• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Black Mamba said:
No, it's because it keeps Krstic and Baby on the bench more. Baby, in particular, sucks big time.

You need Shaq to help defend Bron/Wade, not Z and Anthony. Baby doesn't help there.
shaq guards wing players now?

giri said:
shaq guards wing players now?

Bigs don't help defense now?

Are you trying to argue people defend Lebron/Wade 100% 1 on 1? did you watch the Philly series where brand or Hawes or Young would pack the paint?

I am thoroughly impressed by memphis, tonight. See Atlanta, this is how it's done. Even if grizz lose this game, they should close this out at home.

Spurs collapsing badly, here.

dream

5 point lead. After they were down by double digits.

rip the manu era.

Black Mamba said:
If Pau was up against a shit frontline consisting of Tim Duncan instead of Carl Landry, Pau would be putting up 25-15 every night.

Are we talking about the same P. Gasol? The one who was startled by how hard the ref threw him the ball?

jjasper

dream said:
Marc Gasol is best Gasol. I'm not even joking about that anymore.
I have been dead serious about this since his rookie year. It blows my mind that it took a Euro to bring back an old school big man. When he came here I thought for sure he would be a bust too.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
dream said:
Marc Gasol is best Gasol. I'm not even joking about that anymore.
It's true. Marc is Pau with a littlle less finesse, but with an assload of toughness.

I'll take the workhorse over the show pony.

numble

jjasper said:
I have been dead serious about this since his rookie year. It blows my mind that it took a Euro to bring back an old school big man. When he came here I thought for sure he would be a bust too.
Marc is a hybrid. He played basketball in American high school and then played in Europe.

jjasper

Darkman M said:
Marc is most def the tougher,hungrier Gasol, but big bro still has the better skillset.

People say this but they don't play the same position. Their games are completely different and Marc is a better center than Pau is a PF.

numble said:
Marc is a hybrid. He played basketball in American high school and then played in Europe.

Yeah but his high school played in the scrub league (not sure what AAU he played on)

dream said:
5 point lead. After they were down by double digits.

rip the manu era.

Are we talking about the same P. Gasol? The one who was startled by how hard the ref threw him the ball?

If Marc was up against Landry, he'd be running from the ball!

Marc is most def the tougher,hungrier Gasol, but big bro still has the better skillset.

What's funny is Marc actually had a down year this year, but has come on of late.

Guess it will all be decided when they go head to head in round 3. Battle of the Best Gasol!

jjasper

Black Mamba said:
Guess it will all be decided when they go head to head in round 3. Battle of the Best Gasol!
If they get over what they always do and try to outdo each other and end up both playing like garbage.

Edit: I still think the Spurs can pull this out.

giri said:
I forgot that shaq being so nimble means he can switch on Picks now.

Where did i say he'd switch? Do you know how defense is played? Every team plays some sort of mini-zones.

The best lineup Boston has played all year is the Shaq lineup. It's +18 per 100 possessions.

Shaq is a big body and walls off the paint. His useful in a help defensive role and he keeps Krstic/Baby on the bench. Not to mention, the Celtics have been MUCH worse offensively since he got hurt. His presence creates spacing and would make it harder for Joel Anthony to help on defense.

The Spurs homer announcers sound like they're becoming Grizzlies fans.

NBATV isn't using Spurs announcers.

BobLoblaw

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Darrel Arthur is awesome, never heard of him playing well in the NBA before this series but he's got great touch, BBIQ, activity level, and athleticism.
Yeah, he just never got much PT. With Gay out, they've really started going deep in their bench. DA could be a starter or at least a 6th man on a lot of teams.

The M.O.B

Just got home from class, Why the hell was our fg% so low?

If Chalmers can drop that many bombs against the Celts, I hope he starts.

Oh and clutch Joel Anthony freethrows :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom