• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This talk about Drexler caused me to look up his numbers and he really only averaged seven points per game before the Blazers decided that he was the franchise and they couldn't pick Jordan. What the fuck. And he wasn't even a top ten pick the year prior! I never knew that. How could the Blazers possibly reach like that (For a guy with terrible knees at 22!) when the guy they had and couldn't stunt the development of could have easily not turned out since he wasn't a great prospect? That pick was nearly as terrible at the time as it is now. The Blazers tried to challenge the pick's stupidity 20 years later with Webster and they did come close, but overall, they couldn't top it and now nothing will.

Gigglepoo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
That pick was nearly as terrible at the time as it is now.

Bill Simmons did a "Running Diary" of the draft in his book. Pretty shocking. I'd recommend reading that section next time you're in a book store.

dIEHARD said:
heh sure bud :0

They would have beaten the '00 Blazers, too.

zychi

Banned
So to get back to relevant topics, what's everyones personal wants for ECF and WCF?
I'm pushing Bulls v Heat and Lakers v Thunder. Memp beating SA would be sweet.

zychi said:
So to get back to relevant topics, what's everyones personal wants for ECF and WCF?
I'm pushing Bulls v Heat and Lakers v Thunder. Memp beating SA would be sweet.

I'm going for all time great Joe Johnson to lead the Hawks against that scrub KG and the Celtics in the East.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
This talk about Drexler caused me to look up his numbers and he really only averaged seven points per game before the Blazers decided that he was the franchise and they couldn't pick Jordan. What the fuck. And he wasn't even a top ten pick the year prior! I never knew that. How could the Blazers possibly reach like that (For a guy with terrible knees at 22!) when the guy they had and couldn't stunt the development of could have easily not turned out since he wasn't a great prospect? That pick was nearly as terrible at the time as it is now. The Blazers tried to challenge the pick's stupidity 20 years later with Webster and they did come close, but overall, they couldn't top it and now nothing will.

oh now you've done it!

Gigglepoo said:
Bill Simmons did a "Running Diary" of the draft in his book. Pretty shocking. I'd recommend reading that section next time you're in a book store.

I read that, but he never mentioned that Drexler wasn't a very good prospect at the time of the draft. He obviously turned out, but he was the 14th pick the year prior and averaged seven points per game on abysmal efficiency.

dream

ryutaro's mama said:
Do I need to go back a few pages and see Lakers-Age suiciding in after one when the Lakers were down 32-23 or did that not happen?

A little bit...but then Kobe scored 2 points and everyone went nuts.

ryutaro's mama said:
Do I need to go back a few pages and see Lakers-Age suiciding in after one when the Lakers were down 32-23 or did that not happen?

Well, I was saying the Lakers defense was terrible and they'd lose if they didn't start playing hard on that end.

Well, they did.

Fisher played well, just for Konex. Bench run to start the 2nd was damn big, too. Bench played really well as a unit.

Honestly though if Big Country had the supporting cast KG did in Minny, and Shaq caught Spanish Flu, and Kobe lost his right thumb in a scuba accident, and Tim Duncan was drafted by the Celtics and got into a gunfight with Jason Kidd killing them both, we are talking about a threepeat at the minimum. That's why Reeves=Malone.

Pickles the Firecat said:
Honestly though if Big Country had the supporting cast KG did in Minny, and Shaq caught Spanish Flu, and Kobe lost his right thumb in a scuba accident, and Tim Duncan was drafted by the Celtics and got into a gunfight with Jason Kidd killing them both, we are talking about a threepeat at the minimum. That's why Reeves=Malone.
hope you lack gag reflex, because you know bishoptl's bat signal is going on right about now.

We can´t argue that:

Malone was the better one on offense
Duncan was the best on defense
Barkley was the best on rebounds.

Hard to have a serious discussions because people factor in personal bias, if this, if that, and just flat out troll some older players for no reason.

Forget the fact that Karl Malone was the first black redneck republican on earth, as a player, he was incredible. Barkley might be causing a lot of jokes right now because of his humor, but he was a beast.

To me they are both better than Duncan.

I know, TD got four rings in his carrear, but rings alone are not the only measurament for the best individual player. Otherwise people would be saying Russell is GOAT and Horry is an all time great. It´s not just the rings, specially for the players that played in the Jordan era, a player that despite the hate from Lakers-age, can´t really be compared with anybody else.

Okafor is averaging seven points and as many turnovers as defensive rebounds in the playoffs and is pretty much the worst player playing minutes in the playoffs right now, I apologize for saying he was playing good this season.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Okafor is averaging seven points and as many turnovers as defensive rebounds in the playoffs and is pretty much the worst player playing minutes in the playoffs right now, I apologize for saying he was playing good this season.

He's really overmatched vs Bynum, who most of his minutes come against. Bynum has been the 1 consistent big for the Lakers. The size difference is killing him and Bynum is just as quick, if not quicker. And he forces Okafor to not be able to help on defense. Drew's even hitting some mid-range shots.

Shadow780

pqpZa.gif

Okafor should take solace in that Dwight started beasting the season after Kobe baptized him.

Shadow780 said:
pqpZa.gif

Okafor should take solace in that Dwight started beasting the season after Kobe baptized him.

That was Young Kobe with all his fingers working and a functioning knee.

Okafor got destroyed by an Old Man with a duct-taped ankle and 4 working fingers.

I checked Marvin Williams' stats after bashing Okafor and he had 14 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists entering tonight. For the entire series. But he's not getting minutes so he doesn't count.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
numble said:
You're weird. He played almost as well as Gasol.
There's no reason for him not to be getting his reg season averages or better against this team every god damn night. None.

And I'm tired of watching LO not being aggressive by taking the ball inside and instead clanking contested 3's all god damn night and then hitting them when the game is basically already over.

If he doesn't have a good game on Thursday I'm done with this inconsistent asshole. He will officially be to me what Fisher is to Cloudy. But at least Fisher comes up big in big games consistently.

THRILLH0

Banned
This Malone = Duncan crap is even worse than Duncan > Kobe.

Fact is, Malone/Stockton/Sloan is the most overrated triumvirate in the history of sports.

3 guys who Jazz fans will tell you are GOAT contenders at their position, together for their entire primes, and they couldn't win 1 measly chip.

Duncan is god-tier defensively and if he played with Stockton feeding him the ball he would have averaged 30+.

Forceatowulf said:
There's no reason for him not to be getting his reg season averages or better against this team every god damn night. None.

And I'm tired of watching LO not being aggressive by taking the ball inside and instead clanking contested 3's all god damn night and then hitting them when the game is basically already over.

If he doesn't have a good game on Thursday I'm done with this inconsistent asshole. He will officially be to me what Fisher is to Cloudy. But at least Fisher comes up big in big games consistently.

Lamar had 13 and 7 in 28 min. okay, a 3 late when the game was over, but I thought he played..okay. Not as good as usual, as he shot poorly, but he was okay. Defensively he was really good and he got hit with no call on a shot, plus denied an obvious and1.

Game 4 he had a bad game. Tonight, he did not.

diehard

Fleer
AShep said:
This Malone = Duncan crap is even worse than Duncan > Kobe.

Fact is, Malone/Stockton/Sloan is the most overrated triumvirate in the history of sports.

3 guys who Jazz fans will tell you are GOAT contenders at their position, together for their entire primes, and they couldn't win 1 measly chip.

Duncan is god-tier defensively and if he played with Stockton feeding him the ball he would have averaged 30+.
well, you're an idiot.

It's confirmed now.

J2 Cool

Boozer with a series of 10ppg/10reb/2ast on 35% shooting

Now he injured his toe and went in for an x-ray (negative)?

ESPN said:
Boozer admitted that he is dealing with some frustration due to his recent poor play.

"Everybody get frustrated a little bit," he said. "But the biggest thing about us is we hold together as a group of guys, and we have one goal in mind, to win. And no matter what happens, as long as we win, that's all that matters."

285493893-67823b4b304d51b89caa86c04413c10d4db786b0-scaled.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom