• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Perk doesn't matter by himself, but Rondo would have been less butt hurt since the trade and that alone would have improved them a bit.

Brooks should be fired for not starting Harden. He is their 2nd best player this postseason and they can't get over their hardon for Thabo Sefalosha (and his zero offense, to go along with Ibaka and Perk's zero offense). How do you not start your 5 best players?

punkypine

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You could be a bigger one referencing Perkins as well.

Is Perkins a better player than Green? No.
Did Perkins play this season for the Celtics? No.
Is Perkins playing healthy currently? No.
Would Perkins do anything more than Jermaine is currently doing? No.

I thought Celtics fans circle jerked over Perkins, non-Celtics fans are even more delusional. We shipped out fucking corpses at the deadline, there is no other way to skew it.
And the offense was so stagnant today for the celtics, you put perkins in there instead of green and its even worse. The celtics offense was completely stalled outside of peirce

linsivvi

Perkins is such a scrub.

Always carries that feint-pissed-off-tough-guy look.

No wonder his Celtics teammates miss him so much.

Ninja Scooter said:
Perk would be making zero difference for the Celtics in the Heat series. His slow ass would get run off the court.

But the face he makes might scare off Bosh even more. Or at least it would make for good TV.

Blackface

Banned
Black Mamba must be frustrated.

A few weeks ago I was saying the same thing everyone is now. That Perk is over-rated and will provide nothing of use to OKC.

I got basically run off the forum by everyone while Black Mamba was fapping in a corner.

Now everyone seems to have changed their stance.

dream

ryutaro's mama said:
Damn.

WNBA, you almost had a new viewer...

Girlball is fun, man. And Courtney is the best point guard in the world.

vandersloot.png

Ninja Scooter said:
Brooks should be fired for not starting Harden. He is their 2nd best player this postseason and they can't get over their hardon for Thabo Sefalosha (and his zero offense, to go along with Ibaka and Perk's zero offense). How do you not start your 5 best players?

I think he's trying to do like the Mavs do with Jet, it's just that Brooks substitution doesn't seem to be as good as Rick Carlisles.

Zbo doesn't seem to really play good against Nick Collison, so he should be playing more minutes.

Sanjuro

OKC can USE a healthy Perkins. Their style of team needs someone like him. The Celtics are still playing excellent defense. You can't fault them for the Heat making unbelievable shots when they need to.

Blackface said:

A few weeks ago I was saying the same thing everyone is now. That Perk is over-rated and will provide nothing of use to OKC.

I got basically run off the forum by everyone while Black Mamba was fapping in a corner.

Hey man I was saying the same thing when people were crucifying Ainge. I thought it was a good move by Danny, only he probably didn't anticipate his players acting like their puppy died because of it and going in the tank. In theory, shipping a broke down Perk in a contract year to try and add another piece for this season was a smart move.

The only positive Perk has brought to OKC was forcing their dumbass coaching staff into playing Ibaka at PF, which they should have been doing anyway. That dumbass coaching staff that also doesn't just start Harden when he is far better than their starting SG.

StickSoldier said:
I think he's trying to do like the Mavs do with Jet, it's just that Brooks substitution doesn't seem to be as good as Rick Carlisles.

The difference is that the Mavs still have decent spacing without Terry in the lineup thanks to Dirk and Kidd. Westbrook/Thabo/Durant/Ibaka/Perkins doesn't have nearly enough shooting.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You could be a bigger one referencing Perkins as well.

Is Perkins a better player than Green? No.
Did Perkins play this season for the Celtics? No.
Is Perkins playing healthy currently? No.
Would Perkins do anything more than Jermaine is currently doing? No.

I thought Celtics fans circle jerked over Perkins, non-Celtics fans are even more delusional. We shipped out fucking corpses at the deadline, there is no other way to skew it.

You are still making zero solid points. Congrats. What does Baby have to do with anything?

Perkins would be taking Baby's minutes. Are you really this dense?

because Baby has sucked so bad, and been reduced minute wise, KG is up to 41 minutes and clearly can't handle that workload. Perkins helps there.

And yes perkins would play and yes perkins did play and Perkins would do more than Baby.

And yes, Perkins is better than green. Green is the worst wing player in the NBA that plays 15+mp.

It's not about Perkins who is just okay. It's about Baby and green who are terrible being forced to play.

Branduil

Basileus777 said:
The difference is that the Mavs still have decent spacing without Terry in the lineup thanks to Dirk and Kidd. Westbrook/Thabo/Durant/Ibaka/Perkins doesn't have nearly enough shooting.
The Mavs are going to have problems with their starting lineup against the Grizzlies, though. I mean what's the point of starting Stevenson when the other SG is Tony Allen? I think it might be smarter to start Barea in that series.

Blackface said:

Uh no. I said Perkins gets rid of Green and allows Ibaka to play, which is why the trade is still a success. I said Perkins is just an okay player, but it's value relies in getting rid of Green for Ibaka, which is trading to worst PF in the league with a decent one.

KingGondo

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
I'm wondering what it will take for Brooks to be fired. The natural talent of the players on our roster (and their youth) should be enough to ensure lots of regular season success, but he is incredibly rigid with his rotations and was the root cause of our game 3 collapse IMO. Pulling Maynor for Westbrook with no rest and keeping Thabo in for the whole 4th instead of Harden (when we were DESPERATE for a bucket) were huge blunders.

We score 11 points in the fourth against the Grizz in that game, and we've got HCA back and game 4 is a luxury that we can afford to lose. And now we see what happens when you let a team get the mental edge on you after they thought they were dead in the water.

Bread

Banned
Sucks to go down 3-1, I think the team was able to tie it up but they didn't. I'm very drunk now for your information, and I think if Ray and Pierce hit their shots they could have won in regulation. I don't think the Celtics can comeback in Miami so good shit Pheenix and friends. The Celtics gave it all their all and lost, but Lebron and Wade were to much to overcome, and Bosh's tip-in was lucky but necessary for their comeback.

Good shit Pheenix.

Gigglepoo said:
The Mavs don't start their five best players. It's who finishes, not starts.

the guys the Mavs do start are far better offensively though. Thabo is fucking overrated as shit. You really need a defensive stopper to start and shut down Tony Allen? With the current OKC starting lineup you only have 2 guys that can score AT ALL, and one of those guys is a fucking chucker. Kidd is much better at creating shots for guys like Marion and Chandler who might be offensively deficient, and Dirk is a better version of Durant.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
Perkins would be taking Baby's minutes. Are you really this dense?

because Baby has sucked so bad, and been reduced minute wise, KG is up to 41 minutes and clearly can't handle that workload. Perkins helps there.

And yes perkins would play and yes perkins did play and Perkins would do more than Baby.

And yes, Perkins is better than green. Green is the worst wing player in the NBA that plays 15+mp.

It's not about Perkins who is just okay. It's about Baby and green who are terrible being forced to play.
...you reaaaally aren't good at this. Are you purposely just trolling?

Spoiler
Glen Davis (Big Baby) is not a center

Perkins is simply not a better player than Jeff Green.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
...you reaaaally aren't good at this. Are you purposely just trolling?

Spoiler
Glen Davis (Big Baby) is not a center

Perkins is simply not a better player than Jeff Green.

And yet he played the majority of his minutes this season at Center.

edit: in the playoffs to compensate, KG has played a lot of minutes at Center too. including tonight.

Ninja Scooter said:
the guys the Mavs do start are far better offensively though. Thabo is fucking overrated as shit. You really need a defensive stopper to start and shut down Tony Allen? With the current OKC starting lineup you only have 2 guys that can score AT ALL, and one of those guys is a fucking chucker. Kidd is much better at creating shots for guys like Marion and Chandler who might be offensively deficient, and Dirk is a better version of Durant.

Yeah, Kidd is a huge reason that the starters for the Mavs works. He can shoot the 3, and passes so well, something that RW doesn't do. Marion can get you some points too, but of course Dirk is the main guy. He creates so many mismatches. I agree though, why is Thabo in there anyways? Who is he stopping, Zbo? It's a waste and I'm confused as to why Brooks hasn't tried a different starting group.

Bread said:
Sucks to go down 3-1, I think the team was able to tie it up but they didn't. I'm very drunk now for your information, and I think if Ray and Pierce hit their shots they could have won in regulation. I don't think the Celtics can comeback in Miami so good shit Pheenix and friends. The Celtics gave it all their all and lost, but Lebron and Wade were to much to overcome, and Bosh's tip-in was lucky but necessary for their comeback.

Good shit Pheenix.

fist-bump.jpg

This shit ain't over. Stop jinxing it!

Tom Penny

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Nah, people would make you believe that Perkins is filled with magic beans or something. Fucking morons the lot of them.

They got old man. Sucks. It is what it is. I just wish they actually ran an offense for the last 10 minutes of the game instead of turning it over every 3 possessions :| They had plenty of chances.

KingGondo

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
You're completely right. OKC would be a better team with Nate McMillan as coach.
Brooks is gonna stick around through mere mediocrity paired with excellent talent.

Looks like the second half will be worth staying up for at least.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
What are you even trying to prove at this point, seriously?

That Davis has played half his minutes at center. And in the playoffs, KG has played center a ton. Neither are Cs.

Perkins would be taking Davis' minutes, something you willfully ignore. And Davis has been terrible, as has Green who played SF and PF.

Arthur has sucked bad in this game :(

edit: Perkins fucking sucks, he wouldn't have swung anything other than the amount of techs for the Celtics compared to other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom