• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
talisayNon said:
can someone make this into an avatar so memphis supporters can rock it?

UGK-UGK-4-Life.jpg

thx

Reminds me of the OKC Barons logo but not as good

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Bennett Salvatore"Having watched the replay after, it was a foul and I should've called it. I made a mistake.

Would've swung the game in a completely different direction. Oh well, Bulls didn't really deserve to win it. I must say, though, D-Rose was okay with his shot selection. He was taking it to the hole aggressively, and it just wasn't falling. Can't fault him completely for shooting 32 times when they're layups.

diehard

Fleer
SephCast said:
Would've swung the game in a completely different direction. Oh well, Bulls didn't really deserve to win it. I must say, though, D-Rose was okay with his shot selection. He was taking it to the hole aggressively, and it just wasn't falling. Can't fault him completely for shooting 32 times when they're layups.
can you blame him for missing 20 times when they're layups?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
dIEHARD said:
can you blame him for missing 20 times when they're layups?
I'm just saying, within the flow of the game, it didn't seem like he was taking bad shots. This wasn't Game 1 and 2 Rose where he was taking tons of terrible threes.

Give me a fucking break. If LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Pau, or any of the other guys NBA GAF constantly shits on went 12 for 32, they'd be flamed for days. I agree, everyone has off days, and I rarely go after any player on any team other than my own who has a bad night or two unless it's completely atrocious like Bosh's Game 3.

Not only is it 12 of 32 shooting, it's your PG taking 32 shots. That alone can be an issue even if your PG is shooting well. Because your PG isn't always going to shoot that well.

SephCast said:
Would've swung the game in a completely different direction. Oh well, Bulls didn't really deserve to win
So pointless the after-the-fact admissions of fucking up calls but yeah, the Bulls were in the whole game but it seemed they shouldn't have been because of too many defensive lapses leading to easy baskets and not enough scoring by anyone but Derrick and Boozer. I've been as high on Deng as I have Rose all year but he's not playing the same in the playoffs, maybe he's using up too much energy on the defensive end.

SamuraiX-

Zep said:
wow...He admits to playing scared. What a bitch.

I can't really blame him.

Boston Garden is without question one of, if not the most intimidating place to play if you haven't been there in the Playoffs.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ToyMachine228 said:
Give me a fucking break. If LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Pau, or any of the other guys NBA GAF constantly shits on went 12 for 32, they'd be flamed for days. I agree, everyone has off days, and I rarely go after any player on any team other than my own who has a bad night or two unless it's completely atrocious like Bosh's Game 3.

Not only is it 12 of 32 shooting, it's your PG taking 32 shots. That alone can be an issue even if your PG is shooting well. Because your PG isn't always going to shoot that well.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Pau have teammates who are consistent scoring threats. Rose hasn't had one to pass to since Ben Gordon.

Zep

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
I can't really blame him.

Boston Garden is without question one of, if not the most intimidating place to play if you haven't been there in the Playoffs.

I can understand being nervous but that should be gone after the first basket is scored. This pussy played scared a whole game and fuckin admitted to it! Whoever said earlier that he has to be traded this summer was right. His 1-18 in Chicago makes a lot more sense now.

SephCast said:
Odom I guess one, but his didn't look that bad. Bynum should miss at least 5 IMO.
Bynum should be suspended, he's also done this before. Nothing should happen to Odom, that happens a lot, I would have given him a T but not even tossed him out.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
cuevas said:
BUT DUDE, 30 SHOSTS!!!

I'm not defending the shooting percentage. 12/32 is completely abhorrent and I'm not being a Rose apologist. I just have the same POV that Chris Webber had during the post game. Layups are high percentage shots. The 12/32 on the box score is terrible, but in the context of the game, it really didn't feel like he was making bad decisions.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's amazing that Hinrich being injured is actually what's giving the Bulls so much trouble, as Teague wouldn't have been given such a great opportunity to shine.

Branduil

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Kobe has never won a single game against Dirk in the playoffs.
That doesn't mean as much, this is the only time they've played. But Gasol has never beat him in 8 tries.

Gasol+Bynum for Dwight.

SamuraiX-

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He had to have that much or close in game 3.

Sure, but the difference is he actually made nearly 60% of them in Game 3.

He has to learn when he's not feeling it, he's not feeling it. Deng and Boozer both can create their own shot. Rose has more help on offense than most of you guys would like to think.

There's no reason he should be averaging 4 more shots per game in the post season than he did in the regular season.

He didn't win 62 games with a bunch of stiffs around him.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Branduil said:
That doesn't mean as much, this is the only time they've played. But Gasol has never beat him in 8 tries.

Gasol+Bynum for Dwight.

It'll probably be Bynum + Odom + Tons of Picks for Dwight + Hedo. Lakers gotta take some shit back.

SephCast said:
I'm not defending the shooting percentage. 12/32 is completely abhorrent and I'm not being a Rose apologist. I just have the same POV that Chris Webber had during the post game. Layups are high percentage shots. The 12/32 on the box score is terrible, but in the context of the game, it really didn't feel like he was making bad decisions.

Yeah I'm not blaming it on Rose. Hawks played great D against him.

And I agree with Samurai. If he's getting denied repeatedly like this, the rest of our team needs to step up and create their shot.

Zep said:
27 = 44

32 = 34

Yea so ....Nah, im not seeing your reasoning.
Just pointing out facts that he took a lot of shots both games, of course you're great if they go in but it tells me that he's not getting enough help or doesn't see it that way.

SephCast said:

Yeah, I would rather have Rose go in for a tough layup over him dishing it to Bogans for a contested jump shot.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Grimm Fandango said:
Yeah I'm not blaming it on Rose. Hawks played great D against him.

And I agree with Samurai. If he's getting denied repeatedly like this, the rest of our team needs to step up and create their shot.
Deng doesn't seem to be able to create his owns hot this series.

SephCast said:
It'll probably be Bynum + Odom + Tons of Picks for Dwight + Hedo. Lakers gotta take some shit back.

Poor Dwight, he's going to leave Orlando to try to carry old man Kobe, and Gilbert or Hedo to a title.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
SephCast said:
That'd mean Odom will have played for both LA teams and both FL teams. Weird.

RBH

SamuraiX- said:
The difference is Bibby could space the floor.

Teague is nice. He has the bball IQ, the passing, the defense, the drive & mid-range game, but if he wants to put his name in the conversation of starting PGs on good teams, he has to develop that outside game.

What happened to him anyway? He was stroking it in college from what I remember.
Bibby really couldn't do much else though. He was just way too much of a defensive liability for this team, and nothing else that he did could make up for that.

I honestly feel that Teague lost alot of his confidence in his outside shot during the pre-season last year. He was actually the leading scorer for the Hawks during the pre-season, and then during a nationally televised game against the Magic, he went something like 0-for-19 from the field. He started to play more timid after that game and it hurt his play throughout the season. That's probably one reason why Woodson didn't play him much, among other things.

I'm just really happy to see Teague come into his own this series. All of his other traits far overshadow any deficiencies he may have in his outside shot right now imo.

chessnut

SephCast said:

I disagree, a point guard should never shoot that much. They should be a facilitator. It's OK for guys like durant/kobe/wade to shoot a lot because they don't always have the ball on every play, someone gives it to them. and yeah, you can say that rose has no one to pass the ball to, but neither does paul or dwill...and those guys almost never (if ever?) shoot 30 times in a game

SephCast said:

Pfft. We'll end up with someone else besides Hedo. They can have as many picks as they want.

But that's only a part of it, we need a better bench in 2012.

So will Odom and Bynum be missing a game or two to start next season?

:lol

Last I heard, the owners proposal was an upgraded joke, like instead of this 88 Honda, we can offer you this 89 Taurus. 2012 is the next season at this rate.

SamuraiX- said:
Sure, but the difference is he actually made nearly 60% of them in Game 3.

He has to learn when he's not feeling it, he's not feeling it. Deng and Boozer both can create their own shot. Rose has more help on offense than most of you guys would like to think.
Let's just hope you aren't one of the transparent people here that basically have consistently called Boozer terrible but are now using him in a positive light coveniently to suit your argument. Boozer hasn't really created his own shot in a long time, he made jumpers tonight. Deng HAS been able to create some shots for himself all year, he's the far better option right now to do that but he's not getting it done and this is possibly because of his concerted effort to take away Joe Johnson or he's just dropping the ball.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
b.mak said:
I disagree, a point guard should never shoot that much. They should be a facilitator. It's OK for guys like durant/kobe/wade to shoot a lot because they don't always have the ball on every play, someone gives it to them. and yeah, you can say that rose has no one to pass the ball to, but neither does paul or dwill...and those guys almost never (if ever?) shoot 30 times in a game

That's fine if that's your opinion, but it depends on the system. This system was built for D-Rose because he is more like Wade and Kobe than CP3. He's a scoring PG and the alpha guard for the team.

In your definition, then the PG should be the main facilitator and start the offense up. Well, in the triangle, the PG basically does none of these. It's all systems.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Let's just hope you aren't one of the transparent people here that basically have consistently called Boozer terrible but are now using him in a positive light coveniently to suit your argument. Boozer hasn't really created his own shot in a long time, he made jumpers tonight. Deng HAS been able to create some shots for himself all year, he's the far better option right now to do that but he's not getting it done and this is possibly because of his concerted effort to take away Joe Johnson or he's just dropping the ball.
Let it be known that I've been on the Boozer Defense Force since day one. Tonight was a great night for us (or just me, lol).

etiolate

Banned
MidnightCowboy said:
So, why did Mike Bibby start over Jeff Teague? How did they not know this kid could play?

Probably locker room reasons. Bibby shouldn't be starting for the heat, but he is. He probably wants vet respect/priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom