• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
charsace said:
Howard will probably be a rocket, Clipper or Grizzlie. Maybe even end up in ATL if the Hawks are willing to trade Horford, Smith and picks for him.

It doesn't matter what Orlando wants. Tons of teams wanted to trade for Melo but didn't, because he didn't want to play for them. Just like Howard potentially will, Melo was able to dictate where he went because no team is going to trade their entire roster to rent him for a year (cept for maybe the Rockets, that GM is nutty). And Howard is a mini-Shaq. He wants to go to a big market to get endorsements and more fame.

numble

linsivvi said:
I'm just saying that to the Lakers rebuilding usually means a couple years of sucking, at most. Look at their track record. All they need is to land a couple stars to replace the current ones, and there's no reason to believe they can't.

You know why? Big market aside, one thing that differentiate the Lakers from most teams is that this is the main business of the Buss family. The cannot afford to fail.
They can fail. Sterling has been operating at a profit forever. Knicks have always been a profitable franchise, too.

Ninja Scooter said:
It doesn't matter what Orlando wants. Tons of teams wanted to trade for Melo but didn't, because he didn't want to play for them. Just like Howard potentially will, Melo was able to dictate where he went because no team is going to trade their entire roster to rent him for a year (cept for maybe the Rockets, that GM is nutty). And Howard is a mini-Shaq. He wants to go to a big market to get endorsements and more fame.

Yes sir. Not to mention these:

3352191297_414398a373.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:
Sure, in rec league games.

point is, they're relaxing and doing nothing
Sweeping their mediocre opponent is now a bad thing?
Rodeo Clown said:
But you commented that Kevin Love, from Oregon, is at a Blazers game! You want him. Admit it.
Portland does need a backup PF.

numble said:
They can fail. Sterling has been operating at a profit forever.

Sterling has no interest in putting a winning product on the court. He's shortsighted and just wants to keep collecting all that Staples money. Buss is smart enough to know if you spend now to put a winning product on the court, you get paid back much more later.

reilo said:
Sweeping their mediocre opponent is now a bad thing?

Portland does need a backup PF.

Dude. re-read my comment. I am referring to what they're doing at this very moment, being in down-time doing nothing.

I'm not talking about the sweep at all. it's a joke. maybe a poor one, but not an actual criticism or anything.

edit: I'm saying they won't make the Finals.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Celtics over the Heat in 6, who do you guys got in this series????

The question isn't who we have the question is what game in the series does LeBron 'pull' something and use that as an excuse for losing?

SamuraiX- said:
Those purple and yellow stars do look fancy!

I doubt Dwight will be able to contain himself.

Leave it to a Kings fan to have no idea what a championship banner looks like.

charsace

Ninja Scooter said:
How do you know he wants to play for Lakers? I've always known Melo wanted to play for the knicks even though you guys were denying it. I've heard nothing from Howard that hints at him wanting to be a Laker. Why wouldn't he want to go to the ATL, where he is from, and win them a title? Its one of the reasons why I put them down.

Anything the Lakers would try to trade is either old or damaged goods (Bynum). I just don't think the Lakers have the pieces to make a move for Dwight. As good as a guy like Gasol is he is around 30 right now. No one is going to give up a lot for a guy whose around that age.

LovingSteam said:
Yes sir. Not to mention these:

3352191297_414398a373.jpg
What do those mean to Howard. He has no connection with the city itself or the team. I don't understand why you think he wants to play there.

seattle6418 said:
I´ve lived there and i can attest to it.

Orlando > Miami.
you must be high on crack.

Dark FaZe said:
Bron and Wade have basically been sleep walking through this entire season for this moment.

I expect the Celtics to get worked hard.
lol. the old, "they were even trying hard" argument. right.

linsivvi

Ninja Scooter said:
Sterling has no interest in putting a winning product on the court. He's shortsighted and just wants to keep collecting all that Staples money. Buss is smart enough to know if you spend now to put a winning product on the court, you get paid back much more later.

Exactly. I am not saying the Lakers can't be profitable with a shitty team. But if it's your main source of income and you want to make as much money as possible, having a contending team is the only way.

Having said that, I don't want Dwight. I want CP3.

Gigglepoo

What's the deal with Delonte West? Is he healthy? Is he going to cover LeBron at all? Because I could totally see Reggie Miller slipping some jokes in there.

charsace said:
How do you know he wants to play for Lakers? I've always known Melo wanted to play for the knicks even though you guys were denying it. I've heard nothing from Howard that hints at him wanting to be a Laker. Why wouldn't he want to go to the ATL, where he is from, and win them a title? Its one of the reasons why I put them down.

Anything the Lakers would try to trade is either old or damaged goods (Bynum). I just don't think the Lakers have the pieces to make a move for Dwight. As good as a guy like Gasol is he is around 30 right now. No one is going to give up a lot for a guy whose around that age.

I don't know that he wants to be a Laker, or even if he does, if the Magic will want to deal him, but what I am saying is if Dwight formally or quietly says he wants a trade, he's going to dictate the terms. It's how it works. It's a players league. And there is no way in hell he is ending up in Memphis or Atlanta.

as for what they will trade, it is a very realistic scenario that if Dwight pushed the issue, the Magic would happily take Bynum and some picks over losing Dwight for nothing. Bynum has one more year remaining on his contract, plus another for a team option, which would give them a talented young C who they can basically try out and still attempt to contend out East without blowing up this expensive ass roster. Losing Dwight for nothing would be disastrous as they are way too capped out to do anything with the saved money from letting him walk. It would mean jack.

Gigglepoo said:
What's the deal with Delonte West? Is he healthy? Is he going to cover LeBron at all? Because I could totally see Reggie Miller slipping some jokes in there.

Oh I am sure he will slip something in, just like Delonte did *slurp*

Blackface

Banned
charsace said:

What do those mean to Howard. He has no connection with the city itself or the team. I don't understand why you think he wants to play there.

Laker fans think LA is some special place all athletes want to play. They don't, and never have. Lakers do not have a history of picking up massive, young, in their prime FA's all the time. It happens like once a decade if that.

The 2000's really have gone to Laker fans heads. I think it's all going to come crashing down to reality for them soon enough.

If I was Dwight, I would rather go play with the Clippers, or various other teams in the NBA.

Not to mention, the Lakers would have to trade some big pieces to get Dwight, and under the new CBA, maybe even more. The Lakers do NOT have a long-term future, something I assume Dwight is looking for.

Blackface said:
Laker fans think LA is some special place all athletes want to play. They don't, and never have. Lakers do not have a history of picking up massive, young, in their prime FA's all the time. It happens like once a decade if that.

The 2000's really have gone to Laker fans heads. I think it's all going to come crashing down to reality for them soon enough.

If I was Dwight, I would rather go play with the Clippers, or various other teams in the NBA.

Not to mention, the Lakers would have to trade some big pieces to get Dwight, and under the new CBA, maybe even more. The Lakers do NOT have a long-term future, something I assume Dwight is looking for.

Um because all we need is once every decade. We got Kareem in his prime and he and Magic took us until 1990 or so. We got Shaq in his prime and partnered with Kobe that lasted until 2004. We got Pau in his prime through FA and with Kobe that has lasted until now. So... yea...

Edit: Oh yea, a Raptors fan talking about Lakers not having a long-term future? HAHWAHAWABABWAH

SamuraiX-

LovingSteam said:
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8800000/Robert-Horry-s-game-winner-vs-Kings-los-angeles-lakers-8858019-666-579.jpg[IMG]

:([/QUOTE]

I'm glad you've finally acknowledged Horry's greatness over Kobe's.

dem 7 rings don't lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom