• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamuraiX- said:
Wow. Really?

Fuck off.

Yes he's a bitchass but he actually came back from a ridiculous, legit injury that wasn't milked like your boys LeBitch and D-Waaahh-ade get off on.

Anybody hating on him for this is a sad, sad person.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa relax its not like he shattered his arm into a million pieces. That injury wasn't serious enough for him to not get back on the court. I have no sympathy for him or Lebron or Wade just because of playing with an "injury"

SamuraiX-

CherryWoodFuton said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa relax its not like he shattered his arm into a million pieces. That injury wasn't serious enough for him to not get back on the court. I have no sympathy for him or Lebron or Wade just because of playing with an "injury"

SMFH

I see undersexed-GAF strikes again... smh

In NBA-GAF, this is all the fap material I need:

110228064224789122.gif
110228064144409844.gif
110228064218528528.gif
unclutchjames.gif
110228064222688129.gif
110304062927733416.gif

kxmjh

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
quadriplegicjon said:
... looks to me like Rondo was elbowing Wade in the head, and Wade knocked him down after he slipped.

:/

Some of you guys have to take off those blind hate tinted glasses.

You need to take off your idiot glasses. Elbowing Wade in the head?!

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
SephCast said:
You need to take off your idiot glasses. Elbowing Wade in the head?!

yeah sorry, not in the head, but he definitely elbowed him.. you can see him quickly bring that elbow down around 1:18.

actually, at around 1:15 you see him push Wade with an elbow to the neck, he then later elbows him hard in the shoulder at 1:18

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
quadriplegicjon said:
yeah sorry, not in the head, but he definitely elbowed him.. you can see him quickly bring that elbow down around 1:18

I don't know. I don't see anything conclusive. Could be a product of Wade starting to bring him down. I'm not on either man's side in this case. I just respect Rondo more in general.

Derwind

quadriplegicjon said:
... looks to me like Rondo was elbowing Wade, and Wade knocked him down after he slipped.

:/

Some of you guys have to take off those blind hate tinted glasses.

Oh you're right, Wade was minding his own business, when Rondo knocks the ball out of Wades hand and then it just so happened he was backing into Rondo and Rondo viciously beat him across the head and with a sudden turn of event's, Wade fell backwards with his whole weight on the PG and Rondo just happens to fall on his arm as he was trying to break his fall....

Sound about right?

SMFH....

exarkun

Has king gondo been ok so far? That was a brutal loss.

Though, it was a great game to watch. Grizzlies defense would give anyone problems.

zychi

Banned
So rondo dislocates his elbow and plays with it, lebron has a stiff elbow and he quits on his team. The media would make this the greatest game ever if lebron actually did what rondo did. Hopefully rondo is all good because I want the cs totally healthy when they play my bulls.

snack

zychi said:
So rondo dislocates his elbow and plays with it, lebron has a stiff elbow and he quits on his team. The media would make this the greatest game ever if lebron actually did what rondo did. Hopefully rondo is all good because I want the cs totally healthy when they play my bulls.
Yeah. Go Bulls!

Blackface

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
You are trolling, though. Saying Rondo is "badass" has nothing to do with the quality of play. It's an assessment of his toughness. You took a cheap shot that wasn't in relation to the comment you were referring to.

Rondo has played like shit all series. All he has really done is pass, and most PG's in the NBA could do that. He hasn't even been that great of a defender against the heat. Chalmers dropped 17 points last night.

Then the fact someone above you said they would trade Pau Gasol for a one-armed Rondo.

Laker fans are worse then Miami fans.

Blackface

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
3Jd4D.png

UhkjT.png

ktFMn.png

don't know how to make gifs

After playing neck and neck with KG the first two games, (actually a bit better), Bosh was a fucking embarrassment tonight.

Bosh has turned into a gigantic "word I can't use on Neogaf", since leaving Toronto. It's pathetic.

Duki said:
lol never found anyone or you did and life intervened

you seem like a well put together dude, so im surprised is all

Yeah, there have been "someones" but I'm on my grind trying to move forward in my career.

I have been very methodical regarding that and it's no mistake I don't have kids at this point in my life, if ever.

Thanks for the compliment.

In other news, Thor was very good--my date chose it and it was a very solid comic book movie.

Hopefully comic book movies continue this trend of having great story and casting.

parasight

Blackface said:
After playing neck and neck with KG the first two games, (actually a bit better), Bosh was a fucking embarrassment tonight.

Bosh has turned into a gigantic "word I can't use on Neogaf", since leaving Toronto. It's pathetic.

I disagree. He was this soft even in Toronto, ESPECIALLY against KG. His shitty performance in Boston doesn't surprise me one bit.

Blackface

Banned
parasight said:
I disagree. He was this soft even in Toronto, ESPECIALLY against KG. His shitty performance in Boston doesn't surprise me one bit.

Bosh was soft in Toronto, but not as soft as he is now. He was borderline soft. He would drive to the basket all the time, dunk on people, and even play center when he had to.

During Bosh's last two season with Toronto was among league leaders in FTA's, rebounds, double doubles, 20-10 games etc.. He was one of only three players to average 20-10 in any category (Z-bo would have been did not play enough games)

The notion Bosh has not played Boston well is incorrect. in 2009-2010 with the Raptors, Bosh averaged 25.3 PPG, 11.3 RPG had a 66 FG% and averaged slightly over 1 SPG against Boston

The notion that Bosh has always struggled against Boston is wrong. It is a fact he has not.

That said, every year Bosh has been in the league he has gotten a bit more soft. Since going to Miami he has turned into a complete bitch. He even lost some of the muscle he put on with Toronto (he stated a reason, I can't remember what it was). It's embarrassing to watch him play now sometimes.

It is a shame this is what a majority of fans see of him. This is simply not how he played for the Raptors.

I think Bosh just isn't strong enough mentally to hold his own alongside two alpha dogs. He basically allowed himself to become a glorified role-player. He was never just a pure midrange jump shooter but that's what he became on the Heat, especially in the first half the season.

He may have partly brought this on himself because I think he did say early on he looked forward to doing less work being teamed up with Wade and Lebron.

Also let's be honest, how many plays do they call for Bosh these days? 1/6 is a poor shooting night but it also means he didn't get very many opportunities. He wouldn't be 1/6 on the Raptors. Today the Heat in the second half ran a bunch of ISOs or when they gave it to Bosh, it was from 15 feet out, not in scoring position.

Bosh ate KG's shit on defense, which might explain why he was passive on offense. But the Heat in general don't know how to run an offense with post-players.

Sharp

GaimeGuy said:
YES! A GUY FOR THE OTHER TEAM GOT INJURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
True, weekend_warrior is one of our most dedicated Heat fans. Perceptive of you to pick that up.

Blackface

Banned
The Chosen One said:
I think Bosh just isn't strong enough mentally to hold his own alongside two alpha dogs. He basically allowed himself to become a glorified role-player. He was never just a pure midrange jump shooter but that's what he became on the Heat, especially in the first half the season.

He may have partly brought this on himself because I think he did say early on he looked forward to doing less work being teamed up with Wade and Lebron.

Also let's be honest, how many plays do they call for Bosh these days? 1/6 is a poor shooting night but it also means he didn't get very many opportunities. He wouldn't be 1/6 on the Raptors. Today the Heat in the second half ran a bunch of ISOs or when they gave it to Bosh, it was from 15 feet out, not in scoring position.

Bosh ate KG's shit on defense, which might explain why he was passive on offense. But the Heat in general don't know how to run an offense with post-players.

The Heat are not running plays Bosh is used to, thats for sure. But it's not just that. He has mentally checked out. He is not the same player he wsd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ndot4cspTU

Here is a video of him in 2009-2010. He did things in that video he has literally not done once all season. If THAT player showed up to Miami, they would be monsters. He hasn't. It is pathetic.

Puddles

Banned
Did I say earlier that Kobe is now 2004 Shaq?

I was wrong. He's 2006 Shaq. He can put up somethıng that almost resembles his old numbers about half the time, or maybe slightly less. About 25% of the time he'll be just okay, and the other 25% of the time he'll be mostly ineffective. He can't win a title as the best player on a team at this point, and unfortunately, there's no Wade equivalent on the Lakers this year.

I wish I was wrong, but 17 points in an absolute must-win is pretty damning. His days as the Mamba are over.

This realization was probably the saddest one I've had aside from the time I realized there's probably no afterlife.

Puddles said:
I wish I was wrong, but 17 points in an absolute must-win is pretty damning. His days as the Mamba are over.

This realization was probably the saddest one I've had aside from the time I realized there's probably no afterlife.

It wasn't like Kobe got the 17 points off of 7 for 25 shooting or something. He was very efficient and it seemed like he made a purpose to allow everyone else to have oxygen so they could get going. Pretty much worked too except that Pau was the only Laker who didn't bring his nutsack and team-wide they had poor execution in the final minutes. I wouldn't call the last game an indictment on Kobe getting old. It was an indictment on Pau for constantly disappearing in important playoff games and an indictment on Laker culture for not having the proper championship focus.

The upside to the Lakers getting eliminated in the second round is that Kobe can finally take most of May and June off. Since '08, no other marquee player has played so many games practically year-round. The extra rest will do him good.

Kobe, IMO, still has about two more years playing at a very high level. It's just his minutes will need to be reduced and he'll need to be paired up with a strong all-star teammate. I'd say Kobe is still 2004 Shaq. Kobe played great last game and still went into Mamba mode for a brief while early in the 4th. It's just KoMe appeared and he took some ill-advised shots, but he's been doing that for years.

Heck, in the first round this playoffs he was dunking on fools, which he hasn't done in a while. So he still has quite a bit in the tank. Remember even '06/'07 Kobe couldn't get out of the first round, so when Pau is doing his best Kwame impression the Lakers aren't going to go deep in the playoffs. Kobe has always needed a strong #2. Pau isn't that right now. Why do you think Phil was trying to break his chest cavity?

The Kobe/Pau era might be over, but Kobe isn't done yet. If he got paired up with Dwight, he'd be right back up there contending even two years from now. Kobe's numbers are still just too strong to say he's going to fall off a cliff next year. Once he starts averaging under 20 ppg and 25 mpg, then you can start to worry.

Duki

Banned
teruterubozu said:
I will watch the Lakers funeral today with a heavy heart, but excited for Magic's suggestion of "blowing the team up".
i know youre seven

i know youre seven

but youll be a seven year old walking the dog no house motherfucker

smurfx

get some go again
come on lakers at least win today and then at home and go out in game 6 if you must but getting swept is pathetic.

Vestal

Wasnt aroud a PC last night. but I have to say a few things about last nights game.

#1 like ESPN and the announcers said adnauseum, WTF was Bosh.. FFS the guy was invisible in this game.. Props to the Warden for showing up.

#2 After the injury to Rondo I feel the heat left off the gas on defense, and once he came back to the game they went too freaking easy on him. Sure he was injured but they gave him too much space, the guy had 1 freaking arm pressure him and don't let him make plays that really inspired and carried the Celtics for the rest of the game.

I don't think that Garnett will have another monster game on Monday, and i don't think Pierce will be making 3s all over the place again however this next game I think will be the series. If the celtics win they will really put the pressure on the heat and Im not so sure they can handle it.

FFS Pressure rondo, specially if he is hurting. You think if Wade, or Bron got injured and came back the celts wouldn't pressure?!?! shesh.

Puddles

Banned
smurfx said:
come on lakers at least win today and then at home and go out in game 6 if you must but getting swept is pathetic.

Swept by a team they beat convincingly twice in the second half of the season.

Has there ever been a team that got swept by a team that they should sweep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom