• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Gigglepoo said:
Just imagine if the Grizzlies had their best player!

They wouldn't make the playoffs. They were playing .500 ball with Gay. He was their go to guy and if you stop Gay, the team wouldn't know how to respond.

The Stealth Fox said:
Is this you complaining about the refs? Gotta get this post saved.

Can't wait to use the same excuse during the next Lakers game.

When have I ever said the refs didn't suck? I complain about the refs all thetime because they are incompetent morons. They missed an obvious call on that McDyess goal tend. That is a fact. That call helped the Spurs. The difference is I don't believe there is this grand conspiracy by the refs and Stern to decide the outcome of games. I've watched basketball enough to know that the refs are way too stupid to effectively fix games.

dream

jjasper said:
This is a gut punch. There are 2 ways I didn't want this way to go. 1 was a blow out and the other was losing like this. It would have been better for them to completely outplay them the second half and just come up short.

Yeah, but Memphis goes into game 6 knowing they can win. They took the best of the Spurs and lost by 7.

Zach's confidence has to be sky-high right now.

The Stealth Fox

Ninja Scooter said:
When have I ever said the refs didn't suck? I complain about the refs all thetime because they are incompetent morons. They missed an obvious call on that McDyess goal tend. That is a fact. That call helped the Spurs. The difference is I don't believe there is this grand conspiracy by the refs and Stern to decide the outcome of games. I've watched basketball enough to know that the refs are way too stupid to effectively fix games.

Refs accidentally handed out all those Lakers championships.

Vire

Gigglepoo said:
Memphis will be fine or they were just pretenders anyway. Losing in SA isn't something to hang your head about.

It's not about losing in SA, it's how they lost.

I've seen teams not recover from moments like that. Hopefully they don't hang their heads low over this loss.

Gigglepoo

Defunkled said:
Why are the commentators talking about how the Spurs played well in order to win? They got lucky on a desperation three.

Why is that shot lucky? Their best 3-point shooter had a wide-open look. That's skill.

Vire said:

I've seen teams not recover from things like that. Hopefully they don't hang their heads low over this loss.

I agree, but this shit happens. If they're tough and better than the Spurs (like I think), they'll be fine. If not, they didn't deserve to win anyway.

Thunder only need to be shooting a million more free throws than the Nuggets to be down by four at home. They can't lose this game and let the Nuggets go into Game 6 at Home with the momentum.

I hated the finish, but the Grizz will win game six. They are not pushovers and i believe they will run over the Spurs, just like the Warriors did in ´07 in a similar situation (game 5 loss, game 6 win).

Defunkled said:
Why are the commentators talking about how the Spurs played well in order to win? They got lucky on a desperation three.

No 3 by Gary Neal is desperate.

WHY IS BONNER GETTING 20 MINUTES IN AN ELIMINATION GAME!?!?!?!

Godslay

Banned
Vire said:

I've seen teams not recover from moments like that. Hopefully they don't hang their heads low over this loss.

If anything you would think that it would have the opposite effect. It's not like they are going to mope about losing that game. I would bet that it is going to motivate them to win at home.

The Stealth Fox said:
Nope. LARefs for lyfe.

ClydeDrexler.jpg

All-Time Great Dancer.

dream said:
This.

This was the most egregious and crooked reffing I've seen since game 7 last June.

Thought I was the only one to notice that 4th quarter whistlefest last June. Counted the fouls and they were severely lopsided. I have recently quoted it as "refs pulling a game 7". Just thought I'd mention that. Nothing on the Grizzlies game, I only watched the last few minutes... And I'm no Celtics fan, although I do like to watch them play.

Gigglepoo

Godslay said:
If anything you would think that it would have the opposite effect. It's not like they are going to mope about losing that game. I would bet that it is going to motivate them to win at home.

Exactly. They're young, cocky, and supremely talented. They beat the Spurs by 20 their last home game and could have won the series in 5 games. They'll be fine.

JohnsonUT

obijkenobi said:
No 3 by Gary Neal is desperate.

WHY IS BONNER GETTING 20 MINUTES IN AN ELIMINATION GAME!?!?!?!

Blair with 0 minutes. Pop will only play Blair or Splitter, but not both. Pop refuses to acknowledge that Bonner and Playoff Bonner are different people.

Branduil

seattle6418 said:
I hated the finish, but the Grizz will win game six. They are not pushovers and i believe they will run over the Spurs, just like the Warriors did in ´07 in a similar situation (game 5 loss, game 6 win).
Yeah, the Mavs were about to lose in game 5 of that series when Dirk hit a bunch of threes in a row to win it. Ending up not mattering at all.

JohnsonUT said:
Blair with 0 minutes. Pop will only play Blair or Splitter, but not both. Pop refuses to acknowledge that Bonner and Playoff Bonner are different people.

I only saw half of the 4th and all of over time. I can't believe Pop keeps playing Bonner

SamuraiX-

I loved reading all the reactions to the end of that Grizz/Spurs game. hah

<3 NBA GAF

Manu & Neal are the heroes tonight. Amazing finish.

I still stand by my prediction: if Spurs win Game 6, this series is over.

Spurs in 7.

Zeke

numble said:
That's not their best 3-point shooter.
I would say he is unless you're telling me bonner is number 1 neal shattered spurs record for 3's hit by a rookie. Something crazy like 180 something (I think).

jjasper

The three wasn't desperation. Manu's shot was lucky as shit sure but it was poor D up 3 with the game on the line. Should have never gotten that good a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom