• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not blaming all of last night's loss on Bosh, because it wasn't JUST Bosh. I expected the Celtics to take at least one game in Boston, and after that long rest it makes sense that it would be Game 3.

That said, I said after the first game, Bosh will need to show up in this series for the Heat to win it. You can't expect LeBron and Wade to go off for a combined 70 points every night. Bosh needs to be aggressive. He needs to be posting double-doubles and he needs to be shutting KG down, which to his credit he did in Games 1 and 2. In Game 3 that obviously wasn't the case and the Heat paid for it. If Bosh can play good defense on KG, and quietly post 15 and 10 on offense, that's a great contribution. He just needs to be aggressive. The Heat should open up Game 4 by running a lot of plays through him early.

The Heat need to step up and set the tone on defense in Game 4 and put themselves in the position to take a 3-1 lead.

As a side note, it's a shame to waste such a productive night from Chalmers and Anthony who combined for 29 points on 13-16 shooting.

Also, it will be interesting to see if Haslem returns to the line up here soon and how much of an impact he can make. Early in the season he was averaging like 8 and 8 off the bench which was amazing. We'll see how the injury and long break has affected him.

jjasper

TylerD said:
Westbrook disserves alot of the blame but so does KD for pretty much doing zero to get open in the last minutes and just standing around. Brooks gets blame for not having Harden in the game when you need to try to score. Yes, I realize that passbroke (brilliant btw) would probably not have given him the ball but at least there would be another offensive threat to distract some of the Grizz defenders.

Yeah we won the game because Brooks left Sefolosha in way too long in the fourth allowing Mayo to be on Westbrook, Allen on Durant, and Conley on Sefolosha basically hiding Conley on defense since Tabo doen't do anything on offense.

SamuraiX-

I wish that Baby picture was shopped... God, I just wish. I can't believe this abomination is playing in the NBA.

What's the story behind it?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
SamuraiX- said:
I wish that Baby picture was shopped... God, I just wish. I can't believe this abomination is playing in the NBA.

What's the story behind it?
I'm assuming that was taken when Rondo got injured.

Blackface

Banned
Darkman M said:
lol Blackface tries to shit on the Lakers and Kobe, yet defends this shit Bosh has been doing for years hahah.

Who the fuck is defending Bosh? Read the actual posts you transparent failure.

KingGondo

Banned
exarkun said:
Has king gondo been ok so far? That was a brutal loss.

Though, it was a great game to watch. Grizzlies defense would give anyone problems.
I'm fine, it was just a ridiculous loss.

We went from almost certainly taking back HCA and winning two straight in convincing fashion to making game 4 must-win and having to win 3 out of 4 (with 2 in Memphis), and having to recover emotionally from the worst loss of the season.

I do think we'll win game 4 (and I still think we can win the series), but Maynor needs more minutes and Harden has to make more of an impact. That game isn't even close if he scores 15 like he should.

jjasper

While I do think Westbrook played like shit. He is getting too much shit for the loss. OKC basically ran the same play the entire 4th trying to get Durant open. Run down the shot clock and then try to get Durant open near the top of the key. The problem was that Durant wasn't getting open both by good defense and him just not working at it leaving Westbrook with the ball and like 5 on the shot clock. In addition not having Harden in there leaving it basically the Druant/Westbrook show added to the awful coaching. Blame should fall on Durant, Westbrook, and Brooks with the majority on Brooks.

KingGondo

Banned
jjasper said:
While I do think Westbrook played like shit. He is getting too much shit for the loss. OKC basically ran the same play the entire 4th trying to get Durant open. Run down the shot clock and then try to get Durant open near the top of the key. The problem was that Durant wasn't getting open both by good defense and him just not working at it leaving Westbrook with the ball and like 5 on the shot clock. In addition not having Harden in there leaving it basically the Druant/Westbrook show added to the awful coaching. Blame should fall on Durant, Westbrook, and Brooks with the majority on Brooks.
Yeah, needless to say, it takes a group effort to lose a game when you're up by 13 going into the fourth quarter.

Pulling Maynor when the lead got below 10 was a huge mistake as well, and that falls entirely on Brooks.

charsace

People really trying to blame this on Christy Bosh when Lebroad stunk it up? Lebroad was terrible on offense and got torched by Pierce.

Vire

Aside from last nights embarrassment, Chris Bosh has averaged 17 points a game in the Playoffs. Those are solid and consistent minutes and I expect him to make a bigger impact in Game 4.

I knew the Heat weren't going to sweep the Celtics, so this isn't exactly surprising, but nonetheless it's still disappointing. Honestly, none of the big three played well last night - they didn't deserve to win. I'll at least take solace in the performance that Joel put on the floor.

Derwind

I agree with Blackface, if people actually watched Raptors games from 05-06 to 09-10, you'd see the huge difference from Bosh then to Bosh now.

He's a glorified role player now. Nothing more.

I have no emotion left to fuel into that guy.

I mean don't get it twisted, he wasn't ever a defensive anchor on Toronto. NEVER EVER!!!

However, he actually was 20/10 guy, he actually play effectively on offense. He would drive into the basket for a layup/dunk, create space with his stutter step and shot a silky smooth mid range jumper.

He'd do a baseline drive like every other play. He'd move around more to get in a good position for the ball rather than standing around....

I'm not sure what the fuck happened to this guy except that I think a part of him always wanted to be chilling & shit.....and Sam Mitchell wasn't ever having that...

BoshStats.jpg

fyi, I don't include his first two season.....they were not really special....

As it shows, playing the same amount of minutes Bosh's stats are at its lowest besides his FT%...

But even the stats don't tell the whole story.

boshflop.gif

He's become Wade & Lebron's bitch....

Not trying to defend Bosh, I'm sure I had my homer goggles on making me blind to most of his faults that most people called years ago but no one can deny, its shown in full colour as soon as he went to south beach...

nemesun

Decent showing last night. I don't believe Celts have the energy to grind this out but at least didn't get swept; and have a cracking series on our hands.

Derwind said:
I agree with Blackface, if people actually watched Raptors games from 05-06 to 09-10, you'd see the huge difference from Bosh then to Bosh now.

He's a glorified role player now. Nothing more.

I have no emotion left to fuel into that guy.

I mean don't get it twisted, he wasn't ever a defensive anchor on Toronto. NEVER EVER!!!

However, he actually was 20/10 guy, he actually play effectively on offense. He would drive into the basket for a layup/dunk, create space with his stutter step and shot a silky smooth mid range jumper.

He'd do a baseline drive like every other play. He'd move around more to get in a good position for the ball rather than standing around....

I'm not sure what the fuck happened to this guy except that I think a part of him always wanted to be chilling & shit.....and Sam Mitchell wasn't ever having that...

BoshStats.jpg

fyi, I don't include his first two season.....they were not really special....

As it shows, playing the same amount of minutes Bosh's stats are at its lowest besides his FT%...

But even the stats don't tell the whole story.

boshflop.gif

He's become Wade & Lebron's bitch....

Not trying to defend Bosh, I'm sure I had my homer goggles on making me blind to most of his faults that most people called years ago but no one can deny, its shown in full colour as soon as he went to south beach...

I'd argue that Bosh achieved those numbers because he was the best player on a craptastic team. Not that impressive.

Derwind

LovingSteam said:
I'd argue that Bosh achieved those numbers because he was the best player on a craptastic team. Not that impressive.

This is true but the flops and standing around looking dead in Miami is whats most disheartening, forget his numbers....:/

Derwind said:
This is true but the flops and standing around looking dead in Miami is whats most disheartening, forget his numbers....:/

I suppose the prison system has visited the Heat locker room. The weakest becomes the bitch of the strongest.

LovingSteam said:

I think that's part of it. In Toronto he was the number one option so he could control the game. He always had the ball in his hands. All three of the Big 3 have had to adjust to not controlling the game as much as their used to in the sense of having the ball on offense. When Bosh plays well, it's when the Heat run their offense through him. Which may or may not be ideal.

LeBron has seriously expanded his game this season. He ventures into the post more often, and he's playing off the ball more often than he ever did in Cleveland. Wade has also learned to play off the ball more than he has in the past. Bosh who didn't put up "bad" numbers this season, like 17 and 8 or something like that, has instead rescinded his skill set. He shoots jumpers on the elbows and that's about it. Rarely does he drive to the basket. Bosh has put up plenty of stinker performances this year for sure during which not only does he fail to score, but he often fails to rebound, what the Heat need him to do the most.

I don't expect Bosh to have another bad game like that this series. But he sure does need a major mental adjustment in between this season and next if he wants to be as successful as he can be in Miami.

While we're on the topic of Bosh, make sure you watch the video below. Seeing the way he acts in those photo shoots makes me want to puke. Especially considering how he went on like every talk show on television this summer after the big signings. LeBron and Wade tried to evade the media for the most part while Bosh sought to build upon the big news surrounding him and his new team. And now you hear him saying "I don't try to fit it" and you hear people talking about how to would rather eat at a 5-star restaurant and read books than be with his teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTQdcA_VeRw

And as I stated above although Bosh didn't play well, and LeBron didn't have a great night offensively, the contributions that Anthony and Chalmers had offensively were good to see and I hope they can keep it up.

Derwind

LovingSteam said:
I suppose the prison system has visited the Heat locker room. The weakest becomes the bitch of the strongest.

Someone needs to photoshop a scene like that!

Use a picture from Oz or something.... XD

ToyMachine228 said:
I'm not blaming all of last night's loss on Bosh, because it wasn't JUST Bosh. I expected the Celtics to take at least one game in Boston, and after that long rest it makes sense that it would be Game 3.

That said, I said after the first game, Bosh will need to show up in this series for the Heat to win it. You can't expect LeBron and Wade to go off for a combined 70 points every night. Bosh needs to be aggressive. He needs to be posting double-doubles and he needs to be shutting KG down, which to his credit he did in Games 1 and 2. In Game 3 that obviously wasn't the case and the Heat paid for it. If Bosh can play good defense on KG, and quietly post 15 and 10 on offense, that's a great contribution.
Bosh didn't shut KG down, KG shut KG down... for that matter when has Bosh shut ANYONE down?

Zep

Banned
charsace said:
People really trying to blame this on Christy Bosh when Lebroad stunk it up? Lebroad was terrible on offense and got torched by Pierce.

So he had no blame in letting Garnett drop 28 while he had 6? If Lebron has a shitty game, shouldn't he know to step up? Bosh is just a soft cunt.

smurfx said:
come on lakers at least win today and then at home and go out in game 6 if you must but getting swept is pathetic.

Don't see them getting swept. I was wrong the last 3 games, but they'll at least win this game.

Blackface

Banned
LovingSteam said:

This would be a valid argument if he chucked the ball to get his numbers. He didn't. He was one of the most efficient. In 2009-2010 he was the most efficient PF in the NBA.

Bosh was a really good player on Toronto, and has change completely in Miami. He is simply not the same guy he was. He turned into a gigantic bitch. I have never seen him not give a fuck like this in my life. If I was Miami I would be looking for a trade. He is not the same player he was in Toronto, for whatever reason.

Regardless of the finger pointing it doesn't matter. The Celtics played better than the Heat last night, period. Like I said earlier the Heat need to get out in Game 4 and set the tone on defense early and get into rhythm. The team's identity is defense. And with the Celtics aged and banged up, tight defense is going to win the series.

Zep

Banned
If Spolestra doesn't start Chalmers and have him punch rondo's arm up the court, they don't deserve to win the series. I wouldn't give a fuck, if he wants to play he should suffer the whole game.

reilo

jjasper said:
This is why I mentioned the other day that Durant needs to bulk up a little. Bigger and stronger defenders like Battier, Artest, Gerald Wallace, and Tony Allen can just deny him the ball by shadowing him hard and being physical with him. It happens so often.

Blackface

Banned
Zep said:
If Spolestra doesn't start Chalmers and have him punch rondo's arm up the court, they don't deserve to win the series. I wouldn't give a fuck, if he wants to play he should suffer the whole game.

All elbow dislocations look serious, but not all are serious. If it was really bad he would not be playing. A bad elbow dislocation completely restricts your range of motion, and if not taken care of properly, can permanently decrease it. He would not have been able to move his forearm if it was bad, let alone play the rest of the game. It's clearly not that bad.

He will probably ice it and do some therapy and be ready for the next game without much pain at all.

SamuraiX- said:
The guy actually implied that LeBron has a post game.

I'm not the only one who noticed it this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/6039/lebron-james-has-a-post-game

I'm sure you'll troll me, and LOL but LeBron does have a post game, and it's better than it ever was in Cleveland. If anything you can fault him for not capitalizing on it more often. If you want to see it being used watch the Heat's last game against the Nets this year. And again, you'll LOL at an example coming from a Nets game, but oh well. It's there. Watch the first half.

reilo

hahaaahahaa

EDIT: Oh my god the first clip is a highlight of Lebron posting up Vujacic 20 feet out and stumbling to the rim.

EDIT 2: ROFL. The second is of Lebron "posting up" Barbosa from about 16 feet out and just turning the corner and laying it in.

None of these are actually post-ups, wtf.

Blackface said:
and Frankman said the Knicks would be better then Chicago and would challenge for the East.
Next year and if the refs stop treating Derrick Rose like Michael Jordan? It's a longshot but I like longshots!
ToyMachine228 said:
I'm sure you'll troll me, and LOL but LeBron does have a post game, and it's better than it ever was in Cleveland. If anything you can fault him for not capitalizing on it more often. If you want to see it being used watch the Heat's last game against the Nets this year. And again, you'll LOL at an example coming from a Nets game, but oh well. It's there. Watch the first half.
You can go from shit to just kinda smelly and have that be an improvement. LeBron had 0 post game in Cleveland. Now he has a kinda rudimentary one. Dude got shut down by Danilo Gallinari in the post. SHUT DOWN. When you get shut down by Danilo anywhere you should bench yourself in shame.

EDIT: just watched the link.

shawnhuntershokced.gif

SamuraiX-

ToyMachine228 said:
I'm not the only one who noticed it this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/6039/lebron-james-has-a-post-game

2nqgs20.gif

shaq.gif

9knl7q.gif

reilo

I implore all of you to watch the video and see Lebron catching the ball outside of the paint "posting up" the likes of Rodney Stuckey, Leandro Barbosa, Sasha Vujacic, and Courtney Lee.

Sixty percent of the shots he makes in that video are outside of the paint off of a jumper, too. The other times he just catches the ball and drives to the rim, lol.

Derwind

reilo said:
I implore all of you to watch the video and see Lebron catching the ball outside of the paint "posting up" the likes of Rodney Stuckey, Leandro Barbosa, Sasha Vujacic, and Courtney Lee.

Sixty percent of the shots he makes in that video are outside of the paint off of a jumper, too. The other times he just catches the ball and drives to the rim, lol.

Is there a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom