• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Banned
punkypine said:
the dunking wasn't as big of a deal, the fact that he fell on a rebound where he was barely touched him and then complains about refs?

and lol@bosh trying to pump up the crowd

Yea, what can you do though. Loved how Thad play so tough down the stretch and in this whole series period. Im also glad Iguodala had a breakout game as it gives other GMs a flash of what he can do every 5 games. Get rid of him and re-sign Thad and I'll be a happy man.

The Stealth Fox

Zep said:
Yea, what can you do though. Loved how Thad play so tough down the stretch and in this whole series period. Im also glad Iguodala had a breakout game as it gives other GMs a flash of what he can do every 5 games. Get rid of him and re-sign Thad and I'll be a happy man.

Thaddeus Young = beast

effzee

I am at work and wasn't able to follow the game but as bad or sad as this may sound I am happy with what the Sixers were able to do. Finally got a coach, made the playoffs, and made Miami work for it. Its unfortunate that in the NBA without a true #1 superstar you don't stand much a of chance but after AI left and the terrible seasons in between this was fun.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
MiamiWesker said:
Here we go.

ALL the talk all year about whether or not the Heat team can handle a team like Boston, FINALLY its here. Finally it matters. We have waited since July for this moment. I cannot wait.
Without Shaq, Heat win.

Defunkled said:
I hope the Heat get eviscerated by the Celtics, just because of that amazing show of hubris by Wade.

You know I'm starting to be swayed a bit. While it is the Celtics and of course as a New Yorker I am obligated, by birth, to hate anything that has to do with Boston sports, I can't help but contemplate how enjoyable it would be to see the "Heatles" check out early. Should be a fun series for sure.

giri

dream said:
Haha, you have the Nuggets posing like they're in a police lineup, then you see Nene and Gallo with sheet eating grins.
My favorite was k-mart stealing the ball right out of ibaka's hands.

effzee

Is it wrong that even though the Heat just eliminated my team, I will root for them here on as I can not stand Chicago, Boston, and only tolerate Orlando?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Cubsfan23 said:
haven't seen one person on the internet pick the heat over the celtics so far

Wouldn't be the first time the Heat have defied expectations.

See: 2006 NBA Championship

dream

glen-davis-seals.jpg

“Just been chilling. I went to the aquarium… I met a couple penguins, fed a seal. Just been chilling.”
– Glen Davis, who is really enjoying his time off

Zep said:

You have my Axe

I'm not picking the Cs over the Heat. Unless Shaq can give them what he gave them to start the season, I think the heat win the series. Boston bench is just too horrific and their starters can't go 40 min each. Prior to the trade and Shaq injury, I would have picked boston.

I can't really root for either team, though. Although, watching Lebron/Bosh/Wade cry would be more satisfying in round 2.

giri

its funny watch the OKC guards, who have been told to pass, not be able to pass. Nuggets are intercepting so many silly passes.

Zep

Banned
We gave Miami the same problems Boston would have had with us also...So it only gets easier here for them as the pace won't be pushed as much. Miami's only problem will come from how they defend Allen. If Wade stays lazy on him, they eventually wear Miami out and win in 6. Everywhere else is pretty much a crapshoot.

giri

Black Mamba said:
I'm not picking the Cs over the Heat. Unless Shaq can give them what he gave them to start the season, I think the heat win the series. Boston bench is just too horrific and their starters can't go 40 min each. Prior to the trade and Shaq injury, I would have picked boston.

I can't really root for either team, though. Although, watching Lebron/Bosh/Wade cry would be more satisfying in round 2.
Is that because shaq allows them to guard Z and Joel Anthony 1 on 1? lol.

Vire

Cubsfan23 said:
haven't seen one person on the internet pick the heat over the celtics so far

Because clearly the internet is always right about predicting who will win. *Rolls eyes.

Did everyone forget that the Heat have home court advantage? It'll be a very close series, possibly going to 6 or 7 games.

The Celtics barely beat a banged up Knicks in the first two games.

giri

Vire said:
Because clearly the internet is always right about predicting who will win. *Rolls eyes.

Did everyone forget that the Heat have home court advantage? It'll be a very close series, possibly going to 6 or 7 games.

The Celtics barely beat a banged up Knicks in the first two games.
Over the C's ? i thought C's had HCA ?

giri said:
Is that because shaq allows them to guard Z and Joel Anthony 1 on 1? lol.

No, it's because it keeps Krstic and Baby on the bench more. Baby, in particular, sucks big time.

You need Shaq to help defend Bron/Wade, not Z and Anthony. Baby doesn't help there.

overcast

Damn the thunder and nuggets game is fun. Buzzer beater DAMN.

Thunder are my favorite team in the playoffs and Durant is the best superstar in the league. That's all there is to that.

Darkman M

Black Mamba said:
No, it's because it keeps Krstic and Baby on the bench more. Baby, in particular, sucks big time.

You need Shaq to help defend Bron/Wade, not Z and Anthony. Baby doesn't help there.

Bitch Baby can take a charge though lol.

dream

Black Mamba said:

No way Baby takes more charges than anyone in the NBA so we're fine if he's on Lebr oh god we're so fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom