• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTyson

Banned
Publicity stunt - "denied getting an MRI". Kobe Bryant likes to trick his fans - he never once hurt his finger - sure a jam, we all do. He jammed his finger up some chicks ass. All acting, dramatic effect. Love how he also puts the blame on Gasol.

Gigglepoo

reilo said:
Hahha. Who's the Bull in the bottom right corner just jumping up and down by himself after Tony hits that shot?

Even in defeat, Reggie is the ultimate showman. Who in the current NBA would have the cojones to bow toward the away crowd? Classic stuff.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LovingSteam said:
Anyone hear Colin Cowwwwwwwwwherd's theory on Phil Jackson?

1. Phil retires this year knowing Lakers will suck next year
2. Lakers brass hires Shaw to short term deal knowing he won't win
3. Lakers get eliminated from playoffs next year
4. 2012 Odom, Bynum, Fish come off the books and Lakers sign Dwight & either Westbrook/Deron Williams/CP3
5. Phil comes back to coach Dwight/Pau/aging Kobe/new PG to 2 more titles
Phil can barely walk. I think he's just done with the rigors of coaching. Jax will be 67 at the start of the 2012 season.

I can only think of four coaches older than that in recent times: Jerry Sloan, Don Nelson, Larry Brown and Hubie Brown.

MikeTyson said:
Publicity stunt - "denied getting an MRI". Kobe Bryant likes to trick his fans - he never once hurt his finger - sure a jam, we all do. He jammed his finger up some chicks ass. All acting, dramatic effect. Love how he also puts the blame on Gasol.

You need to go back to the Kad school of trolling. Oh wait, the Kad needs to go back to the Livefromkyoto school of trolling also.

reilo

LovingSteam said:
You need to go back to the Kad school of trolling. Oh wait, the Kad needs to go back to the Livefromkyoto school of trolling also.
You assume that thekad would be permitted into such a prestigious school.

etiolate said:
Coaches far worse than Keith Smart who are keeping their jobs:

1. Rambis
2. Westphal
3. ???

Triano.

4. 2012 Odom, Bynum, Fish come off the books and Lakers sign Dwight & either Westbrook/Deron Williams/CP3

His supplier's quality went up.

reilo

Kevin McHale will join a long list of cadidates interviewing for the Houston Rockets coaching job, Yahoo! Sports reported Thursday.
ahahahahahahaha

1. Mike Woodson
2. Mike Brown
3. Kevin McHale

Branduil

LovingSteam said:

That's just stupid. We have no cap room in 2012 even minus Odom/Bynum. We'd have to trade for Dwight/CP3.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I read on RealGM that Barcelona is actually trying to get Ricky Rubio to sign with the Wolves. For some reason, I feel like his Spanish team pushing him out is not a good sign.

Rodeo Clown said:
I read on RealGM that Barcelona is actually trying to get Ricky Rubio to sign with the Wolves. For some reason, I feel like his Spanish team pushing him out is not a good sign.
He's done in Europe. He can't maximize his talent playing with Euro scrubs.

Branduil said:
That's just stupid. We have no cap room in 2012 even minus Odom/Bynum. We'd have to trade for Dwight/CP3.
S&T Bynum for Dwight. Orlando wob't want to lose him outright and assuming he isn't crippled by 2012 he'd be a nice fit.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Official Knicks FB updated today with:

After STAT's MVP-caliber season, Knicks Nation knows the impact a star free-agent can have on a franchise. Now it's the New York Liberty's turn - Cheryl Ford will be making her decision soon! Eastern Conference Finals last season - with the Mailman's daughter, anything is possible this season.

If you would "like" to see Cheryl in a Liberty uniform this season, be sure to LIKE the Libs on Facebook!

To which fans responded with:

#
Bibbin George wtf who cares i dont watch wnba shit...post news about knicks free agent signins,not this.
7 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 3 peopleLoading...
#
Matthew Ciccotto I had no idea women created a kitchen that looked like a basketball court
7 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
#
Ethan Noorani NO one gives a shitttttttttttttttttttt
7 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...
#
Ethan Noorani no one gives a shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
7 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 4 peopleLoading...
#
Akshay Pardiwala lol ^
7 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
#
Dave Garufi NOBODY gives a RAT's ASS!!
6 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 2 people2 people like this.
#
Steven Canon Damn Right come to NYC and we can turn the liberty around just like the knicks did with Amare and Melo
6 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
#
Michael Barksdale She plays for the Liberty now? WOW!!
5 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
#
Jonathan K. Leery OMFG DIE!!!!!!!!
#
Justin Manjares Does she play defense? If so..let's get her on the team..
5 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...
#
Paul Carioscia the only thing worse than women's basketball is women's golf!!!
#
Elijah Weekes nigga this is not basketball. stop it
4 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
#
Brett Maher Lol .... were good
3 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
#
Matt Harris I will "UNLIKE" the Knicks page if they post anymore WNBA garbage. It's like watching men's basketball being played underwater, not to mention that they practically stop the game if someone dunks and inducts the girl into the HOF.

LMAAAAO!!!!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Any Wolves fans want to tell me about Kevin McHale as a coach?

For some reason I think he will be the Rockets' pick. He is the only name big enough for the owner's ego.

KingGondo

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Steven Canon Damn Right come to NYC and we can turn the liberty around just like the knicks did with Amare and Melo
Hahahaha... Assuming this is sarcasm, we need to get this guy on NBA-GAF stat!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
dskillzhtown said:
Any Wolves fans want to tell me about Kevin McHale as a coach?

For some reason I think he will be the Rockets' pick. He is the only name big enough for the owner's ego.
He doesn't really have a ton of structure. He would say stuff like, "We're just gonna go play basketball." He runs pretty basic sets that play to his personnel (back in 08-09 the offense was basically Randy Foye pick and rolls and Al Jefferson on the block, and it worked.) and isn't too concerned with defense. But he does get his guys to buy in and play hard for him every night, which is a lot more than guys like Kurt Rambis can say.

AlphaSnake

KingGondo said:
Hahahaha... Assuming this is sarcasm, we need to get this guy on NBA-GAF stat!

Is it wrong that I read Mr. Elijah Weekes comment above in Katt William's voice? It just made sense to do so.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rodeo Clown said:
He doesn't really have a ton of structure. He would say stuff like, "We're just gonna go play basketball." He runs pretty basic sets that play to his personnel (back in 08-09 the offense was basically Randy Foye pick and rolls and Al Jefferson on the block, and it worked.) and isn't too concerned with defense. But he does get his guys to buy in and play hard for him every night, which is a lot more than guys like Kurt Rambis can say.

Thanks. On a team like the Rockets where it seems the players aren't physically capable of playing defense, he would fit perfectly.

Branduil said:
Any time you can give 35-year-old Chauncey Billups 14 mil you've gotta do it.
creepy-smile-guy-o.gif

i dont need to troll anymore every since brandy jumped ships.
ps, your real season starts in the offseason, knicks-age which i can see, have already failed.

I am fairly convinced Phil is 100% done with coaching after this season. Lakers beat reporters seem to be convinced of it, as well. he revealed that he really didn't want to come back this season, but was pushed into it by Kobe, Fish, and Jeanie to try to complete this.

BTW - Knicks had only 5 days to decide on whether to keep Billups. His contract had to be released in that time frame from the end of the knicks' season, not NBA season.

Put NYK in a bad spot.

AlphaSnake

I'm not opposed to the Billups pick-up. Come on, the guy averaged 17.5 PPG when he was playing healthy. Yes, he had a few off games, but at least he's smart enough to know when the ball isn't jiving with him and he starts looking for plays to boost his assist game. He's also the #2 best free throw shooter in the NBA, playing for a team that is the 5th or 6th most fouled in the league.

The experience and knowledge a guy like Chauncey brings is a valuable asset to this Knick team, imo. And if he can stay healthy all year, avoid the intentional injuries his opposition likes to sneak up on him, he'll likely get another extension.

KingGondo

Banned
Truth be told, Dolan can afford to pay whatever he wants because he's convinced NYC-ers that the KNICKS ARE BACK.

They were a cash cow even before the Knicks hiked ticket prices by a million percent for next season.

Billups HAD to be reacquired. Really, have you people seen what's out there? CJ Watson? Sebastian Telfair? There's nothing close to a good starting PG out there, at least Billups is a expiring in the same way Felton's contract is. I already covered this in my post in the offseason thread.

Why are people even questioning the move? Dude can run a halfcourt offense with his eyes closed and has a great understanding of pace. With a full offseason/practice with the team things will be fine.

Now the interesting thing is can they somehow find a way to reacquire Wilson Chandler...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom