• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Black Mamba said:
Lamar had 13 and 7 in 28 min. okay, a 3 late when the game was over, but I thought he played..okay. Not as good as usual, as he shot poorly, but he was okay. Defensively he was really good and he got hit with no call on a shot, plus denied an obvious and1.

Game 4 he had a bad game. Tonight, he did not.
He did play "okay" today. And that's the god damn problem. He's better than "Okay" and especially against a sorry ass front-line like NO's. Yet he doesn't play like it. He's had one good game, two okay ones and 2 terrible ones. He's back to being Mr. Inconsistent now that he's got his trophy. Shit is inexcusable.

You'd also think he'd put in a little more effort through out the entire night knowing his captain is banged up.

He needs to take the ball inside on these guys and stop chucking up 3's like a fucking jackass. I'm sick of watching this shit.

zychi

Banned
As long as BoozIR(I like this and am stealing it) scores 10pts and 10reb a game, and lets taj play more, I'm okay with the contract the Bulls gave him. If he does anything less, I will hate his soul.

Kobe having a pretty funny conference right now.

"am i on a reality tv show?"

"I don't know why you guys so concerned, it's not like i would have told y'all the results of the MRI."

on Shannon saying the last time Kobe dunked like that he had a fro. "yeah, and he was 2."

hah, just called Phil a smartass for calling him a liability in the 1st quarter.

he said he's "doubtful for thursday," laughing.

Force - Pau played much worse than Lamar this series and he's supposed to be a rock. I understand you want him to play that well every night, but it won't happen. He still didn't play poorly.

Forceatowulf said:
He needs to take the ball inside on these guys and stop chucking up 3's like a fucking jackass. I'm sick of watching this shit.

I groan every time either he or Shannon get late (or early..weyhey!) in the shot clock and chuck up a ill advised 3.

Shannon's game has devolved to

1) breakaway dunks

2) chucking threes

3) hanging on to the ball too long and either

a) forcing up a bad shot

b) passing too late in the shot clock and causing a turnover

ryutaro's mama said:
I groan every time either he or Shannon get late (or early..weyhey!) in the shot clock and chuck up a ill advised 3.

Shannon's game has devolved to

1) breakaway dunks

2) chucking threes

3) hanging on to the ball too long and either

a) forcing up a bad shot

b) passing too late in the shot clock and causing a turnover

You missed over-dribbling while ignoring the players in decent position in the post and then getting stripped as he gets in the lane.

But yeah, Lamar needs to take Jason Smith off the dribble more. He's actually trying to post him up too much, which plays into his strength. Dude is a big stiff. Get him moving side to side.

exarkun

Shannon brown is one of those few players where he had starting talent and ability, and being on the bench kind of hurt his game to the point that he is a good bench player. Redick on the other hand, had good talent/ability for a bench player, and his bench play and minutes have made him into a talent worth starting on a pretty decent team.

Its work ethic mostly I think.

exarkun said:
Shannon brown is one of those few players where he had starting talent and ability, and being on the bench kind of hurt his game to the point that he is a good bench player. Redick on the other hand, had good talent/ability for a bench player, and his bench play and minutes have made him into a talent worth starting on a pretty decent team.

Its work ethic mostly I think.

I don't think he has starting talent. His handles are terrible and his shot isn't consistent enough. He's a very mediocre player with elite athleticism. The more minutes he gets the worse he looks.

Zep

Banned
greg-anthony.png

exarkun

Ninja Scooter said:
I don't think he has starting talent. His handles are terrible and his shot isn't consistent enough. He's a very mediocre player with elite athleticism. The more minutes he gets the worse he looks.

Thats why I said "had". If he worked at his game more, and was less selfish with the ball then he could be something good. He played well for a couple games when Kobe went down, didn't he?

And viak, help me find a picture of Redick to make into a floating head. Its time to change, and I'm leaning toward supporting the man with the prettiest J after ray-ray and curry.

Edit: LMAO at that twitter pic. You know he did that shit on accident and now is trying to pass it off.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Black Mamba said:
Force - Pau played much worse than Lamar this series and he's supposed to be a rock. I understand you want him to play that well every night, but it won't happen. He still didn't play poorly.
It's not like I want him to play like a god. I just want him to stop taking contested jumpers and bring the ball inside every once in a fucking while. And stop getting pushed around by a bunch of scrubs and use his size advantage and quickness for more than a few minutes at a time.

Is that so much to ask from the 6'th man of the year? I don't think it is...

And at least Pau has an excuse. It's not easy being only one of two female players in the NBA right now. There's a lot of adversity he has to struggle with nightly.

diehard

Fleer
AShep said:
Post a single, salient point in defense of your boys. I dare you.
Derrek Rose is the single most overrated PG in the history of the NBA.

Post a single, salient point in defense of your boy. I dare you.

rc213

Jamesfrom818 said:
Watched Fast Five. Ate In N Out. Watched the 4th quarter of a Lakers playoff win. Today was a good day.

I bailed on my buds who went to go see Fast Five, I grabbed some Philippe's french dipped and watched the Laker game.

How'd you like the movie?

diehard

Fleer
lawlohwhat said:
fedex me a double double? in-n-out is the only redeeming quality of los angeles.

in-n-out is the single most overrated fast food place in the history of fast food.

Post a single, salient point in defense of your taste. I dare you.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
dIEHARD said:
in-n-out is the single most overrated fast food place in the history of fast food.

You are out of your goddamned mind.

dream

Monogomy is the single most overrated union in the history of institutions.

Post a single, salient point in defense of your commitment. I dare you.

Omiee

Great win, those kobe dunks were sick. Im still not confident we can close this out on new Orleans though. Were not playing like we desperately need that championship like some other are.

dIEHARD said:

get outta here. when i die i want to be embalmed with their thousand island sauce.

Omiee said:
Great win, those kobe dunks were sick. Im still not confident we can close this out on new Orleans though. Were not playing like we desperately need that championship like some other are.

They should close em out because they could use the rest.

Game 1 is officially set for Monday. Thursday gives em 3 days off and 2 days for the coaches to scout. A game 7 just means an off day.

new orleans will be very tough to close out in game 6, but the lakers really need to do it. The rest plus avoiding a game 7 where anything can happen is important.

Tonight should have been the close-out game. Sigh. Stupid game 4.

numble

dIEHARD said:

Have you ever had their animal style or protein style stuff?

THRILLH0

Banned
dream said:
How many points was that worth?

What is wrong with you that you keep posting that? How many points was Fisher's 0.4 worth?

That play obviously fired up Kobe and the rest of the Lakers in the pivotal game of the series. Not sure what your point is.

dream

AShep said:
What is wrong with you that you keep posting that? How many points was Fisher's 0.4 worth?

That play obviously fired up Kobe and the rest of the Lakers in the pivotal game of the series. Not sure what your point is.

Kobe's second quarter dunk is the most overrated non-dagger in the history of non-daggers.

Post a single, salient point in defense of a typical dunk that Brook Lopez does 5 times a game. I dare you.

giri

dIEHARD said:
Derrek Rose is the single most overrated PG in the history of the NBA.

Post a single, salient point in defense of your boy. I dare you.
He's going to make it to the finals and win MVP.

Gigglepoo said:
Gotta agree with you there. Plus, then the top two MVPs can go head-to-head. I always love when that happens.

I agree.

dream said:
Kobe's second quarter dunk is the most overrated non-dagger in the history of non-daggers.

Post a single, salient point in defense of a typical dunk that Brook Lopez does 5 times a game. I dare you.

Why you so mad? it was a very nice dunk that sparked a nice run for his team. Clipper-dream is more fun than celts-dream :(

dIEHARD said:
Damn that's like 5 Rondo free throws.

hahaha funniest post in the thread.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Watched Fast Five. Ate In N Out. Watched the 4th quarter of a Lakers playoff win. Today was a good day.

I have literally not been this hyped for a movie in a long time (prolly since AHBUHDAR) and the first I'm seeing opening weekend in a LOOOOOOOONG time.

I'm not even kidding.

Seeing it on Saturday.

ryutaro's mama said:
I have literally not been this hyped for a movie in a long time (prolly since AHBUHDAR) and the first I'm seeing opening weekend in a LOOOOOOOONG time.

I'm not even kidding.

Seeing it on Saturday.

I think Friday for me and the wife. Should be a good summer for movies.

Good win, time to wrap this shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom