• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Red Blaster said:
This league ought to be ashamed of themselves. The Grizz were the aggressors throughout the 4th quarter and the trash Spurs (who deserved to be moved to Anaheim instead of the Kings) get rewarded for it.

This.

This was the most egregious and crooked reffing I've seen since game 7 last June.

Congrats, Spurs. At home, with your backs against the wall, and facing an embarrassing elimination at the hands of an 8th seed, you needed 2 luck shots and a bunch of shitty calls (and overtime) just a eek out a win.

Gigglepoo

overcast said:
For sure. But he is likable. Spurs just aren't popular.

I generally don't like guys who are boring. Duncan and Rose are fun to watching, but I certainly don't like them. They have no personality. What's to like?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
threenote said:
forreal. Spurs are the most boring team to watch.

Spurs aren't boring

they're just better than 98% of the league

Rather watch the Spurs style on the Wizards 80 times than see national tv announcers nut hug Kobe and the Heat

Ninja Scooter said:
Congrats, Spurs. At home, with your backs against the wall, and facing an embarrassing elimination at the hands of an 8th seed, you needed 2 luck shots and a bunch of shitty calls (and overtime) just a eek out a win.

True that, I just hope they can come back and win at home.

dream

Oh well. Memphis has two more shots at this and I don't see anything about the Spurs that makes me think they can win 2 straight against the Grizzlies.

threenote

Banned
jobber said:
Spurs aren't boring

Rather watch the Spurs style on the Wizards 80 times than see national tv announcers nut hug Kobe and the Heat
They were almost eliminated by the 8th seed Grizzlies tonight. They are not 98% better than the league.

Branduil

Really what this proves is if you're up 3 and there's 2 seconds left, you have to foul. You can't just count on the other team missing a 3.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ninja Scooter said:
lol do the 8th seeded Grizzlies represent that 2%? GTFO.

yeah

they beat us 2 out of 4 in the regular season*

*Duncan was missing in 2 of those games(just like the other 60 games lawl)

Gigglepoo

jobber said:

Just imagine if the Grizzlies had their best player!

Branduil said:
Really what this proves is if you're up 3 and there's 2 seconds left, you have to foul. You can't just count on the other team missing a 3.

What about when there's .4 left?

jobber said:
Spurs aren't boring

BWAHAHWAH what? Better than 98% of the league? Whose ass did you pull that stat out of? If you're team is so hot why are you still down 3-2 against the 8th seed and needed a lucky buzzer beater to even still be alive?

The Stealth Fox

Ninja Scooter said:
Is this you complaining about the refs? Gotta get this post saved.

Can't wait to use the same excuse during the next Lakers game.

dream said:
This.

This was the most egregious and crooked reffing I've seen since game 7 last June.

Even with the bad calls, the Spurs had to hit two ridiculous shots to force OT, where they pretty much scored at will.

The Grizz hit all their FTs, the refs made the right call on Manu's 2-pointer...even with the help the Spurs got lucky and then closed it out fair and square.

Of course, FThunder don't even try to hide it for the whole game.

I still think the Spurs have about 5% chance of winning the series but I just love all the BS about bad calls. There have been some really bad calls in Memphis' favor too, especially in Game 3, goaltendings, panthom fouls, etc, but they're not the hated and boring Spurs, so it didn't matter. Please STFU. The refs are bad in 99% of the games.

jjasper

dream said:
Oh well. Memphis has two more shots at this and I don't see anything about the Spurs that makes me think they can win 2 straight against the Grizzlies.

This is a gut punch. There are 2 ways I didn't want this way to go. 1 was a blow out and the other was losing like this. It would have been better for them to completely outplay them the second half and just come up short.

THRILLH0

Banned
Red Blaster said:
This league ought to be ashamed of themselves. The Grizz were the aggressors throughout the 4th quarter and the trash Spurs (who deserved to be moved to Anaheim instead of the Kings) get rewarded for it.

Boo-hoo.

I swear, crying about the refs is cancerous to this board and to it's members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom