• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Despite the Indiana Pacers having a president and general manager in place, a franchise official called the San Antonio Spurs for permission to speak to assistant general manager Dennis Lindsey about a prominent front-office job, Eastern Conference sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Jim Morris, who runs the organization’s business side, reached out to Spurs officials to talk to Lindsey, sources said. The call was received with trepidation, sources said, as Lindsey and the Spurs made clear there would be no conversations as long as Pacers president Larry Bird and GM David Morway still occupied their current jobs.

It is unclear whether the call was made with the blessing of Bird, or made discreetly on behalf of owner Herb Simon.

Pacers president Larry Bird is expected to meet with Simon in the next several days to discuss his future with the franchise. Bird’s contract expires in July, and league sources believe Simon wants Bird to continue at a lower salary.

Bird wants to be sure he still answers directly to Simon, not other business operations and financial people within the Pacers, sources said.
That's shitty.

Mothman91

Alright guys, what's the best semi fast-food places to eat from while watching the game?

Just got Chipotle and while eating my burrito and watching this game, it's niceeee.

Ninja Scooter said:
LOL I know Z-Bo is great but I told you guys that Perk/Ibaka frontline was mad overrated defensively. Perk is slow and heavy footed and Ibaka can't defend man to man for shit. Z-Bo can tear them up, and if Pau grows balls he'd do the same.

Did anyone think otherwise?

jjasper said:
He was until this year. This year he was great. Anyone that says we are better without him didn't watch us play the second half of Jan and Feb till he got hurt.

Pretty much this. The team really began to hit its stride before he went out.

Omiee said:
i was NOT expecting this from them.

Don't think anyone was =/
Zach-Randolph.jpg

Omiee

So when is the stern call going to come on. would be interesting to see if the refs are going to try to let them back in this game by giving them a lot of ft's

dream

I wouldn't even be mad if the Grizzlies beat the Celtics in the finals. What a great story this team is telling.

Grimm Fandango said:
Scariest 8th seed ever?
yes, because they have what few teams in the league have: a PAIR of *extremely* capable big men that can do anything they want inside of 10'.

Lakers are the only team left in the playoffs with players who can match up directly.

exarkun

thunder's body language is just piss poor. They look defeated.

I had a strange sense of deja vu though, did the Grizz lose to the Thunder by giving up a lead in the regular season? I just had a weird feeling the thunder are going to come back.

Shadow780

jjasper said:
He was until this year. This year he was great. Anyone that says we are better without him didn't watch us play the second half of Jan and Feb till he got hurt.

I'm saying this because he increases the number of possessions that stops the ball in his hand and isos, there's not gonna be those interior passings and cuts more often in the current Grizzs.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Gigglepoo

Rodeo Clown said:
That's shitty.

I agree. I'd like them to continue forward with Bird and Morway. It's a well-built team that's only missing a superstar. It's not like you can blame Bird or Morway for that.

Rodeo Clown said:
The 99 Knicks made the Finals. So, no. Not yet anyway.

Doesn't count. And no, I'm not joking.

Bread

Banned
It's great seeing a new face in the playoffs doing big things, anyone think they have a chance against the Mavs or Lakers if they go on to beat the Thunder?

jjasper

Shadow780 said:
I'm saying this because he increases the number of possessions that stops the ball in his hand and isos, there's not gonna be those interior passings and cuts more often in the current Grizzs.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Perviously to this year yes. But this year after his summer with the USA team he became a much better team player.

And this game isn't over, OKC will make one more run.

Omiee

Bread said:
It's great seeing a new face in the playoffs doing big things, anyone think they have a chance against the Mavs or Lakers if they go on to beat the Thunder?

mavs def, lakers no.
unless gasol is going to come out and be scared of his brother

dream said:
I wouldn't even be mad if the Grizzlies beat the Celtics in the finals. What a great story this team is telling.
I'm right there with you. If LA loses to Boston I'll be upset if they lose to the Heat I'll be suicidal but if they lost to the Grizz Ill be inexplicably sad and happy all at once

Shadow780 said:

Maybe I'm wrong.

I agree with this, but strangely enough the Grizzlies were statistically better defensively before he went out which balanced that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom