• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised that the Heat players made their shots during the last minutes of the game.

Boston probably would probably have won if not for the miracle shots.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
That Davis has played half his minutes at center. And in the playoffs, KG has played center a ton. Neither are Cs.

Perkins would be taking Davis' minutes, something you willfully ignore. And Davis has been terrible, as has Green who played SF and PF.
Your point is Davis is trash.

We make the trade - Davis gets minutes.
We don't make the trade - Davis gets minutes.

Your argument makes no sense. He would be playing backup for Pierce which has similar results.

You just aren't making sense at this point. You keep trying to make a point on this trade like everyone else but coming up too short.

Alligatorjandro said:
I was surprised that the Heat players made their shots during the last minutes of the game.

Boston probably would probably have won if not for the miracle shots.

sometimes winning takes a little luck

i'll take it

Pkaz01

Heat vs Thunder finals and Stern would need his whole army of refs. They would need to switch up every quarter or they would all pass out from blowing too many whistles. Might get to see a ref version of the malace in the palace only they would use the empty heat fan's chairs against eachother.

Gigglepoo

Alligatorjandro said:
If Pierce makes the final shot in regulation the Celtics win.

So Boston would have needed a miracle shot to win

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Miami was called for two fouls in the entire 4th quarter, one on the Ray Allen breakaway.

Doesn't mean anything on its own. I didn't notice the refs blowing calls, though I was watching on a crappy stream.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Your point is Davis is trash.

We make the trade - Davis gets minutes.
We don't make the trade - Davis gets minutes.

Your argument makes no sense. He would be playing backup for Pierce which has similar results.

You just aren't making sense at this point.

Davis would be Pierce's backup? What?

If Perkins was on the team, Davis would not be getting 22 minutes in a game he sucks in. You're delusional.

Doc would have started Perk and KG and put in JO for Perk and given baby about 10 minutes. Plus KG would NEVER have to play center.

Davis' minutes would have been significantly cut.

Also, no Jeff green.

Boston in the playoffs without Green: 116-101.
Boston in the playoffs with Green: 94-106

But yeah, Green is better than Perk.
KuGsj.gif

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
Davis would be Pierce's backup? What?

If Perkins was on the team, Davis would not be getting 22 minutes in a game he sucks in. You're delusional.

Doc would have started Perk and KG and put in JO for Perk and given baby about 10 minutes. Plus KG would NEVER have to play center.

Davis' minutes would have been significantly cut.

Also, no Jeff green.

Boston in the playoffs without Green: 116-101.
Boston in the playoffs with Green: 94-106

But yeah, Green is better than Perk.
KuGsj.gif
Egv6a.png

You are easily the worst and least knowledgeable Lakers fan on this board. Congrats.

Tom Penny

Alligatorjandro said:
If Pierce makes the final shot in regulation the Celtics win.

KG was 1-10 he blew his load last game. A decent game from him and they win. Regardless. Father time caught up. Whether this series or later on. This series would have went 7 then you have young ATL or Bulls..then Dallas OKC or Memphis. Next year it will be the same thing. Win one round. Then lottery city.

charsace

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Miami was called for two fouls in the entire 4th quarter, one on the Ray Allen breakaway.
I bring this up all the time and people said I was whining. Miami is at the top of the foul/ft hierarchy. With the Blunder coming in second.

Seriously, the last thing I want to see as a fan is winning a game because of the fucking refs. I can't stand when games are reffed like this.

I want the Thunder to win though, so I hope it's an evenly reffed game in the second half.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Egv6a.png

You are easily the worst and least knowledgeable Lakers fan on this board. Congrats.

Oooh, you salty. You make great retorts as usual. Fact is I was 100% right and when the trade happened I called out everything that happened exactly.

I said: Boston's bench would be trash and would kill Boston in the playoffs. I was right. Boston's bench has been outscored BADLY in the playoffs.

I said: Davis will have to play many minutes at C and so will KG (a point you denied). To this point, both KG and Davis have played significant minutes at C

I said: Jeff Green is terrible. I was always right here.

I said: Shaq won't be ready to give Boston anything tangible. I was right.

You're mad because I fucking called this out 2 months ago and you argued against it. And I told you I will be here to remind you when you're wrong.

Well, here I am.

KingGondo

Banned
jjasper said:
How can you not believe it you shot 25 FT in a half.
Not watching it live, just following the score ATM.

If it takes us getting to the line to manufacture a win on the road, I'll take it. Hamed fucking Haddadi shot 5x more FTs than KD in game 3.

jjasper

TylerD said:
I have come down off the ledge and am anticipating the 2nd half now. 3 fouls on Mayo and Conley is pretty nice.

And Battier. We had to use some shitty lineups the last 5 mins because no one could play.

Tom Penny

ph33nix said:
Pointless post?

The Heat and OKC are literally the only teams that magically generate 100 points with 9 assists total in 2 1st halves. That is absolutely ridiculous. It's not why the Celtics lost tonight. The officiating was far worse the other 3 games but i'm just saying.

Duki

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Celtics have no backup SF other than Green so there would be issues there.
shouldve paid trick or treat tony

solves this whole mess rofl

trade wouldnt have happened, von wafer never would have happened

p hilarious

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
Oooh, you salty. You make great retorts as usual. Fact is I was 100% right and when the trade happened I called out everything that happened exactly.

I said: Boston's bench would be trash and would kill Boston in the playoffs. I was right. Boston's bench has been outscored BADLY in the playoffs.

I said: Davis will have to play many minutes at C and so will KG (a point you denied). To this point, both KG and Davis have played significant minutes at C

I said: Jeff Green is terrible. I was always right here.

I said: Shaq won't be ready to give Boston anything tangible. I was right.

You're mad because I fucking called this out 2 months ago and you argued against it. And I told you I will be here to remind you when you're wrong.

Well, here I am.
You are trying really hard, but I've gone over your points along with some of the other people on these boards.

This Heat team is built to score points.
Perkins is hurt.
Perkins can't score.

Ideally the team isn't where I want them to be, but the trade has very little to do with the position they are in. You just aren't getting it.

I'm not salty. You are just going on and on and getting quite annoying.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
StickSoldier said:

Stupid but funny. It allowed the Thunder to go small and get some offense going.

Refs are happy with the whistles tonight, but the FThunder shouldn't really complain. Maybe Westbrook was mouthing off earlier and warned though, we don't know.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Mrbob said:
Lebron won't go to Miami. Lebron talks about his brand. No way he can expand his brand in Dwades town.

Nice pickup for the Heat if they get Bosh to come along, but the result isn't this surprising. The Bosh/Wade combo in Miami has been talked about for months.

From what I'm reading, Lebron is down to Miami and Cleveland as his choices. Which means he is staying home. Not sure why Lebron would want to do that as the Cavs has proven they cannot win a title with its current team and it isn't getting better anytime soon. Of course with Wade/Bosh combo in Miami you would think this would push Lebron in the direction of the Bulls but I guess not!

I'd love to get Lebron (my first choice), but if he isn't an option the Bulls need to hop off that bandwagon now and go get Boozer and Allen. Stop messing around trying to get a player who probably isn't interested. Or you might be left with nothing and that would be a total off season failure.

thirty said:
yes, please stop with the bron to miami shit. no way he goes unless the 3 take pay cuts, which isn't going to happen.

lebron to chicago, new jersey, or cleveland? no, not without wade or bosh.

this leaves lebron to join amare in new york.

the signs of this have been there all along, lebron just wanted to drag it out because he's a straight up narcissist.

The Chosen One said:
It ain't happening.

Unless the Hawks somehow beat the Bulls, the Heat have a rough road ahead. The Heat struggled against the SIXERS.

The Celtics boinked this game, but the Heat were suppose to win this game anyway. Celtics just need to steal one and in any close match I'll still give the Celtics the edge because they're more versatile and they're better coached. The Heat have to hope they can blow out the Celtics every game.

BruceLeeRoy said:
My friends are all worried about the Heat but there is no way they are beating us in a series. Thunder have me really worried. They have all the pieces to counter us.

reilo said:

Gigglepoo said:
I would suggest they trade Wade but what would they even get for him at this point? Honest question, because I can't imagine a team parting with a young stud (like Noah) for him.

ryutaro's mama said:
Every Heat loss has to be burning Pheeknicks up. He's probably praying to the Basketball Gods for a 30 game streak to shut NBA-Age up.

It seems like teams have figured out the Heat's weakness (pack the paint and don't let them get out in transition)

They better hope Dampier is a good short term solution...but wait...what if this is all part of the plan?

Tank so hard that Riley has to come down from on high and coach?

Maybe Miami is quitting on Spo...that would fucking suck if that was the case.

AND YOU KNOW THERE'S MOAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom