• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

BobLoblaw said:
Yeah, he just never got much PT. With Gay out, they've really started going deep in their bench. DA could be a starter or at least a 6th man on a lot of teams.

That isn't really true. He has been doing this all season even with Gay playing. He has been money from the top of the arc all year.

giri

Black Mamba said:
Where did i say he'd switch? Do you know how defense is played? Every team plays some sort of mini-zones.

The best lineup Boston has played all year is the Shaq lineup. It's +18 per 100 possessions.

Shaq is a big body and walls off the paint. His useful in a help defensive role and he keeps Krstic/Baby on the bench. Not to mention, the Celtics have been MUCH worse offensively since he got hurt. His presence creates spacing and would make it harder for Joel Anthony to help on defense.

NBATV isn't using Spurs announcers.
You heard it here first, Shaqs outside shot helps the C's spacing!!!!

You're straight up turrible Hollinger.

Great finish by Splitter.

giri said:

You can't blatantly double team or challenge the Celtics in the paint when they play with a true center. If Shaq gets free his hands are too good and he takes up too much space, he'll get the rebound and either lay it in or get the foul. Krstic is too soft to do even that, and Baby is liability to get blocked even if he does get a feed directly under the basket.

Derwind

I'm officially going to join the Grizzly-age during this post season.

Jumping on the bandwagon naow....

Who do I call to register? Who's dick do I need to suck??

dream

Nice...the refs go out of their way to help the Spurs tie the game and the Grizzlies just go "fuck it whatever" and score a bunch of points.

giri said:

lol, his presence in the paint creates spacing, not on the perimeter. Boston is a strange team in that they don't utilize the paint when Shaq or Perk isn't there.

edit: let me make it clearer since you must be confused. They score off dribble penetration in the paint, but not off post-ups much.

When Krstic or Baby is in the game, there's no one in the paint. This makes it easier to challenge the Boston jump shots.

dream

So in one whistle the refs stop a Grizzlies fast break, get Shane Batt in foul trouble, and put the Grizzlies in the bonus. Nice,

BobLoblaw

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i love these grizz commentators. good enthusiasm and just calling out the refs/spurs flopping
That's one of the reasons I just can't respect Manu. He's taken the flopping crown from Vlade Divac and just run with it.

giri

Black Mamba said:
lol, his presence in the paint creates spacing, not on the perimeter. Boston is a strange team in that they don't utilize the paint when Shaq or Perk isn't there.

edit: let me make it clearer since you must be confused. They score off dribble penetration in the paint, but not off post-ups much.

When Krstic or Baby is in the game, there's no one in the paint. This makes it easier to challenge the Boston jump shots.
So your argument, is that, with shaqs defender able to stay in the paint guarding shaq / the paint, and the c's scoring heavily on dribble penetration, having shaq on the floor creates space?

I'm fairly certain no one understands your argument, it's just stupid and wrong.

And it's jermaine that will be logging the minutes at the 5, not the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom