• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
sillymonkey321 said:
Sooooooooo will the Hawks coach play today's tape over and over again for Smith while feeding him cookies in order for him to learn he's more productive going to the paint than chucking jump shots?
As much as you want to believe, you know it won't last, kind of like Kidd playing good D and Terry/Peja coming up big in close-out games.

If Smith plays like he's capable, he's a 20/12/5/3 player, easy. He just has to stop shooting jumpers.

I knew the game was not looking good where at the end, the Bulls(along with Boozer) TRIPLE teamed JOE JOHNSON of all people to get an easy basket for AL HORFORD of all people.

Al Horford isn't as good as I thought he was but Josh Smith, despite the inevitable stupid moments from him, is the reason the Hawks won.

diehard

Fleer
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He's still in the playoffs, your true masturbatory Benedict Arnold lover point guard quit on his coach, destroyed a franchise and then quit on his new team that didn't even make the playoffs.
You seriously need to stay away from thekad school of trolling.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
AShep said:
Eh, this one's all on DRose_HoF. Silver lining was Booz stepping up. I've been saying all throughout the playoffs that they'll need him to play a significant role if we're getting to the finals.

Let's start with Atlanta first though :\
I don't want to start a debate, and defect from the Rose bandwagon, but he really needs to learn from CP3 and Williams, and become a better reader of the opposing defense. Just driving to the basket, and kicking it out can't be all that he does.

dIEHARD said:
You seriously need to stay away from thekad school of trolling.

You seriously need to stay away from knobslobbing of guys that kill franchises you support because it makes you look in incredible denial and absolutely moronic and pathetic.

J2 Cool

Here's the deal with the Bulls scorers tonight:

Rose - 12/32
Deng - 5/14
Korver - 1/8
Boozer - 7/10

So Thibodeau leaves Rose in the game 44 minutes, and plays a 4th quarter largely with Rose/CJ/Deng/Taj/Asik. Rose needs to get the offensive involved more, he deserves the criticism, but if that's not setting a guy up to jack up too many shots, I don't know what is.

How do you not trust Boozer, when everyone knows they need him to go somewhere, and he's playing the best he had this postseason? Talk about an being defensive minded to a fault.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You seriously need to stay away from knobslobbing of guys that kill franchises you support because it makes you look in incredible denial and absolutely moronic and pathetic.
Oh shit, that's salty.

SamuraiX-

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Damn, man. wtf lol

SoulPlaya

more money than God
J2 Cool said:
Here's the deal with the Bulls scorers tonight:

Rose - 12/32
Deng - 5/14
Korver - 1/8
Boozer - 7/10

So Thibodeau leaves Rose in the game 44 minutes, and plays a 4th quarter largely with Rose/CJ/Deng/Taj/Asik. Rose needs to get the offensive involved more, he deserves the criticism, but if that's not setting a guy up to jack up too many shots, I don't know what is.

How do you not trust Boozer, when everyone knows they need him to go somewhere and he's playing the best he had this postseason? Talk about an being defensive minded to a fault.
On another note, Deng deserves more criticism this series than even Boozer does. Deng seems to have no concept of ball movement or pick and roll whatsoever.

Pristine_Condition said:
28ko808.gif
16a9kec.gif

33kr7rk.gif
nbdbbl.gif

THIS. What an amazing game. Could not have happened to a more deserving team or fanbase on both sides.

Hi-Def

Neo Member
Gigglepoo said:
The "Rose doesn't have Durant" argument doesn't work when CP3 and his lousy roster exists.
Pretty much. Rose is simply a chucker and sometimes you'll get a 44 point game from that, but most nights? 12/32.

diehard

Fleer
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You realize you're the one that brought up Deron right? So... who's in denial and absolutely moronic and pathetic again?

SoulPlaya said:
On another note, Deng deserves more criticism this series than even Boozer does. Deng seems to have no concept of ball movement or pick and roll whatsoever.

Deng just isn't hitting shots, why would Rose pass him the ball when he can't hit the blindside of a barn???

It's easy to criticize Rose but it's not like he has the shooters the Dallas Mavericks have.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Deng just isn't hitting shots, why would Rose pass him the ball when he can't hit the blindside of a barn???

It's easy to criticize Rose but it's not like he has the shooters the Dallas Mavericks have.
I'm saying Deng needs to pass the ball, and continue the pick and roll. Don't just grab it and shoot, or attempt to drive it into triple coverage.

The reason why the Mavericks shoot well is because they have some of the best ball movement I've ever seen, and it results in a lot of guys being open. They don't just drive and pass to the perimeter and call it a day.

J2 Cool

Gigglepoo said:
The "Rose doesn't have Durant" argument doesn't work when CP3 and his lousy roster exists.

Yeah, they exist as an eliminated team from the playoffs. CP3 had two superb games, that made it a series. The other games they didn't even have a chance to win, because his team couldn't play with the Lakers. The only chance their team had was CP3 taking over, and instead he was quiet in all those 4th quarter L's.

He's what you want out of a point guard, but they still didn't have a chance to win. The Bulls had a chance to win tonight. Rose had a letdown, but his cast and coach need to help him out. I don't think Rose does this out of bad habits or glory, he just wants to win. He thinks this is his best chance to win.

RBH

I believed in Teague all along. Glad to see him prove his worth in this series.

Josh will be the deciding factor for how the rest of this series goes.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rose is young, and he'll hopefully learn to read defensive schemes better in the future. He, however, has to look at CP3 as his role model, not AI.

Gigglepoo

J2 Cool said:
Yeah, they exist as an eliminated team from the playoffs. CP3 had two superb games, that made it a series. The other games they didn't even have a chance to win, because his team couldn't play with the Lakers. The only chance their team had was CP3 taking over, and instead he was quiet in all those 4th quarter L's.

The team around CP3 isn't very good. But when they won, it was because CP3 was involving everyone on the team and scoring when he needed to. Rose doesn't do that.

dIEHARD said:
You realize you're the one that brought up Deron right? So... who's in denial and absolutely moronic and pathetic again?

You because you bring up dIRon all the time but your obsession with Rose is even more stalker-ish.

Your posts are as easy to read as your childrens'(avatar) pop up books.

I'd much rather be a fan of a great player on a very good team than one that turned his back on my whole franchise.

That just makes you look very sad and incapable of common sense.

You also are in love with Rondo, another player that can never be dIRon because he actually plays with injuries 1. and still has a chance to win in the playoffs 2.

We know you and some of the other bottom feeders want the Bulls to desperately lose and it's always Rose's fault every game.

You probably backslap yourself after every Rose turnover, just a good thing you don't use knives like your hero did.

reilo said:
Chris Webber is heated. Geez.

We all know damn well, he would get pissed at Jalen Rose when he shot the ball to much.

Bibby too.

edit: shit dude played with A.I...we all know A.I jacked shots all de time.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kenny says it best: "He can take 32 shots, but he has to make 20 of them to justify it."

Bitch Bynum attempts to explain his bitch move. Fellow thug Odom says "what the (expletive) do you expect?":

Los Angeles Lakers stars Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom watched the final eight minutes of a 122-86 loss in the visitor's locker room at American Airlines Center Sunday afternoon. The two were ejected about a minute apart for flagrant fouls in the final quarter of the series clinching victory for the Dallas Mavericks.

The frustration of being down by more than 20 and sitting on the verge of a Western Conference semifinals sweep was too much to handle for the two big men.

Odom's ejection came after blindsiding Dirk Nowitzki on a screen. Bynum quickly followed with a much dirtier forearm hit to the chest of a defenseless J.J. Barea, who was gliding through the air on a layup attempt.

"I wasn't surprised," Odom said of his teammate's ejection. "When you're losing by 30, what the (expletive) do you expect?"

Added Bynum: "I'm not disappointed in myself. It is what it is. We got embarrassed tonight, so that's what happened."

Even though they weren't remorseful, Lakers coach Phil Jackson and superstar Kobe Bryant expressed their shame for the way the fourth quarter got out of hand.

"I wasn't happy with the way our players exited the game," Jackson said. "It was unnecessary."

"You don't want to see that," Bryant added. "You don't want any of their players getting hurt."

The poor decisions obviously stemmed from the Mavericks doing whatever they pleased in Game 4. Jason Terry tied a playoff record by burying nine triples, five coming in the second quarter when he single-handedly outscored the Lakers 17-16.

The Mavericks dominated with offensive ball movement that turned into Nowitzki, Berea, Peja Stojakovic, Brian Cardinal, DeShawn Stevenson and Jason Kidd joining Terry by each drilling at least one three-pointer. The 20 total triples matched an NBA postseason record.

"They were breaking us down, so I just fouled somebody," Bynum said.

Former Lakers great Magic Johnson didn't see a need for that type of foul. The Hall of Famer called the fouls by Odom and Bynum, "classless acts."

"That should never happen," Johnson told television cameras. "You have to show class when you win and you have to show class when you lose, and the Lakers did not show class in Game 4."

It's difficult for the Mavericks to remain angry about the cheap fouls in the final quarter of the series. If another game remained, things might be different, perhaps even some retaliation. But there's no time for that, the Mavericks just swept the two-time defending champs and are moving on to the conference finals.

"That is unfortunate that those guys would do that because we're all NBA players out there, and we're all playing the game and there is no need for that kind of stuff," Mavericks center Tyson Chandler said. "We'll move on. We've got another series to prepare for."

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/lakers-andrew-bynum-on-hit-on-jj-barea-w.html

The Stealth Fox

SoulPlaya said:
Rose is young, and he'll hopefully learn to read defensive schemes better in the future. He, however, has to look at CP3 as his role model, not AI.

He'll never have the pass-first mentality of CP3. That's just not rose. He's a scorer first and foremost.

He's just a clone like the other 8000 undersized SGs in the league. He's the superior clone, but he's still a clone.

Derwind

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You because you bring up dIRon all the time but your obsession with Rose is even more stalker-ish.

Your posts are as easy to read as your childrens'(avatar) pop up books.

I'd much rather be a fan of a great player on a very good team than one that turned his back on my whole franchise.

That just makes you look very sad and incapable of common sense.

You also are in love with Rondo, another player that can never be dIRon because he actually plays with injuries 1. and still has a chance to win in the playoffs 2.

We know you and some of the other bottom feeders want the Bulls to desperately lose and it's always Rose's fault every game.

You probably backslap yourself after every Rose turnover, just a good thing you don't use knives like your hero did.

Dude relax, DieHard has a thing against PG, don't even bring up Rondo, he'll massacre that dude with words!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom