• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derwind said:
Reporter: "Coach, do you think Ron feels like he could of made a difference this game?"

Phil: "I'm sure he thinks he does, whether thats true, who know's he wasn't playing today."

Was that sarcasm by Phil?

The thing is, Ron does make a difference. He actually played great defense on spot up shooters and shut down Peja in game 2. Peja was shook up after Ron blocked 2 of his three pointers. Barnes is worthless and Odom makes LA too slow defensively when he plays the 3.

smurfx

get some go again
you know i said it at the beginning of the playoffs and i'm sticking to it. if the lakers don't win then i want the mavericks to win. i think the city finally deserves one. although with that said if they face the heat then its going to be hell winning.

SUPREME1

Banned
Ickman3400 said:
nevermind that kobe isn't anywhere near any of Jordan's numbers other than games played :lol

Kobe is the only SG that has a number of achievements that Jordan doesn't.

Your not going to get passed Jordan in most categories, but Kobe has some.

Single game high is probably the most impressive
Most threes in a game
Most All-Star MVPs
More Finals appearances
Kobe had a stretch coring various 50 point games and had stats which only Wilt had reached
More games
More wins
There actually quite a few more.

I guess what I'm saying is that Kobe still deserves credit for what he's achieved too. What other elite SG has even a single record or achievement over Jordan?

ryutaro's mama said:
Dude, I don't give a fuck what you say anymore.

Like I said before, the haters have time on their side and they will eventually be right.

Honestly, the Lakers and Kobe occupy more of your life than mine.

I can't even remember the last time you talked about your team here.

The best part about all this is after this is all over, you will be so marginalized to such a larger degree than you already are.

I'm done feeding you and your pathetic excuse of an presence on this thread.

We all cap on each other here and it's all love for the most part but at the end of the day, we all love the game ant talk basketball here. I don't mind being snipped or jabbed over this for the most part.

Dallas-Age gets all my congrats if they win this. I haven't talked shit to them, even prior to this series.

Your posts are 100% failed trolling attempts and ADD NOTHING to this thread.

If you stopped posting tomorrow, no one would miss you.

And with that, I'm done responding to anything you post here going forward.
clap.gif

Cloudy

Banned
J2 Cool said:
The point is, how many guys in the league can guard him? Also, Gasol/Odom aren't jokes... well, Odom's not.

They are jokes this series cos they should be able to score on Dirk with ease. After game 1, everyone said Kobe shot too much, well that was their best chance to get a game this series. We cannot build any reasonable cushion without him looking to score aggresively and with our bad D, close games = losses. Look how Rose came out on the road tonight, that's what Kobe needs to be doing but the fucking bigs need to be forcefed!

Derwind

Basileus777 said:
The thing is, Ron does make a difference. He actually played great defense on spot up shooters and shut down Peja in game 2. Peja was shook up after Ron blocked 2 of his three pointers. Barnes is worthless and Odom makes LA too slow defensively when he plays the 3.

I know, Ron would made it a lot harder for a lot of Dallas players to get off shots this game and would have helped the Lakers rotation.

He definitely would have been an impact. He's the X-Factor on the Lakers IMO.

Duki said:
ey yo peja beat the lakers

PEJA

beat

the

LAKERS
He's been waiting to do this since what? '03?

I knew the Lakeshow wasn't quite right, but you just expect them to have gotten it together. Nope, this serie is over.

diddles

Banned
HAHA at ryutaru's mama being serious and mad. you can't take a little jabbing can you? thanks though, makes it all the more enjoyable for us.

dream said:
You're taking a tone with me! Why are you taking a tone with me?

I still <3 you, but I also want you to feel my pain.

HAHA at ryutaru's mama being serious and mad. you can't take a little jabbing can you? thanks though, makes it all the more enjoyable for us.

thekad is just annoying, man. I mean, there's funny and stuff, but he's just trying to get under people's skin for the sake of it and it's not funny at all. He's that kid that gets to hang out with the "group" because everyone's mom like his mom and forces it. But no one wants him around.

Derwind said:
Reporter: "Coach, do you think Ron feels like he could have made a difference this game?"

Phil: "I'm sure he thinks he does, whether thats true, who know's he wasn't playing today."

Was that sarcasm by Phil?
Trust issues.

SUPREME1 said:
I guess what I'm saying is that Kobe still deserves credit for what he's achieved too. What other elite SG has even a single record or achievement over Jordan?

No doubt and I give him the credit he deserves. I just don't ever want to hear from anyone that he's anywhere close to Jordan. Even if he wins 7 he'll have done it in more games/finals appearances and not as good playoff numbers.

Top 10-15 player ever though in my eyes.

smurfx

get some go again
i have no problem with whichever team in the western conference makes it to the finals. they are all pretty good teams with players i like. well except for perkins.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
smurfx said:
i have no problem with whichever team in the western conference makes it to the finals. they are all pretty good teams with players i like. well except for perkins.
You dislike Perkins? Why?

Esiquio

Booshka said:
Lakers in 7

I love the faith.

The Mavericks have played really well. I might be more upset if we didn't already win two championships, back-to-back. The Mavs have two players I respect, who aren't douche bags (Dirk & Kidd), and they got absolutely ROBBED on '06. Watched them win wouldn't sting as bad as, say, the Heat.

SUPREME1

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Reggie made more 3s! And was at least on par with Jordan's trash talking.

My point exactly. Kobe has several achievements and records to himself. You've had a great career if you have one or two.

diddles said:

Read the post.

I covered that:

ryutaro's mama said:
We all cap on each other here and it's all love for the most part but at the end of the day, we all love the game ant talk basketball here. I don't mind being snipped or jabbed over this for the most part.

Dallas-Age gets all my congrats if they win this. I haven't talked shit to them, even prior to this series.

I don't mind being snipped or jabbed over this for the most part.

In your rush to try and talk shit, maybe you should have read the entire post.

And if you are a re-skin of diddlyD, the Magic fan, the Lakers still smashed your team in a lazy sweep, so you have no room to talk shit.

was pau's ex-gf incredibly hot or something? kobe's wife is a dime a dozen if you live in los angeles so i hope she is worth being heart broken over pau pau!

Duki

Banned
16a9kec.gif

cant be posted enough

Branduil said:
Well, if the Lakers can come back, then they would have a truly historic threepeat.

Someone get Gasol Artest's therapist.

Brandi, for your sake switch back. The series is over. But if you keep this up, the Karmic Sports Gods will smithe you. They will make 2006 look like child's play.

trust me. This series is done, but if you want to truly see Dallas move on, it's time to end the schtick!

SUPREME1

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
Kebo is a great player, but he's no where close to being a GOAT. A lot of that can be attributed to the team around him and the fact that he's always been trigger happy

Riiight.

You keep saying that to yourself. Even the trolls here at times put that shit aside and admit to Kobe's greatness. Like someone said, Kobe is old and time is on the side of the doubters.

thekad

Banned
Black Mamba said:
thekad is just annoying, man. I mean, there's funny and stuff, but he's just trying to get under people's skin for the sake of it and it's not funny at all. He's that kid that gets to hang out with the "group" because everyone's mom like his mom and forces it. But no one wants him around.

umade.png

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Grimm Fandango said:
Bench scoring for the series has been Mavericks 112, Lakers 42.
We need to blow this bench up big time.

I don't mind keeping Blake, at least he has an excuse, and is still playing well despite it. But Barnes and Brown have got to go... like yesterday.

J2 Cool

SephCast said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe retire after this year. Not at all surprised.

I thought about that last round, against the Hornets, but then he unleashed the dunks. I didn't think they would lose, but there's some fire missing a little bit. He's not dumb either, he knows the success he had with Phil. Not sure he would want to be second to anyone on a Lakers team. I think he enjoys chasing the records, but if he doesn't win a title this year, he's going to wonder where he's headed.

Then again, I don't think he likes Dirk, someone his age beating him. Or handing the league over to Lebron/Wade without meeting them in a Finals. He might just want to get a new sidekick. Gasol has hit a wall in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom