• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

Black Mamba said:
DwightHowardLakers.jpg
Why would he leave orlando for a team that will probably be rebuilding? He's going to want to go to a team that's close to contending.

ATL was tanking all this time to play orlolando.

diddles said:
i swear if dwight goes to LA i'm gonna go jihad suicide bomber on the laker team bus when they least expect it. fuck your entitled yankee fan mentality.

Deal with it

charsace said:
Why would he leave orlando for a team that will probably be rebuilding? He's going to want to go to a team that's close to contending.

Rebuilding? Huh? We will be picking up either Westbrook, Deron, or CP3. Pau will still be there and ancient grandfather Kobe as well.

numble

charsace said:

It gets to be his team.

LovingSteam said:
Deal with it

Rebuilding? Huh? We will be picking up either Westbrook, Deron, or CP3. Pau will still be there and ancient grandfather Kobe as well.

Don't forget Fisher. He'll still be there, too.

edit: geez, Lamar never gets calls to go his way unless they are blatant. Shoved in the back on a shot, no call.

verbum

If Atlanta pays Joe Johnson $126,000,000 maybe they can pay Howard $150,000,000, That would be a tandem. A rich tandem but a scoring machine. Pay the rest of the team with the leftover change.

giga

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Big blow to the Hawks if Hinrich is badly injured????

I'd say so though I like the Bulls chances anyway.
Knee injury. You guys will sweep us. Congrats in advance.

LovingSteam said:
Nope. Lakers will buy out his contract after next year. Odom, Fisher, Bynum will be off the books. Not sure if Artest has a player option.

I was making a joke about Fisher never not being the starting PG. :p

Artest has one after next year but i highly doubt he use....wait it's Ron, who the fuck knows.

tmdorsey said:
Yes. Luckily he has what 3 days to rest?

They start Monday.

I ddidn't like to see that with Hinrich though, always respected his game(both offensive and defensive) but I thought about it as soon as he went down because the Hawks were close to winning this game at the time.

Black Mamba said:
I was making a joke about Fisher never not being the starting PG. :p

Artest has one after next year but i highly doubt he use....wait it's Ron, who the fuck knows.

heh, sorry, sarcasm meter is off. Nevertheless I hope he stays our PG forever just to piss of Konex

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Let's say the Bulls are a lock for the ECF, then that means Miami's path to the Finals has to go through two teams they are a combined 1-6 against during the regular season.

Don´t forget that Orlando is an awesome place to live. I´ve lived there and i can attest to it.

Orlando > Miami.

Even with the shitty contract situation, i think D12 will try to get people to play with him in Orlando, rather then bolting to a different team. They just got a new arena, De Vos is a billionaire, so i think they can work something out in order to keep Dwight and get another competent player to go with him.

That been said, trade was horrible, team went south. I wanted to believe in Arenas, but he´s completely done. Bring in CP3, Deron or someone like it.

People will disagree with me, but orlando has never had a problem atractting players because is a great place to live. It´s not like it´s a Utah or a Memphis.

charsace

LovingSteam said:
Deal with it

ROFL. The nets have a better chance of putting a package together for DHoward than the Lakers do.

numble said:
It gets to be his team.
Orlando is his team right now. Any team Howard goes to would be his.

reilo said:
Let's say the Bulls are a lock for the ECF, then that means Miami's path to the Finals has to go through two teams they are a combined 1-6 against during the regular season.

Stop man! you're turning me on!

seattle6418 said:
Don´t forget that Orlando is an awesome place to live. I´ve lived there and i can attest to it.

Orlando > Miami.

Even with the shitty contract situation, i think D12 will try to get people to play with him in Orlando, rather then bolting to a different team. They just got a new arena, De Vos is a billionaire, so i think they can work something out in order to keep Dwight and get another competent player to go with him.

That been said, trade was horrible, team went south. I wanted to believe in Arenas, but he´s completely done. Bring in CP3, Deron or someone like it.

People will disagree with me, but orlando has never had a problem atractting players because is a great place to live. It´s not like it´s a Utah or a Memphis.

shaq_482536c.jpg

linsivvi

charsace said:

Rebuilding? The Knicks of the last 10 years and still counting is what we call rebuilding.

LovingSteam said:
Nope. Lakers will buy out his contract after next year. Odom, Fisher, Bynum will be off the books. Not sure if Artest has a player option.

I know some of you are joking but if Bynum wasn't traded before, he won't be traded now with the way he's been playing.

jjasper

CJ Watson gonna die.

LAS VEGAS — A Las Vegas judge set a July 29 evidence hearing date for boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a felony domestic violence case linked to former Tennessee star and current Chicago Bull C.J. Watson.

Mayweather didn’t appear Thursday in Las Vegas Justice Court while his attorney, Karen Winckler, received a postponement in the case.

Mayweather is accused of hitting and threatening his ex-girlfriend, stealing her cell phone and threatening two of their children last September. He could face 34 years in state prison if convicted.

A number of online reports have indicated that the ex-girlfriend, Josie Harris, told police that Mayweather became enraged when she told him she had a relationship with Watson, whom she also alleges Mayweather threatened to kill and would "have you both disappear."

Watson and his family have denied any connection other than business-related ones to Harris, while Mayweather's lawyers have denied wrongdoing on his behalf.

The felony case is separate from a misdemeanor battery charge on which the 34-year-old Mayweather faces trial Sept. 1.

The undefeated prizefighter is accused of poking a 21-year-old homeowner association security guard in the face several times during an argument last November outside his home.

giga

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Very dangerous to assume the Bulls are in the East Finals, the Hawks have talent.

I still like the matchup, who will start if Hinrich can't???
Crawford and JJ will make up the back court. Crawford couldn't defend Jameer. Think about that.

Cloudy

Banned
seattle6418 said:
It´s a disgrace to see such a shitty team advancing to the second round. Even tough the Bulls have been mediocre, i think they can sweep.

Battle of the teams who wanted less ended up with horrible basketball.

ATL is probably more of a threat than this current Magic team...if Hinrich is okay

thekad

Banned
seattle6418 said:

Orlando > Miami.

Uh, no. Turk, Duhon, & Arenas are making nearly $40million in 2013.

Laker Fans!

I just realized this is it for Joel Meyers as a Laker play by play guy. Spero takes over next year and TNT/ESPN has exclusive rights to 2nd round and on.

This is it for Joel and Stu. End of an era.

Long live Spero and Stu.

iamvin22 said:
CP3 to the knicks and D12 to the Heat...is it possible NBAGAF???

My dream crackpipe scenario is Pau to Orlando for Dwight (Orlando front office are proven to me morons, have a ton of money locked into this roster, and would feel Pau can keep them from having to blow everything up) and Bynum to NOH for CP3. Pretty sure NBA-Age would explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom