• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, New Orleans Hornets has the crappiest play by play men in the history of sport. Seriously. I was forced to listen to them on the way home from work today and OMG soooooooooooooo bad.

dream

The Los Angeles Clippers have made their intentions clear that they are looking to infuse some star power in the line-up to support their sensation named Blake Griffin. The best defensive player of the league and by far the most prolific post scorer, Dwight Howard, will present an ideal choice for them, if the Magic enter the market to trade Howard.

The Los Angeles Clippers however will have to let go Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan and Mo Williams to trade the big man Dwight.

Gordon is an instrumental young player with an incredible ability to shoot the ball on a consistent basis whereas Jordan is very effective on the rebounds. The Clippers on the other hand, will become a formidable line-up with Howard and Griffin.

I believe.

Black Mamba said:
Laker Fans!

I just realized this is it for Joel Meyers as a Laker play by play guy. Spero takes over next year and TNT/ESPN has exclusive rights to 2nd round and on.

This is it for Joel and Stu. End of an era.

Long live Spero and Stu.

I'll get the final game highlights from JD2K

giga said:
Crawford and JJ will make up the back court. Crawford couldn't defend Jameer. Think about that.

I guess but Jamal can score.

I look at it moreso they lose depth, I don't know who would spell Jamal.

Oh well, hopefully for you guys Hinrich will be fine but it didn't look good at all.

charsace

linsivvi said:
Rebuilding? The Knicks of the last 10 years and still counting is what we call rebuilding.

I know some of you are joking but if Bynum wasn't traded before, he won't be traded now with the way he's been playing.
The lakers core is made up of guys that are like 30 right now. Phil says this is his last run.

Kobe is just about done. He can't really guard anyone decent right now. His lateral quickness and lift aren't there anymore. Kobe is doing what he's doing because of his skill and the threat he poses with his jumper.

A team like the grizzlies or the rockets could get Howard because they have the pieces to make a trade for him. The lakers got shaq back in the day because West was preparing to get him for years prior to his free agency. That isn't the case with the current Lakers.

teruterubozu said:
Shitty Lakers bench is gonna get the starters injured.

what? The bench pushed the lead to 21, then Phil put the starters back in for no fucking reason.

The most hilarious thing about this series is that the Hornets probably would've won it if they had David West. lol

Or the lakers would have taken em less lightly and Pau destroys David West whenever they play. he shot 71% this year against New Orleans.

exarkun

So Magic lost...to the Hawks. I've been giving my orlando friends shit all day. What a bunch of losers.

Hornets getting spanked huh? Not surprised.

charsace

Ninja Scooter said:
My dream crackpipe scenario is Pau to Orlando for Dwight (Orlando front office are proven to me morons, have a ton of money locked into this roster, and would feel Pau can keep them from having to blow everything up) and Bynum to NOH for CP3. Pretty sure NBA-Age would explode.
It would take more than that to get those players. Where are the prospects? Picks?

Howard will probably be a rocket, Clipper or Grizzlie. Maybe even end up in ATL if the Hawks are willing to trade Horford, Smith and picks for him.

MPW

Ninja Scooter said:
My dream crackpipe scenario is Pau to Orlando for Dwight (Orlando front office are proven to me morons, have a ton of money locked into this roster, and would feel Pau can keep them from having to blow everything up) and Bynum to NOH for CP3. Pretty sure NBA-Age would explode.

that would be EPIC!

muahahaha!

SamuraiX- said:
The most hilarious thing about this series is that the Hornets probably would've won it if they had David West. lol

No the most hilarious think about this game is that after this season New Orleans will still have a team and Sacramento won't.

thekad

Banned
No GM, not even Otis, would be dumb enough to think a 31 year old Pau is good enough to lead that Magic team to a championship.

Fuck getting Dwight. Clippers need to get a point guard. CP3 or DWill in 2012. No way I want to get rid of Gordon. And with a little more developing, DeAndre could be a good defensive player.

SamuraiX-

Ninja Scooter said:
No the most hilarious think about this game is that after this season New Orleans will still have a team and Sacramento won't.

Why are you so bitter?

Is it my fault your team has no heart?

linsivvi

charsace said:
The lakers core is made up of guys that are like 30 right now. Phil says this is his last run.

Kobe is just about done. He can't really guard anyone decent right now. His lateral quickness and lift aren't there anymore. Kobe is doing what he's doing because of his skill and the threat he poses with his jumper.

A team like the grizzlies or the rockets could get Howard because they have the pieces to make a trade for him. The lakers got shaq back in the day because West was preparing to get him for years prior to his free agency. That isn't the case with the current Lakers.

I'm just saying that to the Lakers rebuilding usually means a couple years of sucking, at most. Look at their track record. All they need is to land a couple stars to replace the current ones, and there's no reason to believe they can't.

You know why? Big market aside, one thing that differentiate the Lakers from most teams is that this is the main business of the Buss family. The cannot afford to fail.

charsace

MidnightCowboy said:
Fuck getting Dwight. Clippers need to get a point guard. CP3 or DWill in 2012. No way I want to get rid of Gordon. And with a little more developing, DeAndre could be a good defensive player.
You would have to give up a guy like Gordon to get CP3.

Ferny

linsivvi said:
You know why? Big market aside, one thing that differentiate the Lakers from most teams is that this is the main business of the Buss family. The cannot afford to fail.

and the whole family is all about basketball. Buss has been around the game for a long while and is passionate about the game. Aside from Cuban and now MJ, not many other owners are the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom