• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Knux-Future said:
We need to find a way to circumvent the CBA to steal that man....fuck.

But I'm hearing Rumblings for an Iggy for Rudy swap...so that might help them resign Marc
Iguodala for Rudy Gay?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO hahahahah

Derwind

Barrage said:
I'll say it all damn day-trade Gay. The Grizzlies don't have 15 shots a game to give Gay when he gets healthy. Not if they want to continue embracing the elements that make them successful.

Bargnani for Gay....

exarkun

Tony Allen really fucked the Grizz tonight. Three easy layups/shots missed, one bad tip toward the backcourt (why?), and that open three. Fuuuuuuck him

reilo

exarkun said:
Tony Allen really fucked the Grizz tonight. Three easy layups/shots missed, one bad tip toward the backcourt (why?), and that open three. Fuuuuuuck him
He's super good defensively, but man, his offensive game is so terrible. Why Sam Young only played 16 minutes, I do not know.

thekad

Banned
Barrage said:
I'll say it all damn day-trade Gay. The Grizzlies don't have 15 shots a game to give Gay when he gets healthy. Not if they want to continue embracing the elements that make them successful.

They were playing fine with Gay. Conley/Allen/Gay/ZBO/Gasol is a great starting 5.

Barrage

reilo said:
Iguodala for Rudy Gay?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO hahahahah

Iggy's actually been incredible defensively this year. The Grizzlies with Andre would be terrifying.

That move doesn't solve their money problem, though.

Odom for Gay?

Why not. Odom's already fucking the Memphis mascot.

reilo

Ninja Scooter said:
Grizz are gonna let OJ walk so that's where Gay's shots will probably come from.
Yep, and Sam Young moves back to the bench and assumes Mayo's role.

SamuraiX- said:
Everyone here who says the Grizz are better without Gay and that they don't need him don't know wtf they're talking about.
Memphis wins tonight with Gay in the line-up. The guy's pretty decent in the clutch and he's got the body to help out on Durant to give Allen and Battier a breather.

Bishman

WESTBROOK_LOVES_BASKETBALL.gif.pagespeed.ce.KzD1I7rQho.gif

reilo

Why would Memphis want to trade Gay? This Memphis team needs one more piece to be ultra-competitive, and Gay fits that bill.

Barrage

reilo said:
Why would Memphis want to trade Gay? This Memphis team needs one more piece to be ultra-competitive, and Gay fits that bill.

Because not every ownership is the Lakers/Mavs, and can afford to pay 75-80 Million under a new cap...

reilo said:

The only reason it makes sense is if it's the only way they can pay Gasol. The Grizz are going to owe a ton of money to 4 players longterm if they resign Marc.

reilo

Barrage said:
Because not every ownership is the Lakers/Mavs, and can afford to pay 75-80 Million under a new cap...
Well, then they should be content with this being their ceiling then -- unless the new CBA gives them an out.

KingGondo

Banned
So here's why I didn't post after overtime started:

As I've alluded to in other posts, I just moved into a new apartment in OKC. We don't have our satellite installed yet, so once the game got good I walked down to our apartment gym and watched while typing on my iPhone, but it ran out of juice right after the game went to OT. I'm sure I looked like a dumbass sitting on an exercise bike in normal clothes rabidly typing on my iPhone and jumping around as the game went on... and I don't even care. :D

Crazy, crazy game. It's games like that why I'm a sports fan. As bad as I felt after Saturday's loss, I feel just as great now. It's close to 1 AM, I have work early in the morning, and I really don't care because I'm so pumped after that win.

I wanted to cry after that shot by Vasquez went in. Westbrook (thankfully) showed the country just how good he can be, and redeemed himself to some extent. And that dagger by KD was ridiculous. I'll be replaying that crossover-behind-the-legs-pull-up-right-in-Battier's-eye in my dreams tonight. Holy shit.

And with that, I'll see you tomorrow NBA-GAF. That was fun. Great game jjasper, I have a feeling this series is going the distance.

Barrage

reilo said:
Well, then they should be content with this being their ceiling then -- unless the new CBA gives them an out.

I don't think that's true. They can move Gay for a few bench players and a Top 5 Pick, and still be contenders without being in Cap Hell.

reilo

KingGondo said:
Westbrook (thankfully) showed the country just how good he can be, and redeemed himself to some extent.
No, no he didn't. He still was a dumbass and on multiple occasions was the sole reason Memphis even stayed within shouting distance.

Duki

Banned
look at this bandwagon fan wait so he can watch highlights before he posts

so that it looks like he actually watches 'his' okc thunder

reilo said:
Then he shouldn't have missed two buzzer beaters.
Eh. Can't say what would've happened, had Westbrook not dominated the ball so much, but who's to say the game even comes down to those buzzer beaters, had Westbrook not played hero ball?

Anyway, I'm not even saying who should've done what. Thunder won, so no point in criticizing them. Just enjoying the games, and making observations. It was a great, and exhausting night of basketball. Mavs gotta be loving this.

I don't know how the Grizz recoup in time for Wednesday, to play in OKC. Grizz 2 best players exhausted, while Thunder 2 best players are good to go.

Derwind

KingGondo said:
So here's why I didn't post after overtime started:

As I've alluded to in other posts, I just moved into a new apartment in OKC. We don't have our satellite installed yet, so once the game got good I walked down to our apartment gym and watched while typing on my iPhone, but it ran out of juice right after the game went to OT. I'm sure I looked like a dumbass sitting on an exercise bike in normal clothes rabidly typing on my iPhone and jumping around as the game went on... and I don't even care. :D

Crazy, crazy game. It's games like that why I'm a sports fan. As bad as I felt after Saturday's loss, I feel just as great now. It's close to 1 AM, I have work early in the morning, and I really don't care because I'm so pumped after that win.

I wanted to cry after that shot by Vasquez went in. Westbrook (thankfully) showed the country just how good he can be, and redeemed himself to some extent. And that dagger by KD was ridiculous. I'll be replaying that crossover-behind-the-legs-pull-up-right-in-Battier's-eye in my dreams tonight. Holy shit.

And with that, I'll see you tomorrow NBA-GAF. That was fun. Great game jjasper, I have a feeling this series is going the distance.

I just want to say I told you so with the K Dur thing. This game pretty much highlighted all of Westbrooks faults and the reasons why Durant is the only one that should be closing out the game in crunch time.....

Feels good man...

Duki said:
franchise tag guys

dont forget that its almost 100% coming

and that solves what exactly? Gasol is a RFA anyway which is kind of like a franchise tag. It's not a question of whether Marc wants to stay in Memphis or if Memphis wants him, it's whether or not it's reasonable financially for a mid-market team like Memphis to have 4 players under contract making huge money. Under this hypothetical "franchise tag" they'd probably still have to pay Marc seven figures for one season then try and work out a long term extension.

That Conley contract is going to bite them in the ass. He's played pretty well recently, but 5 years/45 million for him? ZBo's extension is going to be pretty bad in a few years too.

thekad

Banned
Basileus777 said:
But can they afford that lineup, especially with however a new cba will change things?

Can Bulls afford Rose, Deng, Boozer, and Noah? You have to pay the luxury tax if you want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom