• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

SephCast said:
Kobe era over. Meet the new messiah.

61427841.jpg

he ain't gonna win shit with his supporting cast

the correct answer:

kevin-durant.jpg

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Cloudy said:
He will get smacked back into reality next round
If the Bulls close out the Atlanta series playing defense like they did the past 2, I will have some confidence vs. the Heat. If we struggle to beat them, then yes, the Heat will completely stomp the Bulls.

Sorry, but I just have to say that there's something about reading your posts now after remembering all the shitting talking you did during the regular season that's just so... poetic.

All according to keikaku.

*insert comeback about Kings moving*

I always talk shit. Credit where credit is due. I don't have a problem with losing, yes, it sucks, but unlike the car flags from the bandwagoners that will litter the freeways next week, I'll still be here talking.

And joking aside, I don't want the Kings to move, mainly because there's no point to 3 teams being within 40 minutes of each other, while Seattle, Sac-town and San Diego have no teams.

But hey, knock yourself out.

What?! The Lakers bench has been terrible. And Odom (along with Pau) is the single largest reason the Lakers are down 0-3.

I amended that once someone posted the -70 for the series stat. Odom, Kobe and Bynum all shot 50%+ tonight, they were not the problem.

Pau was 5-13.

Duki

Banned
im telling you guys phil miscoached on purpose

he didnt want to be back this year

he got guilted into it

he respects jordan a shitload more than kobe

and he wanted mj to keep ahead in rings

all according to plan man

Hey guys. Went to see a movie that started during 4th. Oh my god I missed an epic 4th quarter. Fuck yes mavs! I'll comment more once I catch up on the quarter. Did Branduil post?

Cloudy

Banned
SephCast said:
If the Bulls close out the Atlanta series playing defense like they did the past 2, I will have some confidence vs. the Heat. If we struggle to beat them, then yes, the Heat will completely stomp the Bulls.

Dude, no one is stopping Wade and Bron...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Cloudy said:
Dude, no one is stopping Wade and Bron...
Yeah, it's honestly over. I really don't see any team stopping them until they just get too old. Maybe the Knicks, but they're a long way and multiple pieces out of it.

SUPREME1 said:
Riiight.

You keep saying that to yourself. Even the trolls here at times put that shit aside and admit to Kobe's greatness. Like someone said, Kobe is old and time is on the side of the doubters.

Kobe's one of my favourite players to root against and is a flimsy Jordan xerox, but even I have to recognize the guy's work ethic and dedication, he's definitely made himself great where so many other guys with comparable talent couldn't come close. I still remember the days when it was a question whether he or Vince would be the next dominant 2.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Black Mamba said:
On the plus side, this isn't as bad a '08. The extra 6 weeks off will hopefully help them for next year. :crosses fingers:
I actually think we have a good shot of contention if our core is still intact after the lockout. We get a lot of rest that we haven't gotten in the last 3 years. A lot of people still don't realize how many games this squad has played in that time. Seeing them break down like this really shouldn't surprise anyone when you think about it. They're athletes, sure, but they're not super human. These games catch up to you.

But we gotta upgrade that bench. Priority number 1 in my book.

Oh yeah and Fish is done being a starter in the coming season. Period. I said I'll never say a mean thing about the man after he saved us so many times, but if he stunk it up in the playoffs and became a liability it was time for us to get rid of him. That time has finally come.

dream

Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant are both down two games to none, and because their respective brain abnormalities take different forms, they’ve taken almost opposite approaches to this reality. Kobe, for example, does not see what all the fuss is about. Yeah, he’s arguably in a worse position because his team lost their first two games at home and one of his starters is suspended a game for face-punching, but if everybody would just stop tripping that would be great.

So Kobe’s not desperate. He’s going to play calm basketball. He says going to Dallas is “no different.” It’s “one game.” The series deficit, it seems, is not a huge concern to Kobe Bryant.

Let’s check in with Kevin Garnett, who spoke with Julian Benbow after practice today. True to form, KG drops two solid interview metaphors in about five seconds. But the subtext of his words is “TIME TO PANIC.”

The urgency is there. This is it. We’ve used all our lifelines. I hate to say it like that, but it’s true. This is not a cool, kind of, keep your composure. No, this is we’ve got to get the next game. It’s all-in. This is it, I’ve got two pocket kings and I’m all in.

KG essentially gets in an argument with Kobe here. He expresses the need for urgency, and that his team is out of options other than winning. Where Kobe keeps cool, KG explicitly plans on losing his composure. And while I’m not sure which lifelines he’s referring to, he says they’re all gone. Shaq is probably the 50-50.

Complacency vs passion, basically.

diddles

Banned
anyways lakers fans, welcome to the feeling of losing. it's been a while since you've had to feel it, but the rest of us are all quite used to it, so it's only fair you get reacquainted wit it. i honestly hope it's at least 20-30 years before the lakers win another title.

Pkaz01

diddles said:
anyways lakers fans, welcome to the feeling of losing. it's been a while since you've had to feel it, but the rest of us are all quite used to it, so it's only fair you get reaquainted wit it. i honestly hope it's at least 20-30 years before the lakers win another title.
2008 was not that long ago

Duki said:
im telling you guys phil miscoached on purpose

he didnt want to be back this year

he got guilted into it

he respects jordan a shitload more than kobe

and he wanted mj to keep ahead in rings

all according to plan man

That's a mega troll to end all trolls if Phil planned it all out that way.

All bullshitting aside, if it came out years later that he did that shit, it would be some Ocean's 11 type shit.

But we all know this series was won and lost on Pau Pau's "Chipmunk" breaking the prom prom and leaving him.

:(

Like I said before, Lakers got fleeced in that Gasol trade.

Beast Gasol would never let that happen.

MPW

diddles said:
anyways lakers fans, welcome to the feeling of losing. it's been a while since you've had to feel it, but the rest of us are all quite used to it, so it's only fair you get reacquainted wit it. i honestly hope it's at least 20-30 years before the lakers win another title.

which team do u support?

20-30 years? lol not happening

SUPREME1

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
He's a great scorer and defender. That said, championships are not really a valid way to judge players. Same goes for individual awards as the voting process changes often and right now we have to deal with idiot writers.

LOL.

So under what criteria can you identify an all time great?

According to you, championships don't count, neither do individual awards. LOLLOOLOL.

Oh shit. Stop hating.

He's done it all, done it well and done it to all time status.

He's got the hardware.
He's got the numbers.
Natural talent? Check.
Skill? Check.
Highlight reel? Check.

The trolls came out tonight in force. I was expecting the usual bunch, but we're getting the newbie trolls in here as well.

Pkaz01

It would be quite awesome if shaq comes back tomorrow and they beat the heat then go on to beat the mavs in the finals. Shaq would be trolling kobe so hard. might get a tell me how my ass taste pt 2

Sharp

Duki said:
lmao kobe bryant era

2 rings woo

ozymandias right here

a reich to last a thousand years
Duki my man, I have no idea why you're enjoying this so much but I'll roll with it.

dream said:
Complacency vs passion, basically.

Actually, this brings up an old Ralph Wiley article about Good Jordan and Bad Jordan, comparing KG and Kobe. Still a great read.

Competitiveness shows in different ways. Some people lose their shit and it works, other people stay calm and it works. Positive that you can't say one wants to win less vs the other.

SamuraiX-

overcast said:
why do people not like the Thunder? I think Durant is one of the most respectable superstars in league. Easily.

Is this a serious question?

Have you ever even watched the Thunder play?

diddles said:

And this guy tried to call ME salty.

smh

Cloudy said:
This game was lost on DEFENSE. You guys just don't get it...

What the hell? So you're also ignoring the offense? Defense was a problem but the offense was also a problem. Why not feed the post? You have a guy in Bynum beasting on them who can put them in foul trouble (which helps tremendously for our perimeter player where we have Kobe fucking Bryant), doesn't open up Dallas' transition offense (makes our defense worse) and allows for a bigger chance at an offensive put back.

Cloudy said:
Phil can GTFO. A less arrogant coach would have benched Fish a long time ago and continuing with Pau on Dirk is insane. Any other coach would get destroyed in the media for that

POP PLAYED MATT BONNER 20 MINUTES A GAME AGAINST THE GRIZZ.

Just saying

It was said best a few pages ago. This series could easily be 2-1 in the Lakers favor but that had two Dallas-esque meltdowns in the 4th in game 1 & 3. Basically a 8 minute period determined whether the series was going to be competitive or a blow-out. The Lakers had the end of game execution of a sub .500 team.

Anyway,I'm okay with Dallas as long as they bring their balls with them to the Finals when they play the Heat.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
overcast said:
why do people not like the Thunder? I think Durant is one of the most respectable superstars in league. Easily.

I love Durant. Westbrook's just too stupid to deserve a title.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, what's better.. having Derrick Rose's supporting cast, or having to deal with Westbrick? At least Rose doesn't have to worry about someone taking more shots than him.

Pkaz01 said:
It would be quite awesome if shaq comes back tomorrow and they beat the heat then go on to beat the mavs in the finals. Shaq would be trolling kobe so hard. might get a tell me how my ass taste pt 2

Yea right

Shaq is playing 10 minutes tomorrow before he calls it a career.

Pkaz01 said:

It would be a tie.

overcast

SamuraiX- said:
Is this a serious question?

Have you ever even watched the Thunder play?
Plenty of times. They shoot FT's like any other team with a Superstar. But I love watching KD play because he can score at will. I understand people disliking Westbrook. But the rest of the team is great.

J2 Cool

Duki said:
EY YO SAMURAI

http://i52.tinypic.com/16a9kec.gif[IMG]

PEJA BEAT THE LAKERS

YOU TELLIN ME YOU CANT DIG IT

YOU KNOW YOU CAN BABY[/QUOTE]

I can't believe Dirk, who looked buried after 2006 Finals; Peja, who looked irrelevant following 2002 Kings run at the Lakers; and Kidd, who looked done after his 2002/2003 Nets got trampled by the Lakers/Spurs are all taking it to Kobe and the Lakers in 2011. Bizarre. I would have never put that team together. I guess hand it to Mark Cuban?

Darkman M

Lakers fans seriously have to stop arguring with these morons about Kobe, it's a waste of time, and the people who know basketball know what's up.

dream

Look at Kobe chilling and shit. If the Celtics go down tomorrow, I guarantee KG won't be kicking back and cracking jokes.

bjb

Banned
The Lakers were absolutely humiliated tonight.

Phil Jackson has cracked, and his rage boiled over after his outburst against Pau.

Kobe again looked old, and was being outplayed almost the entire night.

After losing the lead late in the fourth - they quit and gave up.

This game will no doubt go down as one of the NBA's all-time greatest choke jobs.

Vyer

ryutaro's mama said:
As I said, we ALL jab each other and talk shit here. I haven't been bothered by (or responded to) anyone else here talking trash following tonight's game.

But I talk basketball here.

And cheer for and post about my team too.

This is true for just about everyone else that posts here too.

That guy I was posting about does neither of these things.

And if the Mavs win it, he will have nothing left to "talk" about.

oh I know. I'm just sayin', I've seen you give some knockout 'jabs' yourself so I was just a little surprised it really got under your skin. But, in all seriousness, I understand what you're saying, even if I think it might be bothering you a little less under better circumstances. I respect you doing what you gotta do, though.

Kobe says he still thinks they will win the series. Looks confident. Got to hand him that.

I thought he'd look more pissed than he is. In '08 he looked much madder after being down 3-1.

Not sure why a reporter said Kobe never been down 0-3 before. Forgot the 90s.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
overcast said:
He swings his arms through defenders for foul shots. That shit ain't respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom