• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

DominoKid said:
i dont get it
4606593266_be402a9db6.jpg

giri

Pkaz01 said:
I feel bad for dwight.. such a shitty team around him. they need some better slashers, dwight needs to go with an elite perimeter player. Dwight and Rose would be ridiculous.
Ummm, no, and i love both players.Dwight & deron, dwight & cp3.

Dwight needs to grow some balls and quit trying to be a media darling. I know because of hi upbringing he's not going to be a bad as but take over the team. That and the front office needs to quit moving players around so they can gel.

verbum

The Hawks said he(Hinrich) had a strained hamstring and would have an MRI on Friday to determine to extent of the injury.

So he is out for Monday, maybe all week.
I hope they sit Josh Smith since he is refusing to play inside and was 3-14 from the floor.
Let Rose shoot for 30 points with Teague covering him and shut down Deng and Boozer.
Hawks can win the series if they can match the Bulls in rebounds.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
StickSoldier said:
Aw hell yeah, Rick Kamla on NBATV; the only reason to watch that channel.

Hell no, hes awful. He tries extremely hard to sound "hip" and "street" and just falls flat, every time.

diehard

Fleer
Lakers in who cares they will win.
Bulls in who cares they will win and it's a terrible series.

OKC in 6
C's in 6 where commentators marvel at the spectacle of Rondo outplaying Mike Bibby and Mario Chalmers.

The Stealth Fox

Boombloxer said:
Credit for a game? Sure. But I don't buy that they can do it for a series.

Doing it for a stretch against a team that you know your best punch can beat is a lot easier than doing it against a team whose best punch beats everyone in the league, including yours.

They get no credit until they earn it. Blowing a 20 point lead the way they did just says to me that they're still suspect.

It will really depend on the first few games, if Bynum treats Chandler like his bitch again, it'll be a short series. Dirk is a beast, of course, but the rest of his squad is suspect.

I'd say dragging out a series with the Hornets is even more suspect.

Oh wait, let me guess, they just weren't trying.

REAL DPOY Kirk Hinrich is hurt? Hawks are screwed.

verbum

Hawks win the series 4-3.
Hawks win the first game everyone is shocked.
Bulls win the second game by 25 points, everyone says "I told ya".
Hawks win the third game in Atlanta by 3 points, everyone says "They were lucky".
Bulls win the fourth game in Atlanta, everyone says "What did I say?".
Bulls win the fifth game in Chicago, everyone says "Only a fool picked the Hawks".
Hawks win the sixth game in Atlanta, everyone says "They will never beat the Bulls in Chicago".
Hawks win the seventh game, shutting down Booz and Deng. Josh Smith remembers the inside lane, and Rose has 5 shots rejected.
Meanwhile the Celtics show up the Heat in 6 games.

The Stealth Fox

verbum said:
Hawks win the series 4-3.
Hawks win the first game everyone is shocked.
Bulls win the second game by 25 points, everyone says "I told ya".
Hawks win the third game in Atlanta by 3 points, everyone says "They were lucky".
Bulls win the fourth game in Atlanta, everyone says "What did I say?".
Bulls win the fifth game in Chicago, everyone says "Only a fool picked the Hawks".
Hawks win the sixth game in Atlanta, everyone says "They will never beat the Bulls in Chicago".
Hawks win the seventh game, shutting down Booz and Deng. Josh Smith remembers the inside lane, and Rose has 5 shots rejected.
Meanwhile the Celtics show up the Heat in 6 games.

Bulls in 6. Derrick Rose is a nice person.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
In a late move to land the Kings, Orange County billionaire Henry Samueli has offered to increase his personal loan to the team from $50 million to as much as $75 million, and has offered to buy a minority stake in the organization.

Samueli, owner of the Anaheim Ducks hockey team, also has agreed to make far more costly improvements to Anaheim's Honda Center, which he manages, to bring that facility up to NBA standards.

Originally, Honda Center officials had planned to spend $25 million on upgrades. That figure has jumped in the last few days to $70 million, center officials said Thursday afternoon.
Anaheim Royals future.

diehard

Fleer
The Stealth Fox said:
I used to hate on Dirk a lot, but I kind of feel bad for him now. I want him to have one more solid run.
I hate Cuban so bad though, i want them to beat the Lakers but OKC or Memphis for the finals all the way.

SamuraiX-

Jason Terry vs. Portland:
17.3 PPG
3.8 AST
1.0 STL
49% FG
36% 3PT

Those numbers are going way down against the Lakers.

I doubt Bizarro Terry hangs around for more than one round.

My Grizz gonna finish what they started in Game 5 before the refs gifted the game to the San Antonio Wheelchairs. Tim Donecan needs to retire.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I wonder if Redick has committed suicide yet? I think this was his best regular season production wise until the ab injury. Maybe he wasn't 100% but man, whatver good he did this year, even the game before, all down the drain in that one miss.

Battier better not fuck it up, let someone else be the goat if Memphis is going to lose.

truly101 said:
I wonder if Redick has committed suicide yet? I think this was his best regular season production wise until the ab injury. Maybe he wasn't 100% but man, whatver good he did this year, even the game before, all down the drain in that one miss.

Battier better not fuck it up, let someone else be the goat if Memphis is going to lose.

And this isn't even taking into consideration Boozer's terrible playoffs.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
And this isn't even taking into consideration Boozer's terrible playoffs.

From the the few gmaes I've seen from the series, Boozer seems to get in foul trouble pretty fast and that seems to limit his effectiveness to a degree. He's not very assertive in the post either. The difference is a 10-12pt performance is bad for Boozer would be a good game for Redick. I think he had a dunk last night. I forgot he could even touch the rim.

You guys can say what you want about JJ but he's really busted his ass to try to become a competent NBA player and I can respect that. I think he coasted somewhat in his college career due to his scoring ability, but he figured out that shit wouldn't work in the NBA. I feel bad for him, but if you take the last shot, then you deserve the jeers and boos if you miss just like you deserve the cheers if you make it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LovingSteam said:
Rate yourself 1-10 re: how much of a sports fantatic you are. 1 being you couldn't care less and 10 being you live and die with each win or loss.
Two years ago? I'd probably be close to a 9... Today? 8. Maybe 7. These past couple of seasons took a lot out of me, and I had to learn to let the losses go very quickly.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dIEHARD said:
so you're saying Jazz fans were right all along?

I tried to deny it before the season started, thinking Boozer couldn't be that bad. He's a ticking time bomb. I guarantee you he'll cost us a crucial game coming up.

LovingSteam said:
Rate yourself 1-10 re: how much of a sports fantatic you are. 1 being you couldn't care less and 10 being you live and die with each win or loss.

9. I watch almost every game, constantly view coverage and commentary on games, and I talk about it with my friends a lot. It isn't life or death with each loss, but it legitimately affects my mood. One thing, though, as a basketball geek, you learn to enjoy the game even when your team is not doing well. Even if the Bulls don't win a title this year, I won't be discouraged. I got to watch amazing basketball and enjoy the season.

reilo said:
Two years ago? I'd probably be close to a 9... Today? 8. Maybe 7. These past couple of seasons took a lot out of me, and I had to learn to let the losses go very quickly.

Yep, I feel you. I can't recall any team in sports that has endured the amount of debilitating injuries as the Blazers have the last 3 years.

verbum

Forget about them all you want.
Disrespect them all you want.

Ignore them even, it doesn't matter.

The Hawks welcome the non-believers. In fact, they relish playing that role for anyone willing to discount them the way they've been overlooked this season.

Few people gave them a chance to knock off the Orlando Magic in their first-round series, yet here they stand, headed to the Eastern Conference semifinals for the third straight season.

The Chicago Bulls, top seed in the Eastern Conference and the entire league, will serve as the Hawks' dance partners this time around.

But before the Hawks go there they had to take a moment to reflect on the blatant disrespect they insist they were shown by the Magic. Jameer Nelson joked with Derrick Rose during a late season game that he'd see him in the second round of the playoffs, assuming that bouncing the Hawks from the postseason for a second straight year would be a formality.

Ultimately, it was not. In fact, it was nothing of the sort. The Hawks took the upper hand from the start, winning Game 1 in Orlando, and then finished them off at home in Game 6 Thursday night.

It was a wild night, one where the Hawks found the resolve to beat back the team that humiliated them a year earlier in the conference semifinals.

"It was very emotional. This is a very hard-fought series," Hawks coach Larry Drew said. "Coming into this series, not many people gave us a chance. A lot of people thought what we accomplished against this team in the regular season that it was a fluke. But our guys came in to the series thinking they could win the series."

The only question that remains is, can they win the next one?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/hawks/notes.htm

Usually I take the Hawks with a grain of salt but for some reason I am believing the impossible can happen this year. Maybe someone put something in my coffee. Maybe I had a stroke. But for some reason I am looking forward to this series with the Bulls. Trying to convert the heathens right now to take a second look at the Hawks. Most of the time it is, "But it is the Hawks...". And after we beat the Bulls, we have the Celtics. We play good against the Celtics.

JoeFu

Banned
LovingSteam said:

Was a 10 till the 06 finals, now I'm more 5 or 6. That series was such crap, took a lot out of me and made me cool down a lot.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
verbum said:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/hawks/notes.htm

Usually I take the Hawks with a grain of salt but for some reason I am believing the impossible can happen this year. Maybe someone put something in my coffee. Maybe I had a stroke. But for some reason I am looking forward to this series with the Bulls. Trying to convert the heathens right now to take a second look at the Hawks. Most of the time it is, "But it is the Hawks...". And after we beat the Bulls, we have the Celtics. We play good against the Celtics.

After playing the Pacers, no Bulls player will overlook the Hawks.

Mothman91

LovingSteam said:
I was more of a 3-4 a few years ago. Now, its more of a 6-7. Basketball grew gradually on me.

TylerD

LovingSteam said:
I would have to put myself at a 8. I am very "life goes on" after a loss but I have a feeling that the end of the Thunder season since I have watched all but one game this year either in person or on TV will be very tough for me. I am more emotionally invested in this team than any other right now. Even more so than my alma mater.

LovingSteam said:

Right now about a 7. Last year i was about a 9.5.

If I went to the NFL thread, I would probably be a 5.

sooperkool said:
Dwight needs to grow some balls and quit trying to be a media darling. I know because of hi upbringing he's not going to be a bad as but take over the team. That and the front office needs to quit moving players around so they can gel.

omg

michael

is that you

SephCast said:

That video gave me chills

LovingSteam said:

I think I used to be a 9 or so in my youthier life. I'm guessing that 10 is just flat out crazy. But now I think I'm a 7 or so, if we lose meaningful games (and ultimately get eliminated) I'll be sad as shit, especially with high expectations, but I have so much shit going on right now that I barely have time to pay attention. I may have to miss half the fucking Celtics-Heat series, and I can't watch game 1 without a doubt =/

sort of at that stage where I don't really care what other people do (sports) but it's more of an escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom