• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
thekad said:
Can Bulls afford Rose, Deng, Boozer, and Noah? You have to pay the luxury tax if you want to win.

Bulls probably have more money to play with, but yeah they are going to have to make some hard decisions if they don't want to go far over the cap once it's time for Rose's extension. Deng might be the first to go.

Duki

Banned
George Claw M.D. said:
Eh. Can't say what would've happened, had Westbrook not dominated the ball so much, but who's to say the game even comes down to those buzzer beaters, had Westbrook not played hero ball?
without westbrook the thunder dont ever even take the lead in regulation though

not like kd was shooting lights out at all

he ended on 9 of 20 despite the couple of easy baskets right at the end of 3rd ot padding his shit

kd is literally not good in the clutch and bestbrook carried the team for most of the game so he gets the shot

fuck the durant fellatio

although i guess kd is better at being bailed out as fuck by the refs so theres something

thekad

Banned
Basileus777 said:
That Conley contract is going to bite them in the ass. He's played pretty well recently, but 5 years/45 million for him?

Could have had the superior Lowry for, what, 5 million a year.

i ain't mad tho

Barrage

thekad said:
Can Bulls afford Rose, Deng, Boozer, and Noah? You have to pay the luxury tax if you want to win.

Let's compare the Chicago Bulls and Memphis Grizzlies directly financially. No problems there.

P.S.- Maybe not the best year to say that, considering OKC, Chicago, and Miami are barely touching the Lux Tax and at least one of those teams will be in the Finals.

thekad said:

Deng's contract is terrible and Boozer's deal is going to be a real issue down the line. The Bulls are going to have to deal with salary issues once Rose and Noah's extensions kick in and and there's a new cba.

Duki

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
and that solves what exactly? Gasol is a RFA anyway which is kind of like a franchise tag. It's not a question of whether Marc wants to stay in Memphis or if Memphis wants him, it's whether or not it's reasonable financially for a mid-market team like Memphis to have 4 players under contract making huge money. Under this hypothetical "franchise tag" they'd probably still have to pay Marc seven figures for one season then try and work out a long term extension.
oh it solves nothing long term but it means he'll still be there at least for one more season probably

so no real point talking like hes going to be an actual free agent quite yet

and its reasonable for them to pay them for one more season if it means theyre more likely to get dat sweet sweet playoff revenue which they wouldnt sniff without gasol

Pkaz01

Why the fuck is durant wearing a backpack?

and westbrook is starting to get on my nerves especially with that smirk of his. For some reason he just looks like a douche.

Man, I just don't see a clear cut favorite to come out of the West right now. While Mavs just swept the Lakers and they played great, it's obvious the Lakers had some internal problems that were fucking with them. I think the WCF should be awesome.

TylerD

KingGondo said:
Crazy, crazy game. It's games like that why I'm a sports fan. As bad as I felt after Saturday's loss, I feel just as great now. It's close to 1 AM, I have work early in the morning, and I really don't care because I'm so pumped after that win.

I wanted to cry after that shot by Vasquez went in. Westbrook (thankfully) showed the country just how good he can be, and redeemed himself to some extent. And that dagger by KD was ridiculous. I'll be replaying that crossover-behind-the-legs-pull-up-right-in-Battier's-eye in my dreams tonight. Holy shit.

And with that, I'll see you tomorrow NBA-GAF. That was fun. Great game jjasper, I have a feeling this series is going the distance.
Yep!

I won't be able to get to sleep for another hour and don't care because that was some incredible stuff. It is a best of 3 series now and that HCA is back in our hands.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Pkaz01 said:
Why the fuck is durant wearing a backpack?

and westbrook is starting to get on my nerves especially with that smirk of his. For some reason he just looks like a douche.
Exactly. He just looks like a douche. I don't really understand it but he does.

bjb

Banned
Westbrook is starting to become as unlikable as Lebron.

Also it sucks watching KG now. Growing up seeing him dominate, now he's just fighting to get up and down the court. Yeah he blew up last game, but you could tell tonight he was gassed.

Barkley just said it best, pro basketball is truly a young persons' game.

thekad

Banned
Barrage said:
P.S.- Maybe not the best year to say that, considering OKC, Chicago, and Miami are barely touching the Lux Tax and at least one of those teams will be in the Finals.

Rookie contracts and The Decision are the reasons for that. It won't last; if they want to continue contending, they're going to pay.

SamuraiX-

dIEHARD said:
They got better when he got hurt, and stayed better.

With Rudy: 31-26
Without Rudy: 15-10

They hardly had any notable victories with him out of the lineup and in their final 25 games they played:

Kings x2
Clippers x3
Timberwolves x2
Jazz
Hornets x3
Warriors
Knicks x2

The Stealth Fox

I really think that if OKC comes out of the series the Mavs will take them to school. Hard.

I think they'll deal with Memphis too but it will be a longer, tougher series.

Duki said:
without westbrook the thunder dont ever even take the lead in regulation though

not like kd was shooting lights out at all

he ended on 9 of 20 despite the couple of easy baskets right at the end of 3rd ot padding his shit

kd is literally not good in the clutch and bestbrook carried the team for most of the game so he gets the shot

fuck the durant fellatio

although i guess kd is better at being bailed out as fuck by the refs so theres something
You and Reilo are misunderstanding my post. I never suggested who should've done what. I posed a hypothetical question in response to Reilo, but my original post was just an observation that Durant seemed pissed at Westbrook dominating the ball during OT. I never suggested Durant SHOULD have dominated OT. But he was obviously mad about Westbrook doing so. That's all. No Durant fellating, here, so stand down. If you or anyone want to refute my observation regarding Durant's end game sentiments, though, by all means...

Derwind

cassell.jpg

I wish this was theKad's rockets head coach next season!!!

LOLOLOL

TylerD

Cubsfan23 said:
memphis is done, thunder will win game 6 and one of the home games
It is nice that we just need to win our home games to get to the WCF.That was the first home PO loss for the Grizz so it was nice to get over that hump.

The series is probably going 7

Derwind

TylerD said:
It is nice that we just need to win our home games to get to the WCF.That was the first home PO loss for the Grizz so it was nice to get over that hump.

The series is probably going 7

Don't sleep on the Grizz, the series is tied and they already stole a home game from you...

Sleep with one eye open bro. Just my advice....

And good luck.

Duki

Banned
George Claw M.D. said:
You and Reilo are misunderstanding my post. I never suggested who should've done what. I posed a hypothetical question in response to Reilo, but my original post was just an observation that Durant seemed pissed at Westbrook dominating the ball during OT. I never suggested Durant SHOULD have dominated OT. But he was obviously mad about Westbrook doing so. That's all. No Durant fellating, here, so stand down. If you or anyone want to refute my observation regarding Durant's end game sentiments, though, by all means...
it read like you were obv implying a suggestion as to who should have done what

and yeah durant obv was mad

doesnt mean he was right to be mad about this particular game

westbrook often chucks without reason, but he also often shoots a lot with good reason

today he carried the team for a long stretch

durant has residual mad from the previous games where westbrook definitely shouldnt have been such a moron

pilonv1

reilo said:
I'm sure the likes of Tony Parker are available if they still want a scoring point-guard, but they should just move Maynor to be a starter and get a quality shooting-guard.

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. Everyone knows that the FThunder are in a position of weakness if they're going to deal him, unless they put Ibaka or someone in the deal too. Their best bet is to find someone else who is desperate to make a deal (Lakers/Magic)

Maybe he'll be good with the right coach but this isn't like Monta Ellis jacking up 25 a game where there's no one else to pass to. Someone needs to reel this jackass in and put him in his place. Make him a facilitator or move him to the two and run the offense through someone less selfish and ego driven. What's Jerry Sloan doing?

If that doesn't work ship his dumbass to a bad team where he can hog the ball and not ruin winning teams.

Barrage

Problem is that no team will give up anything vital for Westbrook unless there's guarantee he'll resign, which means OKC (if they wanted) couldn't ship him to a bottomfeeder for a real package without Westbrook's permission.

giri

Barrage said:
I'll say it all damn day-trade Gay. The Grizzlies don't have 15 shots a game to give Gay when he gets healthy. Not if they want to continue embracing the elements that make them successful.
Ugh, no, that would be stupid. And that comments a little (very) short sighted.

The grizz lack 3pt shooters, they NEED floor spacing. Rudy gay was shooting at .396 before the injury. They need him back for spacing. He also has the size that tony allen doesn't to match up with durant.

You guys are high if you think OKC is going to trade Westbrook.

Yes, he fluctuates between Bestbrook and Worstbook in a four minute span, but he's still young and can put the opposing team on their heels. The problem is he's basically a SG masquerading as a PG. He would get FAR less shit if he wasn't the PG.

OKC should just bring in a decent traditional PG and move Chuckbrook to shooting guard. Even if the PG was a bum, this would restrain the volume of his shots since he wouldn't be bringing the ball up the court everytime.

If you have a shoot first PG *cough*DerrickRose*cough*, then he's not really a PG.
- Rondo is a PG
- Chris Paul is a PG
- Steve Nash is a PG
- Chauncy Billups is a PG
- Deron Williams was a PG.

Westbrook isn't a PG and Rose hasn't been a PG ever since he entered the MVP discussion. But not sure why Rose has consistently gotten a pass for inefficient chucking while Westbrook has been maligned for it.

The Chosen One said:
Westbrook isn't a PG and Rose hasn't been a PG ever since he entered the MVP discussion. But not sure why Rose has consistently gotten a pass for inefficient chucking while Westbrook has been maligned for it.

Rose hasn't gotten a pass for anything here. He's been mocked regularly for his inefficient scoring.

- Deron Williams was a PG.
Was?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
The Chosen One said:

Because Westbrook has the NBA's leading scorer on the team. Also the Rose's chucking usually wins them games, usually heh.

Duki

Banned
yeah but the nbas leading scorer a) doesnt play well every damn night, and b) wouldnt be the nbas leading fucking scorer if westbrook was as big a ballhog as everyone pretends he is

overcast

What a fantastic night of basketball. The Thunder series should go to 7.

I thought Westbrook played great, he deserved shit for the other games. But tonight he was significant in the win. Side note: Not sure if you guys destroyed him for the 30 shots tonight, haven't read through the thread.

J2 Cool

So basically, the idea of a scoring point guard doesn't exist?

Even at SG, the position is called shooting guard not scoring guard. They don't fit naturally into that position either, and they require the ball and the chance to drive. Ideally for both of them, they're Isiah Thomas types. Not the height of his stats, when he was 21ppg/14ast, but his 20/8.5 on 45% stats when he was winning titles. I don't see why that's not manageable.

I would not trade Gay, either. They can let Mayo go. Sam Young and Allen can cover the 2 guard as can battier who can also back up Gay. But I think Battier is a UFA this off-season, no?

Gay will take his shots from Mayo's departure, and hopefully all the really bad ones Allen would put up (aka 10+ feet out).

Gay would also be a good player to play more minutes along the bench unit which will need scoring punch.

For instance, Conley, Allen, Gay, Zbo, Gasol for the 1st 6 minutes. Then you pull Gay out for Battier for 3 minutes. Then sun out one of the bigs for Arthur and then Allen out and put Gay back in.

bench unit of: Vazquez, Battier, gay, Arthur, Gasol (or Zbo/Hadidi).

And FTR, Gay was +3 on the season in on/off differential per 100 possessions. The team has been +1.5 without him, including post-injury.

edit: Although, I'd try really hard to package Mayo and Conley for CP3. Or Deron. I doubt either has a chance, but it's worth a shot.

Mayo has to go, though. If they can get some other depth or draft picks for him would be great.

You can call them whatever label you want, but I think the point is that high volume, low efficiency scoring point guards aren't necessarily what you want on a contending team. You don't have to be a great passer, but you at least need to be something in the Parker or Billups mold where you at least know how to play in a team offense without dominating the ball.

Derwind

Duki said:
yeah but the nbas leading scorer a) doesnt play well every damn night, and b) wouldnt be the nbas leading fucking scorer if westbrook was as big a ballhog as everyone pretends he is

The fuck? Durant converted a 35 point night with only 20 shots, 16 of those points from the line.

Westbrook chucked 33 and made less than half of them and got 10 of his 40 points from the FT line.

Guess what his assist total was for 51 minutes of play? 5...

Westbrook took nearly every crunch time final shot. From the end of the half, the end of the 4th, the end of the first OT, the end of the 2OT....

At what point did he give the ball up to Durant at any key moment?

Why was Durant completely infuriated with Westbrook in todays game?

Cause I really have no fucking idea what you're talking about bro.....

Oh and westbrook has nothing to do with Durant being the leading scorer, his assist total per fucking game couldn't possibly be enough to warrant that. He only has a 7 fucking assist career total.

Durant is the nba leading scorer because he can fucking finish and gets to the line often as fuck and makes his FT.

Don't you dare start crediting Westbrook for Durants success.

SMH...

Basileus777 said:
You can call them whatever label you want, but I think the point is that high volume, low efficiency scoring point guards aren't necessarily what you want on a contending team. You don't have to be a great passer, but you at least need to be something in the Parker or Billups mold where you at least know how to play in a team offense without dominating the ball.

Maybe those guys can share their fishing rods with their teammates for the ultimate in efficient catch.

overcast

Derwind said:
The fuck? Durant converted a 35 point night with only 20 shots, 16 of those points from the line.

Westbrook chucked 33 and made less than half of them and got 10 of his 40 points from the FT line.

Guess what his assist total was for 51 minutes of play? 5...

Westbrook took nearly every crunch time final shot. From the end of the half, the end of the 4th, the end of the first OT, the end of the 2OT....

At what point did he give the ball up to Durant at any key moment?

Why was Durant completely infuriated with Westbrook in todays game?

Cause I really have no fucking idea what you're talking about bro.....

Oh and westbrook has nothing to do with Durant being the leading scorer, his assist total per fucking game couldn't possibly be enough to warrant that. He only has a 7 fucking assist career total.

Durant is the nba leading scorer because he can fucking finish and gets to the line often as fuck and makes his FT.

Don't you dare start crediting Westbrook for Durants success.

SMH...
I don't think he is crediting Westbrook for Durant's success at all. He is just saying Durant gets his points somehow. If Westbrook kept the ball to himself all of the time, there is no way in hell Durant would be the leading scorer in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom