• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Conflict NZ said:
What is wrong with the refs? How can they call these rediculous fouls?
BWsAz.jpg

Tom Penny

giri said:
So your argument, is that, with shaqs defender able to stay in the paint guarding shaq / the paint, and the c's scoring heavily on dribble penetration, having shaq on the floor creates space?

I'm fairly certain no one understands your argument, it's just stupid and wrong.

And it's jermaine that will be logging the minutes at the 5, not the other 2.

If you can't leave a guy to double team it doesn't help your offense?

giri said:
So your argument, is that, with shaqs defender able to stay in the paint guarding shaq / the paint, and the c's scoring heavily on dribble penetration, having shaq on the floor creates space?

I'm fairly certain i understood your argument the first time it's just stupid and wrong.

And it's jermaine that will be logging the minutes at the 5, not the other 2.

If Shaq isn't in there, a player is able to sag off Krstic/baby to help on the penetration.

When Shaq is in there, the player can't help off Shaq because if you help off Shaq it becomes a Shaq dunk.

Shaq with the starters take 42% of their shots from close range. baby, on the other hand, is around 31%. Krstic 35%. It is a big difference, there. Teams also take less shots in the paint against the Shaq unit. Since Shaq is the only guy in the paint, it doesn't crowd it, but you can't leave him. It creates real floor spacing. 5 jump shooters is NOT good spacing.

Jermaine if he holds up health-wise. And his offense is generally Perkins-esque.

linsivvi

Darkman M said:
And one of these Spurs fans had the nerves to come in here last night with that la ref shit.

You can't even touch the Spurs at this point, yet you can hack the Grizzlies all you want and no call.

That fast break should be a foul on Duncan, not Battier. Duncan initiated the contact and was on the defensive team so that's a 4 point swing right there. And potentially more if it was clear path.

I smell bullshit.

Spurs blowing layups and committing stupid fouls, here. lol.

But Battier can't drop that guillotine!

edit: wow @ that gasol foul call. That was clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom