• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2 Cool

SoulPlaya said:
Dude, you know I love him, but Rose is one of those bad shooters.

To help mask that, you MUST improve your ball movement to make sure that you get a wide open shot, or a down low shot.

If you have bad shooters, then maximize their chances of making the shot.

Ball movement was really bad. 10 assists is fine, but the other teammates need to get some easy ones too. Josh Smith was huge dishing out assists for the Hawks. The one to Horford was a backbreaker.

Bulls lost the total assist battle 16 to 23 (6 assists combined from anyone not named Rose), and the Hawks neutralized what was a +13 rebounding edge for the Bulls last game. Also killed the Bulls in the paint 56-40.

Tom Penny

Derwind said:
Sorry, I had to repost this....XD

PauFishing.jpg

LOL

SoulPlaya

more money than God
J2 Cool said:
Ball movement was really bad. 10 assists is fine, but the other teammates need to get some easy ones too. Josh Smith was huge dishing out assists for the Hawks. The one to Horford was a backbreaker.

Bulls lost the total assist battle 16 to 23 (6 assists combined from anyone not named Rose), and the Hawks neutralized what was a +13 rebounding edge for the Bulls last game. Also killed the Bulls in the paint 56-40.
Absolutely. I actually don't put the bulk of this on Rose. I put it on Deng and Korver. If you're not shooting well, then at least help get other guys open.

giri

SoulPlaya said:
Look, I love D-Rose, but the Bulls will never win a championship if he's taking 32 shots a game. Never.
Concur. he really needs to get back to facilitating.

Also, this confirms, Jason Collins is the Hawks MVP.

SamuraiX-

Akkad said:
The Hawks took the Celtics to 7 games when they won their championship, I'm not comparing the Bulls to the Celtics but it feels like we've seen this movie before.

Tell me, do you know a single fucking thing about basketball or do you just shit posts out of your ass to make yourself feel better about your team getting beat?

dream

lol@Dwyane "I have a headache and might not play :(" Wade basically blowing off Rondo's heroism by saying "real basketball players are gonna play no matter where they're hurt."

Akkad said:
The Hawks took the Celtics to 7 games when they won their championship, I'm not comparing the Bulls to the Celtics but it feels like we've seen this movie before.

Nobody's respecting them because they barely got out of the first round last year and looked lime the same team this year, but they took care of business against Orlando and look good against Chicago (another team people seem to be underplaying) again this round. I still lime the Bulls to win this series but you have to give the Hawks their due.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
dream said:
lol@Dwyane "I have a headache and might not play :(" Wade basically blowing off Rondo's heroism by saying "real basketball players are gonna play no matter where they're hurt."

If Wade had suffered the same injury as Rondo, they would have taken him out on a stretcher, and he'd be out three weeks.

giri said:
what the hell does this post even mean? are you blind drunk?
You like using that completely creative and articulate insult, my post if you were intelligent enough to understand it was not about Boozer's play at all but about hypocrisy and playing through injuries and cute littke names used by people with way too much time on their hands. But then again, many in this thread use Boozer to suit their double-sided agendas.

BobLoblaw

Banned
dream said:
Stay classy Wade. :|

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You like using that completely creative and articulate insult, my post if you were intelligent enough to understand it was not about Boozer's play at all but about hypocrisy and playing through injuries and cute littke names used by people with way too much time on their hands. But then again, many in this thread use Boozer to suit their double-sided agendas.

Kid's so salty :lol

verbum

So is LA now the Sony of the NBA?

Good to see the Hawks tie up the series. Please Josh Smith, pretty please, go inside this next game in Chicago. Even up the rebounds and get some fouls. It will only be sore for a day or two.

LiveFromKyoto said:
Nobody's respecting them because they barely got out of the first round last year and looked lime the same team this year, but they took care of business against Orlando and look good against Chicago (another team people seem to be underplaying) again this round. I still lime the Bulls to win this series but you have to give the Hawks their due.
I laughed at idiots that said the Bulls would win this series easily or in 4 or 5 or that it was over after game 3(Rose took a ton of shots then as well). The Hawks have a lot of talent, I am just disappointed that Horford isn't really a factor in this series and it's even.

Zep

Banned
wow...He admits to playing scared. What a bitch.

ESPN said:
When the Miami Heat came on the floor 15 minutes before Game 3's tipoff Saturday night the arena was darkened and the seats at TD Garden were full. On the videoboard above, the Boston Celtics were shown outside their locker room jumping up and down as the theme from Rocky pulsed from the loud speakers. It was intimidating and that was before anyone had even broken a sweat. Most arenas are rowdy in the playoffs and in Boston it's tradition.

The intensity of that atmosphere got to Chris Bosh, something he admitted when looking back on his first road game in the second round. Bosh said nerves were a major factor in perhaps his worst game of the season, a six-point, five-rebound effort in 30 minutes in the Heat's 97-81 blowout loss.

"Given all the elements that were out there last night ... they were so hyped," Bosh said. "My emotions got the best of me early on and it kind of dictated what I was doing for the rest of the game."

In the first moments of the game, Bosh came off a standard pick-and-roll with Dwyane Wade and had an open mid-range jumper from the wing. Although this is a routine part of Miami's offense, Bosh hesitated and passed up the open jumper and tried to force the ball back to Wade.

Bosh's pass was off target and in traffic and went for a turnover. For Bosh, it was just downhill from there.

dream said:
sure it's a reference? doesn't he have a history of migraines? or am I thinking of someone else?

Gigglepoo

giri said:
So boozer shows up for one game and is redeemed for a life time of play off failure? please, he needs to show up for entire series, not just individual games.

I agree

More importantly, you really need an avatar.

verbum

Colin Cowherd must be crying himself to sleep tonight. And he will bounce back tomorrow talking about how the Heat are the start of a new dynasty and when he hung hung out on South Beach he knew it was the place of championships. "South Beach is the new LA".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
verbum said:
Colin Cowherd must be crying himself to sleep tonight. And he will bounce back tomorrow talking about how the Heat are the start of a new dynasty and when he hung hung out on South Beach he knew it was the place of championships. "South Beach is the new LA".

Do people still listen to this clown? Possibly the most rage inducing sports show I've ever heard.

dschalter

verbum said:

~I used to play Kobe but now it's Lebron~

exarkun

Just got back from downtown after the Dallas game. Man, I was pretty shocked at A. Jason Terry's Threes B. The Laker's bench getting truly exposed and C. Laker's thuggery. Odumb and Bynum got so fucking dirty, acting like little bitches cause they are losing? What class. I don't want to hear shit from a Lakers fan criticizing other teams for the rest of the season for player deficiencies or lack of heart. Cause the Lakers came with that shit in spades today.

Congrats to the Mavs fans. Special congratulations to Brandi. Your Konex type powers truly made the difference in this series and produced near historical levels of mediocre to bad levels of play from the Lakers. I drank a cold one for you today.

Plus, if Smith plays inside for the Hawks then the series becomes a toss up. The Bulls have been getting O-rebs with Noah and Booz and its been showing. Today, Smith breaks that shit up and they get the W. Good ish.

verbum said:

Quoting this again because it will happen.

EvilMario said:
Do people still listen to this clown? Possibly the most rage inducing sports show I've ever heard.
Yeah, the guy is like Skip Bayless, just far more unintelligent and unworthy of getting paid to talk sports. Michelle Beadle was probably the much better athlete when younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom