• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@snoopdogg said:
Lakers need 2 bench gasol he havn girl problems n he playn like a biitch. Trade dat punk n get d howard to help bynum n odom soft ass sucka!
Ether.

Cloudy said:
Dude, this series is about defense on Dirk, bad 3pt/PnR defense and no bench. I don't see how a "dominant" big man would have helped with that. Lakers win this series if they had better PG play and some shooters off the bench. Watch what Miami is going to do to this Dallas team. It won't be pretty...

you don't see how pau making dirk work on the defensive end could affect dirk on offense?

and lol @ the miami comment. i was told by a lot of people that the lakers were going to crush the mavs too. i guess we'll see. i somehow doubt the celtics are going to go down easy as well

reilo

Bishman said:
bi2umu.jpg
1zvem2e.jpg

Nelo Ice said:
so lakers age has there even been bad blood between us and warriors fans? just curious since for some reason all the warriors fans i kno have come out of the woodwork and started hating us and the team as if we hate each other as much as boston

and according to my friend who was a GS fan its an unwritten rule to despise the lakers and their fans

Its just Norcal thinking they're better when we don't even give a fuck about them. The only legit rivalry is the Dodgers vs Giants.

bjb said:
When he was out of the league?

The Rockets wouldn't have won shit if Michael didn't retire.

His dominance was and will continue to remain unmatched. Unlike Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan didn't choke in big games. Or quit on his team like Kobe did tonight.

Oooh, are we going with another Kobe quit narrative? I mean, I didn't see anything like that, but I'm on board anyway.

Choo-choo!

Nelo Ice said:
so lakers age has there even been bad blood between us and warriors fans? just curious since for some reason all the warriors fans i kno have come out of the woodwork and started hating us and the team as if we hate each other as much as boston

and according to my friend who was a GS fan its an unwritten rule to despise the lakers and their fans

We haven't done shit to them and they hate us. I guess they're jealous or some shit. It's a Nor Cal thing. Have to ask them. They hate anything So Cal.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
Its just Norcal thinking they're better when we don't even give a fuck about them. The only legit rivalry is the Dodgers vs Giants.

figures they seem to think its a norcal-socal thing when im like uhh we have never been rivals in any sense of the word

man really wish i still lived in socal so i could at least be in friendly territory and have a chance to go games/watch every one on local tv

overcast

SamuraiX- said:
The superstar calls that KD gets are completely different.

He gets into this mode where he doesn't play the game, he plays to get to the line and it's fucking unbearable to watch.

It is hilarious though when he's flopping all over the place and not getting the calls though. hah
He scores at will and dominates the game in many ways though (including the free throw line lol).

Jamesfrom818 said:

Pretty much. It's actual hate, and I'm sure it's more because of the NorCal/SoCal thing.

Welp, that wraps up tonight.

Cloudy

Banned
It sucks to lose but I'm kind of happy to see Phil bounced out in disgrace. It'll make getting another ring without him that much sweeter. Also, the myth that Pau is a top 10-15 is completely shattered. People need to stop discrediting Kobe for the last 2 chips. I'd rather have Marc!

Oh and can we agree that I'm vindicated over this Fisher debacle. I told you fellas all year that he would be a big part of our demise but I was mocked. Well, I was right...

SamuraiX- said:
The superstar calls that KD gets are completely different.

He gets into this mode where he doesn't play the game, he plays to get to the line and it's fucking unbearable to watch.

It is hilarious though when he's flopping all over the place and not getting the calls though. hah

That's not Durants fault, it's the NBA's fault. The series with the Horents was like that too, CP3 would just jump into Fisher and get the calls. It's unbearable to watch, there's no rhyme or reason to the way fouls are called anymore.

dream

I'm actually kind of concerned about what Omiee's going to do when he wakes up from his weird time warp and checks the box scores.

etiolate said:
Barnes is Sacramento destroying the Lakers from inside. Keep it real Matt, keep it real.

Barnes went off the deep end after Kobe punked him by not flinching.

I still think thats one of the greatest basketball highlights I've ever seen.

Branduil

Cloudy said:
It sucks to lose but I'm kind of happy to see Phil bounced out in disgrace. It'll make getting another ring without him that much sweeter. Also, the myth that Pau is a top 10-15 is completely shattered. People need to stop discrediting Kobe for the last 2 chips. I'd rather have Marc!

Oh and can we agree that I'm vindicated over this Fisher debacle. I told you fellas all year that he would be a big part of our demise but I was mocked. Well, I was right...
Dude we won two rings.

Cloudy said:
It sucks to lose but I'm kind of happy to see Phil bounced out in disgrace. It'll make getting another ring without him that much sweeter.

You are a moron.

Also, the myth that Pau is top 10/15 is completely shattered. People need to stop discrediting Kobe for the last 2 chips.

Lakers don't repeat without him.

Again, you are a moron.

Fisher is not the reason the Lakers are down 3-0 in this series.

You are still a moron.

SamuraiX-

overcast said:
He scores at will and dominates the game in many ways though (including the free throw line lol).

It must be nice to dominate when you get to style on Denver and Memphis where you have 4 inches on all the guys guarding you. lol

I sort-of-kind-of like him. I'll respect him more when it's OKC vs Dallas in the WCF.

I love how it's actually gonna be fun to watch the WCF for once now.

Duki

Banned
ey yo lakers age i know something thatll cheer you up

i know im not bored of it yet

and shes even at a clippers game, a team youll be bandwagoning onto after the lakers get 40 wins and kobe has half a knee left

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
dallow_bg said:
Caron Butler out for good right? Not even next two rounds sometimes?
Even if they could, why would they want to bring him back at this point? He hasn't played since like December and he'd screw up the chemistry and rotations.

Branduil

LiveFromKyoto said:
According to Liefeld, balls are located somewhere near the right abdominal region, next to the twelve-packs.

Also, kicking someone is difficult when your feet are always obscured behind rock outcroppings.

SamuraiX-

weekend_warrior said:
That's not Durants fault, it's the NBA's fault. The series with the Horents was like that too, CP3 would just jump into Fisher and get the calls. It's unbearable to watch, there's no rhyme or reason to the way fouls are called anymore.

Uhhh, no. It's the league's fault that LeBron gets to the line on so many ticky-tacky fouls.

Guys like Wade and Durant? I don't remember the league telling them to throw themselves into defenders.

Also, Fisher's a bitch so I don't give a fuck.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ahahaha@ the notion of Kobe "quitting" tonight.

ahahahaahahahah!

But on a serious note. I'm not ready to abandon Gasol so quickly. Fact of the matter is, time heals all wounds. And what's happening with him is not a physical ailment and will go away eventually.

The guy has been insanely consistent since he's been here and I'm more than willing to give him a bye after this series is over. After helping us get two chips he deserves that much at the very least.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Rodeo Clown said:
Even if they could, why would they want to bring him back at this point? He hasn't played since like December and he'd screw up the chemistry and rotations.
True, I wouldn't want him to start but perhaps bench time for spurts.

Rodeo Clown said:

His size could be useful against someone like the Heat.

reilo

Damn, really wish Dy was out of bootcamp so we could troll out the fact that we predicted the Lakers could play at a high level for only two more seasons.

Forceatowulf said:
Ahahaha@ the notion of Kobe "quitting" tonight.

ahahahaahahahah!

But on a serious note. I'm not ready to abandon Gasol so quickly. Fact of the matter is, time heals all wounds. And what's happening with him is not a physical ailment and will go away eventually.

The guy has been insanely consistent since he's been here and I'm more than willing to give him a bye after this series is over. After helping us get two chips he deserves that much at the very least.

No one that is a serious Laker fan really wants Pau out of town.

He is invaluable when he's on--they made 3 straight Finals with him and won 2.

But he had no presence in this post season and it's absolutely puzzling.

giri said:
So, it took 10 years for it to happen, but dirk > kobe.

I believe its longer but can Dirk finally prevail....At least this clinches a winner from the East

Edit:

ryutaro's mama said:

I dunno..Last couple of months over here in lakerland peeps are crying for howard to come soon and regret not getting melo..

Hey its professional sports. The same team cant win every year

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
claviertekky said:
:lol at people saying Kobe era ending.

Kobe's still good. It's his team that doesn't help.

He's a clutch jump shooter. He could probably be a good piece of a championship team for years to come if he doesn't have to carry the load.

Maybe he'll have those young Kobe legs again after this shorter post season and lock out. But I doubt it. Good dunk in the NO series though. :p

Nelo Ice

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:

yeah i really wonder what took pau off his game its absolutely baffling that hes regressed this much

reilo said:
Damn, really wish Dy was out of bootcamp so we could troll out the fact that we predicted the Lakers could play at a high level for only two more seasons.

Can't win a chip without Dy-effrey, reilo-ippen?

smh

Duki

Banned
hahahaha snoops still pretending hes a lakers fan i see

we all know hes going to be sitting courtside at miami in the finals

overcast

SamuraiX- said:
It must be nice to dominate when you get to style on Denver and Memphis where you have 4 inches on all the guys guarding you. lol

I sort-of-kind-of like him. I'll respect him more when it's OKC vs Dallas in the WCF.

I love how it's actually gonna be fun to watch the WCF for once now.
He has averaged almost 26 points a game over his 3 year career, 27.7 this year. He's only 22 years old. How is he not a dominant player man?

Mavs vs. Heat has so many story lines. Dallas out for revenge. Dirk and Wade battling for essentially two rings. LeBron fighting Tyson Chandler for best second option in the series. Tyson Chandler going hard after what will become the worst contract in NBA history shortly after he signs it. Bibby and Peja fighting to see which Webber-era King gets the ring. Chris Bosh vs. Chris Bosh. Jason Kidd and Mike Bibby in a battle for slowest point guard in the NBA. Z vs. Stevenson for worst starter in the NBA. Both doing it without a starter (Butler, Haslem). Hopefully the Heat's style wouldn't ruin the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom