far as the Knicks thing, yes I know they beat Miami. But seriously, that was a lockout season with barely any games...that doesn't even count. I should've been more specific. Besides, were the Heat even #1 overall or just East?

Sonics, i remember it right, were 63-19 that season and were the favorites to win it all.

Mavs won 67 games but they faced a team that was much better after the trade that got them Captain Jack and Al Harrington.

Those two were 1# overall in the league.

Heat won only 33 i think and were not the best record that year.

reilo

Bishman said:
Brandon Roy is a fluke.

22 mins / 5 points / -13
I understand you've been watching the NBA for about 18 months, but seriously?

Gigglepoo

AlphaSnake said:
On top of that, the assclowns busting out the jokes should laugh at themselves. The Heat were nowhere near the "#1 overall" I had asked for. It was the Spurs, tying a W-L record with the Jazz.

And once again, the lockout season shouldn't even count.

I think people were laughing because 1) The Mavs were just upset as the #1 seed a couple years ago and 2) the Spurs weren't the #1 seed this year.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
AlphaSnake said:
How about dem Spurs?

When was the last time the #1 overall team got eliminated in the 1st round?

I wish I had that disgusted Mark Cuban gif right now..

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I still think we can win the series. It's 7 games...win 1 and momentum can carry us through 7. If OKC sweeps, they'll be all rusty n shit for game 1 next Friday!

*looks to the NeoGAF logo*

BELIEVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom