• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy that everyone was arguing this February about who should make the All-Star team between Aldridge, Love, Griffin, and Duncan, and the unsung Z-Bo's going to the only playing in May.

smurfx

get some go again
wait a minute. branduil switches from the mavericks to the lakers and suddenly dallas wins and lakers lose. dammit branduil switch back. if the spurs lose then i was one of the only ones to call it.

Pkaz01

pilonv1 said:
I haven't seen much of this Spurs-Grizz series, how does it rate compared to the Mavs-Warriors 1-8 meltdown?
honestly if i remember correctly the mavs vs warriors series you could tell the warriors were underdogs throughout the series.

Watching the grizz vs spurs at times you wonder how the spurs made the playoffs.

overcast

jjasper said:
It was pretty crazy. Even my wife's parents who never stand up jumped out of their set.

4pl5s5
This was so badass.

KingGondo

Banned
TylerD said:
Fun fact... Before tonight, Nuggs were shooting 28% in the paint and 56% at the rim.
A series against Memphis could end up being a slugfest.

This game is actually going well. The only thing we didn't want was Denver jumping out to a big lead and getting the crowd behind them.

KingGondo said:
A series against Memphis could end up being a slugfest.

This game is actually going well. The only thing we didn't want was Denver jumping out to a big lead and getting the crowd behind them.

The story of this series is OKC's bench outplaying Denver's bench. Denver is supposed to have the best bench (since the trade) so it's kind of a big deal.

That and Ibaka turning into a legit #3.

edit: What is denver's FT% in this series? It's got to be god awful.

KingGondo

Banned
dream said:
uhoh, lover's spat between K-Dur and Bestbrook?
KD needs to put him in his place. Westbrook goes into hero mode at the drop of a hat, and there are lots of easy assists out there for him if he'll just look.

Bread

Banned
smurfx said:
wait a minute. branduil switches from the mavericks to the lakers and suddenly dallas wins and lakers lose. dammit branduil switch back. if the spurs lose then i was one of the only ones to call it.
Oh he knows what he's doing.

dream

KingGondo said:
KD needs to put him in his place. Westbrook goes into hero mode at the drop of a hat, and there are lots of easy assists out there for him if he'll just look.

Man, if only Derrick Rose had someone like K-Dur keeping him in check.

If Ibaka is for real as a legit #3 option going forward, that's it for OKC. They've got that championship core and the role players. Only thing lacking is experience.

How the fuck did Jeff Green get so many minutes ahead of Ibaka. Ibaka is 10 times the player Green is. It's really not close.

Perk with a really stupid move.

Cloudy

Banned
Pop continuing to play Bonner is almost as bad as Phil sticking with Fisher even as he's getting burned over and over again. I don't get it, Splitter seems like he can play. When did Pop buy into this D'Antoni shit?

dream

I missed all the New York trolling. Can someone summarize it for little ole dream who hates few things more than New York Basketball?

dream said:
I missed all the New York trolling. Can someone summarize it for little ole dream who hates few things more than New York Basketball?

He just said it's the most overrated basketball city. The other guys kept shouting over him so he couldn't really say anything else.

The question was something like "why is NY the basketball mecca when so many all stars are comin from chicago"

Duki

Banned
yall see kobe refusing to let the laker docs look at his shit

must be pretty fucked up

doesnt want phil to bench him

dream

Duki said:

must be pretty fucked up

lol, he won't even get x-rays.

This has to be his last run.

horrible charge call, there.

must be pretty fucked up

Trainers have to okay him not doing it and they did, so they don't think it's serious.

but yeah, it's weird.

Nuggets FT woes is amazing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Duki said:

must be pretty fucked up

Well at least he passed Jordan in games played

Branduil

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Reminder: Aaron Brooks won 2010 MIP over Zach Randolph. That could go down as the worst award selection of all time.
It's fine as long as you give him a most declined award this year.

Blackace said:
Uh.. yes it was..
Wikipedia said:
In early December 1891, Dr. James Naismith,[2] a Canadian-born physical education professor and instructor at the International Young Men's Christian Association Training School[3] (YMCA) (today, Springfield College) in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA, was trying to keep his gym class active on a rainy day. He sought a vigorous indoor game to keep his students occupied and at proper levels of fitness during the long New England winters. After rejecting other ideas as either too rough or poorly suited to walled-in gymnasiums, he wrote the basic rules and nailed a peach basket onto a 10-foot (3.05 m) elevated track. In contrast with modern basketball nets, this peach basket retained its bottom, and balls had to be retrieved manually after each "basket" or point scored; this proved inefficient, however, so the bottom of the basket was removed,[4] allowing the balls to be poked out with a long dowel each time

Crap. Well he is Canadian........so yea..... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom