• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

Anyone feel like Battier deserves some more credit? I always thought that they got him as a steal from Houston but it seems like he really brought some leadership to this team.

The crazy thing is this series the thunder are the more experienced team. But from what we are seeing the grizzlies just won't be phased by anything. Lots of credit to Hollins also.

Pkaz01 said:
Anyone feel like Battier deserves some more credit? I always thought that they got him as a steal from Houston but it seems like he really brought some leadership to this team.

Wasn't he on the teams that got swept with Pau? He couldn't have learned skills like leadership and having a winning attitude during his time with the Rockets.

Pkaz01 said:

The crazy thing is this series the thunder are the more experienced team. But from what we are seeing the grizzlies just won't be phased by anything.

But Memphis does have some experience. Gasol has big time Olympic, Euro, and Spanish league experience, Zbo has been around the block, and Battier as you point out. Conley made a Final Four, so that can't hurt. And Tony Allen obviously has experience. The Thunder are just a 1st round team, experience wise, minus Perkins and Collison (also a Final Four).

I think not having expectations has helped Memphis immensely, too.

linsivvi

Pkaz01 said:

The crazy thing is this series the thunder are the more experienced team. But from what we are seeing the grizzlies just won't be phased by anything. Lots of credit to Hollins also.

Battier > Gay.

I don't think Houston at this stage needs him. Battier is a guy you want if you plan on making a playoff run.

The Stealth Fox

linsivvi said:
Battier > Gay.

I don't think Houston at this stage needs him. Battier is a guy you want if you plan on making a playoff run.
Pretty much. Houston had no need for him because they're gonna start from scratch now.

Pkaz01

The Stealth Fox said:
Pretty much. Houston had no need for him because they're gonna start from scratch now.
But they couldn't get a better offer from any other team? Seems strange. Maybe no one wanted him or something.

Oh and on the subject what do houston fans think is going to happen to scola?

OKC is so rattled. It's different trying to win with expectations than being the fun young guys. They're losing this game mentally, right now.

If only they got the Spurs, lol.

linsivvi

Pkaz01 said:
But they couldn't get a better offer from any other team? Seems strange. Maybe no one wanted him or something.

Oh and on the subject what do houston fans think is going to happen to scola?

Maybe they feel bad for stealing Battier from the Grizzlies? So they give them back an older Battier on a bargain.

In fact, the Grizzlies should do the same and return Marc Gasol to the Lakers.

dream said:
Looks like I need a new backup team.

Root for all 30 teams. You'll win a championship every year.

Alternatively, be like thekad and troll everyone.

Pkaz01

So Thunder fans how much do you blame Brooks for this? Hollins seems to be out coaching him this series, big time. His players are coming to play on both ends but the thunder are not even motivated or confident even though they are the favorites. He also hasn't done anything to try and get durant going (at least that i've seen anyway I can't see whats going on in the huddles but whatever it is its not working). I don't know maybe he can't do anything to get their shots to fall but again whatever his gameplan was its not working.

KingGondo

Banned
I really didn't think this would happen. Things were looking SO GOOD after the third quarter of game 3.

It's hard enough to watch the score updates on Scorecenter, it must be hideos live.

dream

EvilMario said:
Grizzlies are the default.

I know, but it seems too easy to jump on their bandwagon after they effortlessly beat the Spurs and are on the verge of occupying a permanent spot in KD's nightmares.

ryutaro's mama said:
You should go my route, man.

I think this makes more sense. Time to just become a fan of basketball until October
believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom