• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2 Cool

LovingSteam said:
Yea... no. Was LA not in 'playoff' form in game 3? With this team you don't know if they're gonna blow their opponent out or lose by 10.

NomarTyme said:
Far from it.

It isn't even about the Lakers so much at this point, the Hornets are going to come out without a pulse next game. The Lakers took their heart out of them, and Paul went silent. (12pts and 3 assists since the first half on less than 40% shooting -- plus that one.)

Bring on Dallas or Portland.

Gigglepoo said:
You were supposed to say, "Reggie wasn't an all-time great."

And then I would have responded, "At least he was better than Drexler!"

And this horrible argument could have ended.

lol it really is an absurd argument. I feel dumber for just having engaged it in. Clyde Drexler?!? Clyde's momma doesn't think he's better than Kobe.

Gigglepoo

The league needs to go back to Best Of 5 in the first round. There's just no way teams like the Hornets or Pacers could ever pull an upset when they have to win 4 games.

Ninja Scooter said:
lol it really is an absurd argument. I feel dumber for just having engaged it in. Clyde Drexler?!? Clyde's momma doesn't think he's better than Kobe.

Wait, doesn't Drexler have a ring...?

zychi

Banned
You're also assuming that these players are going to be all time greats. This jumps into my whole "it can change" point. Kobe hasn't beaten any all-time greats yet. KG is not an all-time great imo. He had a chance to win it all in Minn and fell flat on his face(which he did last year too), he had to jump to a weak east to get his ring, and he had to be the original "big 3"(which by the way why didnt they get as much shit for this as miami did? I realize it was trades, but it was all planned out before hand). I like KG, and until his talking shit a few years ago to Noah, while he sat on the bench injured, I had a ton of respect for him, but he's not an all-time great imo.

Gigglepoo said:
The league needs to go back to Best Of 5 in the first round. There's just no way teams like the Hornets or Pacers could ever pull an upset when they have to win 4 games.

EDIT - Wait, doesn't Drexler have a ring...?

A 7 game series is the only way an underdog like the Spurs has a chance.

Also, yeah, Drexler tagged along for a ring with Hakeem in 95, the season after Hakeem won a ring all by himself. But Kobe's the one that needs other players to carry the load :rolleyes

J2 Cool

Barkley's theory being justified right now.

Gigglepoo said:

I agree. I'm sad we're not going into the 2nd round this weekend. I can't stand that Mia/Phi is still being played.

NomarTyme

J2 Cool said:
It isn't even about the Lakers so much at this point, the Hornets are going to come out without a pulse next game. The Lakers took their heart out of them, and Paul went silent. (12pts and 3 assists since the first half on less than 40% shooting -- plus that one.)

Bring on Dallas or Portland.
I see them getting amp up and the Lakers going home to have to win the series.

effzee

zychi said:
You're also assuming that these players are going to be all time greats. This jumps into my whole "it can change" point. Kobe hasn't beaten any all-time greats yet. KG is not an all-time great imo. He had a chance to win it all in Minn and fell flat on his face(which he did last year too), he had to jump to a weak east to get his ring, and he had to be the original "big 3"(which by the way why didnt they get as much shit for this as miami did? I realize it was trades, but it was all planned out before hand). I like KG, and until his talking shit a few years ago to Noah, while he sat on the bench injured, I had a ton of respect for him, but he's not an all-time great imo.

I dont get why you dont just stop? No one thinks you are right. Not Ninja, not Gigg, nor any of the other regulars who have great knowledge of the game.

What you are professing is an opinion that no one else shares. You have the right to that opinion but stop arguing it as fact.

zychi

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
A 7 game series is the only way an underdog like the Spurs has a chance.

Also, yeah, Drexler tagged along for a ring with Hakeem in 95, the season after Hakeem won a ring all by himself. But Kobe's the one that needs other players to carry the load :rolleyes
Hakeem and Drex only won because Jordan retired. Again, competition.

zychi said:

Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmm. Alright then. No need to continue this conversation any further.

zychi said:
If you wanna go down this road, yes I think Barkley is better then Duncan and he didnt get a ring because of Jordan, but I have a personal bias on this, he played against my Bulls and I gained a ton of respect for him and he was always one of my favorites during his playing time. I do not think Malone is better then Duncan.

You have lost your damned mind. That Suns team was ridiculously stacked, and SHOULD have won against the Rockets in 94 and 95. They would have crushed the Knicks and Magic. That's on Barkley.

zychi said:
Hakeem and Drex only won because Jordan retired. Again, competition.

Even if they played the entire season together, the 95 Bulls weren't winning shit without Horace Grant (or eventually Dennis Rodman). They had no answer inside for Shaq or Olajuwon.

Pickles the Firecat said:
Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmm. Alright then. No need to continue this conversation any further.

KG's not an all time great....but Clyde Drexler is.

I think we've found out what it would be like if Bill O'Reilly pretended to be an NBA fan.

effzee

Gigglepoo said:
Isn't he from Philly or Italy or some crazy place?

No he denied being a Philly boy back during the Sixers Lakers finals in 01.

And thats some thuggery right there by Kobe. Lucky for him he didn't land awkwardly and hurt those ankles.

zychi

Banned
effzee said:
I dont get why you dont just stop? No one thinks you are right. Not Ninja, not Gigg, nor any of the other regulars who have great knowledge of the game.

What you are professing is an opinion that no one else shares. You have the right to that opinion but stop arguing it as fact.
No argument buddy, it's basketball, it's not politics or things that will change the course of the world. Notice how I have yet to claim it as fact? He keeps asking me questions(besides my last post) so I respond. And I'm not saying its fact, I've said numerous times its my opinion and my rankings can change, plus its my opinion, but as of right now I have Drex>Kobe.

diehard

Fleer
Ninja Scooter said:
That Karl Malone is better than Tim Duncan. Played in a tougher era, played against the 72-10 Bulls, would have had a ring if it weren't for Jeffrey...it's all so clear now.
I dont know about the first part but the rest of it is true.

dream

Ninja Scooter said:
Clyde Drexler's jump off. She posts here under the name zychi.

zychi? The Korver guy said that KG isn't an all-time great?

composite.png

Add my face at the bottom of this.

So unless CP3's got another vintage Magic game in him (which I wouldn't doubt just yet) this series is looking a lot like last year's Thunder series. lets wrap it up on the road.

J2 Cool

Ninja Scooter said:
So unless CP3's got another vintage Magic game in him (which I wouldn't doubt just yet) this series is looking a lot like last year's Thunder series. lets wrap it up on the road.

Which turned into the toughest series the Lakers had. I don't think Dallas or Portland will give the Lakers as much trouble, despite having more talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom