• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
... is it me or do today's generation of NBA fans/players not know how to post up correctly? I bet PGs like Mark Jackson are better at posting up than LeBullrush.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Frankman said:
... is it me or do today's generation of NBA fans/players not know how to post up correctly? I bet PGs like Mark Jackson are better at posting up than LeBullrush.
Andre Miller and Chauncey Billups have a proper post-up game.

reilo said:
Andre Miller and Chauncey Billups have a proper post-up game.
Yeah but those guys played in the mid 90's, they debuted in that generation so I'd expect them to be able to. Today's player should be able to post up, but don't because they a) don't want to learn and more importantly b) don't need to because it's easier to get the bullshit call by driving to the hoop and throwing up a prayer.

I know GAF has said this but can you imagine a guy like LeBron playing in the early 90's? Questionable J? Next to no post game? Oh sure he'd have some explosive games but more often than not I can see him getting beaten up.

reilo

Derwind said:
The cut LeBron did on OKC was not even a post up.....yet it made the highlight reel.... :/
lol yeah. He caught the ball 15 feet out, faced up, and just crossed Durant over to the right and dunked it.

SamuraiX-

LeBron James Post-Ups (04/12/11)
LeBron James has been one of the most efficient post-up players this season, here's why

Oh wow, really? I guess I've been watching a completely different league of basketball all season, huh?

And this guy is so right.

I can't imagine would dare attempt to "post up" against the juggernaut defenses of Sasha Vujacic, Sonny Weems, Julian Wright, Hedo Turkoglu, Manu Ginobili, Rodney Stuckey, and Courtney Lee.

Half of the clips in this reel aren't even post-ups.

charsace

Zep said:
If Spolestra doesn't start Chalmers and have him punch rondo's arm up the court, they don't deserve to win the series. I wouldn't give a fuck, if he wants to play he should suffer the whole game.
This I can agree on. I would slap that arm every damn time I possibly could.

SamuraiX- said:
Oh wow, really? I guess I've been watching a completely different league of basketball all season, huh?

And this guy is so right.

I can't imagine would dare attempt to "post up" against the juggernaut defenses of Sasha Vujacic, Sonny Weems, Julian Wright, Hedo Turkoglu, Manu Ginobili, Rodney Stuckey, and Courtney Lee.

Half of the clips in this reel aren't even post-ups.
The Manuflop is a very effective way to play defense, HOW DARE YOU!!!
This I can agree on. I would slap that arm every damn time I possibly could.
Remember when Ewing came back in the playoffs vs. the Pacers from the broken wrist injury back in the day? Every Pacer (even Ferengi Miller) commented how they'd slap that wrist on every jumper to test Ewing. I miss the good 'ol days of MAN BASKETBALL.

charsace

The Thunder need to throw it into Durant and let him shoot a turnaround or hook. He's so tall and long that he should be doing this.

If you catch the ball in the post, face up your man, and shoot it seems to count as a post move which is just stupid imo.

Cloudy

Banned
I don't see how that was a dumb question. Wade has done a lot of suspect stuff the last few plays and she asked him what he thought of people who might see it as dirty.

Cloudy

Banned
Puddles said:
Swept by a team they beat convincingly twice in the second half of the season.

Has there ever been a team that got swept by a team that they should sweep?

We're like the frikken Capitals lol

ToyMachine228 said:
I'm sure you'll troll me, and LOL but LeBron does have a post game,
thats like saying if pheeniks had sex with a fat chick, that automatically makes him a pimp.
having sex with a fat chick doesn't make you a pimp.
that lol post game you claim he has against lol players does not equate to him having a post game.

Cloudy

Banned
Blackface said:
Bosh was a really good player on Toronto, and has change completely in Miami. He is simply not the same guy he was. He turned into a gigantic bitch. I have never seen him not give a fuck like this in my life. If I was Miami I would be looking for a trade. He is not the same player he was in Toronto, for whatever reason.

Just like some guys look awful with increased minutes and responsibility, good players can look very bad when they get no touches or plays run for them. On most nights, Heat are basically asking Bosh to rebound and play defense...and if he's lucky he can get table scraps from Bron and Wade. He is not the kind of player to get engaged in a game playing that way.

He reminds me a lot of Gasol. Sulks and disappears when he's not getting his touches even though the matchup is one where he can't really dominate

Derwind

Tom Penny said:
Lebron has the best post moves in the game since Dwight Howard.

tumblr_lkl9rd5VVd1qgdp9m.gif

charsace said:
http://i.imgur.com/MuHzal.jpg[IMG]

The pics they use in this comparison...[/QUOTE]

Its truly fitting... :P

SamuraiX-

There's a replay of Dallas vs LA Game 3 on NBA TV right now.

I usually hate Odom but I can't even hate on how stylin' he looks rocking that purple & gold uni with gold shoes, a black armband on right left arm, and black sleeves on his legs.

Like every point he scored in that game made him look good. Damn.

dream

The Frankman said:
I WOULD REALLY REALLY REALLY EDIT THAT LAST POST SAMURAI X-.

Can we not say that in the context of "I am a man and I think another man is looking pretty good but I am not attracted to him because I don't like men?"

SamuraiX-

The Frankman said:
I WOULD REALLY REALLY REALLY EDIT THAT LAST POST SAMURAI X-.

Just the last part?

Cuz I ain't gonna lie, man, I want that damn uniform combo. lol

Like how would T-Mac look stylin' that shit. Gotta boot up 2K11. heh

jordan0386 said:
Guys, there is a 5 second violation. Stop over-rating(sp) post up play for perimeter players.
No, it's 5 seconds from when you make your first dribble. You can hold it forever outside of the paint. Damn, even STAT got a frickin' post game this year.
dream said:
Can we not say that in the context of "I am a man and I think another man is looking pretty good but I am not attracted to him because I don't like men?"
Sure you can. Just say hi to bish for me.
SamuraiX- said:
Just the last part?

Cuz I ain't gonna lie, man, I want that damn uniform combo. lol
Ok I understand.

Puddles

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Sporting News All NBA-
Dwight
LeBron
Durant
Kobe
Rose

Don't have link yet.

Wade is more deserving of All-NBA at this point than Kobe. I'm not even convinced Kobe makes 2nd team if you just take any two guards.

Rose/Wade
CP3/???

Is Kobe honestly better than Deron or Rondo at this point?

Blackface

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
There's a replay of Dallas vs LA Game 3 on NBA TV right now.

I usually hate Odom but I can't even hate on how stylin' he looks rocking that purple & gold uni with gold shoes, a black armband on right left arm, and black sleeves on his legs.

Like every point he scored in that game made him look good. Damn.

dude-WTF.gif

charsace

jordan0386 said:
Guys, there is a 5 second violation. Stop over-rating(sp) post up play for perimeter players.
Sometimes you just need to be able to post up and go to town. When a team is playing good defense against your best player the post might be the only way he can get it. Go watch some of Jordan's second 3peat games and look at how much offense he generated by posting up. Post up perimeter players can open up a lot of offense.

SamuraiX-

Report: Sixers Will Look To Trade Iguodala

RealGM said:
The Philadelphia 76ers are expected try and trade Andre Iguodala this summer, according the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Kate Fagan.

Iguodala was non-committal when asked about playing for the Sixers next season.

"I expect to be back in the NBA," Iguodala said after the team's season-ending loss to the Miami Heat in the NBA playoffs. "It's always been a dream of mine to play ball. This has been a great ride so far, not just with the Sixers, just playing basketball in general. I'm really looking forward to getting some rest this summer, just letting my body recuperate and get back to 100 percent, and I'm really looking forward to next year being my best year in the league."

Iguodala has 3 years, $56 million remaining on his contract.

Yeah Iggy, for sure. I'm sure rest is all you need.

Not like there's a jump shot waiting for you to work on it or anything, you fucking bum.

Grifter

Delonte West has an unexpectedly sweet post-up game. His shot has been money this playoffs too. I feel he has so much to teach Lebron as a father figure.

Hmm. I think I am going to act as if today is the day the Magic Lakers won their 4th championship, 1987. I'll act as though Magic was still in his prime on a team that had heart. Yes, that is what I will do today. It will be a good day indeed. Magic, the best player in the game!

reilo

Grifter said:
Delonte West has an unexpectedly sweet post-up game. His shot has been money this playoffs too. I feel he has so much to teach Lebron as a father figure.
Gloria concurs. The things that Delonte can do in the post...

dream

LovingSteam said:

Beardz said:
Well, last year my cousin was staying in my place, she wanted to stay with me because "I like to party a lot" anyway, we went to a club with some friends, after that we came to my place. I have two rooms, one is my main room the other one is where I have my tv, videogames, sofa, etc.,

Anyway we never talked about where she was going to sleep, I thought she was going to sleep in the TV room (I know, I'm such a gentleman) but for my surprise she went to my bed so I was "Ok... this is weird".

We were in bed, after few minutes we were spooning! My hand was on her belly, then went up, she didn't complaint so... you know the rest :D

He later clarifies that it is, in fact, his first cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom