• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddles

Banned
MPW said:
which team do u support?

20-30 years? lol not happening

magic, baby. since their third game back in '89. i mostly don't think my team will ever win a championship while i'm alive, even though i have a little hope dwight stays and takes over the league. kinda sad isn't it? compared to the average laker fan who has been in one of every two finals, and won 1 of every 4 trophies. and treats the league like it's their personal d-league to call up whoever they like from.

Black Mamba said:
Kobe says he still thinks they will win the series. Looks confident. Got to hand him that.

I thought he'd look more pissed than he is. In '08 he looked much madder after being down 3-1.

Not sure why a reporter said Kobe never been down 0-3 before. Forgot the 90s.

what do you expect him to say? "yeah, we're done. called stern and told him we aren't showing up for game 4."

Cloudy

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Kobe says he still thinks they will win the series. Looks confident. Got to hand him that.

I thought he'd look more pissed than he is. In '08 he looked much madder after being down 3-1.

He's won 2 rings w/o Shaq. You can't win every year. I would like to see him say fuck this teamball shit and come out blazing in gm4 though..

Black Mamba said:

dat old man humility

Derwind

Bishman said:
bi2umu.jpg

The experts keep fucking up these playoffs. SMFH.....

calling themselves experts....

smh.gif

overcast

Rodeo Clown said:
He swings his arms through defenders for foul shots. That shit ain't respectable.
But most superstars do this. Are you guys serious? Look at most sg/sf stars of the past decade. They all get plenty of FT's.

Zep

Banned
overcast said:
why do people not like the Thunder? I think Durant is one of the most respectable superstars in league. Easily.

Everyone else is talking FT's and Westbrook, but I could never stomach seeing someone like Clay Bennett raising the trophy.

Cloudy said:
He's won 2 rings w/o Shaq. You can't win every year. I would like to see him say fuck this teamball shit and come out blazing in gm4 though..

well now you basically see a kobe/lakers team without a dominant big man: 2nd round talent at best. kobe has always had a top big man on his championship teams. that is why he will never be jordan: jordan won with the likes of bill wennington, luc longley, will purdue, etc.

Black Mamba said:

well...anything is possible. I hope Kobe is taking Pau to the club *right now*. Time for new pussy.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well now you basically see a kobe/lakers team without a dominant big man: 2nd round talent at best. kobe has always had a top big man on his championship teams. that is why he will never be jordan: jordan won with the likes of bill wennington, luc longley, will purdue, etc.
Do we have to talk about him and MJ right now? really?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
overcast said:
why do people not like the Thunder? I think Durant is one of the most respectable superstars in league. Easily.
I think people are still bitter about the whole Seattle fiasco.

The Thunder are also dreadful to watch most times because of the bullshit Freethrows they get so often. They flop and flail and make moves with freethrows in mind rather than actual scoring. It gets old fast.

People don't dislike Durant himself though.

ryutaro's mama said:
Like I said before, Lakers got fleeced in that Gasol trade.

Beast Gasol would never let that happen.

Come on Mr. spoiled Laker fan, you got two rings out of that trade. That's as many as the Knicks have in their entire history. In fact there are only 6 teams that have more than two. You make that deal a thousand times out of a thousand.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
diddles said:
magic, baby. since their third game back in '89. i mostly don't think my team will ever win a championship while i'm alive, even though i have a little hope dwight stays and takes over the league. kinda sad isn't it? compared to the average laker fan who has been in one of every two finals, and won 1 of every 4 trophies. and treats the league like it's their personal d-league to call up whoever they like from.

...why did you not post here when the Magic were actually participating in the playoffs?

Is Cloudy really blaming this loss on Fisher? 9 points, 5 assists, 2 steals. he was one of the players that played well. Go re-watch the 4th. Lakers got killed by Kobe and Lamar's defense, not Fish.

Fish sucks, but he was not to blame tonight. That falls on Pau and Pau first. Then on Kobe's defense and Barnes being completely useless on both ends. Blake didn't help on defense against Terry much, either.

overcast said:
But most superstars do this. Are you guys serious? Look at most sg/sf stars of the past decade. They all get plenty of FT's.

I don't really have a problem with Durant or the Thunder, but I think Westbrook is too dumb to win them a title. The only person who should shoot 30 times for that team is Durant.

SamuraiX-

overcast said:
Plenty of times. They shoot FT's like any other team with a Superstar. But I love watching KD play because he can score at will. I understand people disliking Westbrook. But the rest of the team is great.

orly?

29 FTA a game as a team on the season.

So why did the Bulls, Spurs, and Lakers only average 24 FTA/game?
Why did teams like Boston and Dallas only average 23 FTA/game?

Denver, Miami, and OKC are three of the hardest teams to watch in the league when they're getting every call and then some.

LiveFromKyoto said:
Come on Mr. spoiled Laker fan, you got two rings out of that trade. That's as many as the Knicks have in their entire history. In fact there are only 6 teams that have more than two. You make that deal a thousand times out of a thousand.
indeed. I think sometimes Lakers fans loose perspective. And it's really annoying when it happens.

PAU BROUGHT FUCKING RINGS.

And after a mediocre series, people are ready to throw him under the fucking bus. Damn.

Black Mamba said:

Not even comparable.

It was

1) first return to the Finals without RP34.

2) the FUCKING FINALS

As much as Kobe would love to win another chip, I think he realizes his team (some more than others) aren't hungry like they were last year and the year before.

Kobe can accept losing in the semis (after chipping twice) in series where he knows the second best player is stinking up the joint vs. losing in the '08 Finals where he had so much more to prove.

Not saying he's ok with losing (cause we all know he isn't) but the 2 scenarios aren't even close to comparable.

Dreams-Visions said:
indeed. I think sometimes Lakers fans loose perspective. And it's really annoying when it happens.

PAU BROUGHT FUCKING RINGS.

And after a mediocre series, people are ready to throw him under the fucking bus. Damn.

Sorry for caring about the here and now. The past is the past. You don't fuck a girl just because she used to be hot.

Well, unless she was famous and hot.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Yeah, but MJ had Pippen to form the greatest perimeter defensive duo ever. In a league where you could play perimeter defense. make no mistake MJ > Kobe. Not even close. But I'm just saying it's hard to compare the big man issue because in today's NBA you can't really defend the perimeter like back then. And zone defenses allow bigs to make a bigger defensive impact in help situation.

Not even comparable.

It was

2) the FUCKING FINALS

As much as Kobe would love to win another chip, I think he realizes his team (some more than others) aren't hungry like they were last year and the year before.

Kobe can accept losing in the semis (after chipping twice) in series where he knows the second best player is stinking up the joint vs. losing in the '08 Finals where he had so much more to prove.

Not saying he's ok with losing (cause we all know he isn't) but the 2 scenarios aren't even close to comparable.

I know. I'm just a bit surprised he isn't madder, regardless. I mean, the last time I remember him like this was '04 after game 2 win. Even in wins he's usually less jovial.

Maybe he sees the writing on the wall. Dunno.

etiolate

Banned
Pau should go renegade on the Lakers. Getting forgotten by Kobe for most of the time of two rings, letting Kobe take the glory, and now, with Bryant dealing with old man legs, Gasol sits by and watches the team crumble without him. Sinister.

SamuraiX-

overcast said:

But KD does it when the opportunity is there and even when it isn't i.e. throwing himself into the fucking defender.

It really does become disgusting after a while.

I remember Kobe used to do it a number of times in the past, but not as much anymore. At least he always kept it respectable in that he only did it when defenders were getting all up in his shit.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Jordan could win with them because he had Pippen.

Bad trolling is bad.

overcast

SamuraiX- said:
orly?

29 FTA a game as a team on the season.

So why did the Bulls, Spurs, and Lakers only average 24 FTA/game?
Why did teams like Boston and Dallas only average 23 FTA/game?

Denver, Miami, and OKC are three of the hardest teams to watch in the league when they're getting every call and then some.
5 FTA get them all the hate? Cmon son. I was saying people always bitch when a superstar gets calls. But that's basketball for you.

Westbrook deserves the hate. I despise the way the dude plays.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
perfectchaos007 said:
The Houston Rockets have two rings as well, Knicks. And we got our two during the Michael Jordan Bulls dominance era.

I'm glad the 2 non-MJ rings went to the badass Hakeem, and not to any of those 90s douchebags like Malone, Miller, or Payton.

Also glad that David Robinson got his right after MJ.

bjb

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
The Houston Rockets have two rings as well, Knicks. And we got our two during the Michael Jordan Bulls dominance era.

When he was out of the league?

The Rockets wouldn't have won shit if Michael didn't retire.

His dominance was and will continue to remain unmatched. Unlike Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan didn't choke in big games. Or quit on his team like Kobe did tonight.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Black Mamba said:

Because he's got his rings already and shut the doubters up. He's really got nothing to prove anymore.

Some of the best players in history weren't able to lead a team and win. He's done it twice now.

I'm sure he's pissed as fuck right now, but he isn't as pissed as he would be had he not accomplished what he has in the last two years.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
After the Lakers lose this series, I've got 5-1 odds that Pau grabs a mic, stands at center court, and removes his jersey to reveal a Heat jersey underneath.

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Dude, this series is about defense on Dirk, bad 3pt/PnR defense and no bench. I don't see how a "dominant" big man would have helped with that. Lakers win this series if they had better PG play and some shooters off the bench. Watch what Miami is going to do to this Dallas team. It won't be pretty...

LiveFromKyoto said:

I was obviously joking.

I love Pau for what he did since getting here but man, for him to disappear in the post season like he has, is just amazing to see.

I've never seen anything like it.

He has been a virtual no-show for the entire post season.

ryutaro's mama said:
Not even comparable.

It was

2) the FUCKING FINALS

Pretty much. I'm still pissed, but I'm calming down. If it's not there, it's not there.

I love Pau for what he did since getting here but man, for him to disappear in the post season like he has, is just amazing to see.

Women. Crazy shit.

SamuraiX-

overcast said:
5 FTA get them all the hate? Cmon son. I was saying people always bitch when a superstar gets calls. But that's basketball for you.

Westbrook deserves the hate. I despise the way the dude plays.

The superstar calls that KD gets are completely different.

He gets into this mode where he doesn't play the game, he plays to get to the line and it's fucking unbearable to watch.

It is hilarious though when he's flopping all over the place and not getting the calls though. hah

ryutaro's mama said:
I was obviously joking.

Like I said, I am stunned at this turn of events. Never expected this. It's so perplexing.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so lakers age has there even been bad blood between us and warriors fans? just curious since for some reason all the warriors fans i kno have come out of the woodwork and started hating us and the team as if we hate each other as much as boston

and according to my friend who was a GS fan its an unwritten rule to despise the lakers and their fans

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
bjb said:
When he was out of the league?

The Rockets wouldn't have won shit if Michael didn't retire.

His dominance was and will continue to remain unmatched. Unlike Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan didn't choke in big games. Or quit on his team like Kobe did tonight.

mjXvz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom