• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
Lakers in 6
Bulls in 6
Thunder in 5 vs the Grizz 6 vs the Spurs
Heat in 4

lebron-dancing-2-o.gif

thekad said:
prereq: Shaq plays. Hinrich plays. Butler sits. Spurs win in 7.

Heat in 7. Best series.
Mavs in 7.
Bulls in 6.
Spurs in 6.

Mavs are winning Game 7 at Staples?

So the Mavs are doing something NO ROAD TEAM in the last 11 years has done?

Awesome.

Booshka

Bulls in 6
Celtics in 7
Lakers in 6
Thunder in 6 over Grizzlies; Lose in 7 to Spurs if they do the improbable comeback against Memphis.

thekad said:
Agreed. It will be awesome.

4-34 lifetime at Staples. Surely it's a fluke!

Thread needs a new title for round 2.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Where 8 seeds Tank To Upset 1 Seeds

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Jeff Green vs James Jones

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| The Assassination of Kevin Durant by the Ballhog Russell Shotcrook

(or any variation of Russel Westbrook)

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Chicago Bulls Await ECF Opponent

etc.

The Stealth Fox said:
Lakers are so done.

JET Terry is gonna clown on Kobe so hard that he'll be wheeling his way to old folks home.

LOL okay I haven't been following the thread enough to know if you joking but either way you made me laugh.

Dwight Howard averaged 27 points and 15.5 rebounds per game, while making 63 percent of his field-goal attempts. Over the past 30 years, only one other NBA player had a playoff series in which he averaged 27 points and 15 rebounds, while making at least 60 percent of his field-goal attempts. That was Shaquille O'Neal (38.0 points, 16.7 rebounds, 61.1 percent) for the Los Angeles Lakers against the Indiana Pacers in the 2000 NBA Finals, en route to his first NBA title. In earlier playoffs, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar reached those levels in four series, and Wilt Chamberlain and Bob Lanier each did it once.

LA D12 confirmed.

I really like the Nuggets going forward. They have a ton of young talent, Lawson, Gallinari, and Afflalo in particular. I can see the Nuggets/Thunder as the foreseeable contenders in the West as the older generation dies down. Also, I want to add the Clippers, but Sterling's gonna Sterling.

sf2fanatic said:
Yes more of this in Second Round

terryface.gif

Never gets old

I expect to see this used a lot as this moron shoots 40% en route to an early vacation.

LA in 5
BOS in 6
CHI in 4

...and assuming MEM-OKC, that's another toss-up. ZBo and 2nd best Gasol vs Ibaka and Perkins will be interesting.

Guys, Game 7 of DAL v LAL is a SUNDAY game. Lakers-age is on notice.

Definitely not worried about losing a Game 7 to a soft, mentally fragile team who's won 4 games at Staples in the last bajillion years.

THRILLH0

Banned
I don't think the Bulls are sweeping. Looks like they're playing themselves into form but hopefully they're still just in the upswing so they can peak in the ECF/Finals.

Resilient

Boombloxer said:
Definitely not worried about losing a Game 7 to a soft, mentally fragile team who's won 4 games at Staples in the last bajillion years.

You have to give the Mavs some credit so far especially after todays game. The entire matched turned around the moment Johnson smacked Dirk to the ground. They held the lead from there. They leave a lot to be desired but they have not been soft this past series.

Staples could be a wholeeeeee different story though.

bluebird said:
You have to give the Mavs some credit so far especially after todays game. The entire matched turned around the moment Johnson smacked Dirk to the ground. They held the lead from there. They leave a lot to be desired but they have not been soft this past series.

Staples could be a wholeeeeee different story though.

Credit for a game? Sure. But I don't buy that they can do it for a series.

Doing it for a stretch against a team that you know your best punch can beat is a lot easier than doing it against a team whose best punch beats everyone in the league, including yours.

They get no credit until they earn it. Blowing a 20 point lead the way they did just says to me that they're still suspect.

It will really depend on the first few games, if Bynum treats Chandler like his bitch again, it'll be a short series. Dirk is a beast, of course, but the rest of his squad is suspect.

linsivvi

The most entertainment aspect of this series will be the media battle between Phil and Cuban.

Will they kiss and make up after the series so Phil can be on Cuban's TV channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom