• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
This is a good lesson for everyone: retro does not always equal good.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/5707381438_364f6c28ee.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I dunno man, those look awesome to me.

SamuraiX-

They kinda do look pretty cool.

I'll see what I think after one season of having to stare at them.

I detested the new Warriors uniforms at first, but now I kinda like them.

Bread said:
I dunno man, those look awesome to me.

They look fantastic.

Jerseys always look flat on the store page and they looked pretty good on Crawford and Wall. I love the new logos. There is still a logo of the old wizard finger roll out there but that shit is not going to be around anymore other than the store.

photo.jpg

^ better look

2vifqpt.png

^ logo likely to be in the middle of the court.

I'm pleased...now lets win the lottery!!!

SamuraiX-

The one Wall is wearing looks the best.

I'm guessing the other is either an away uniform or an alternate?

But yeah, at least the Wiz will look good at home games for sure.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
SamuraiX- said:
The one Wall is wearing looks the best.

I'm guessing the other is either an away uniform or an alternate?

But yeah, at least the Wiz will look good at home games for sure.
They actually don't get to wear an alternate for 2 years because of a stupid NBA rule.

Rodeo Clown

The Stealth Fox said:
They need to get rid of the stripe. The font is good though.
That's what I was thinking. The stripe in the middle kinda kills it. I don't like dark numbers on the road jersey, either.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Jerseys look pretty good. Does anyone else think the Hawks have a better chance against the Heat than the Bulls?

Not really...I like a tough defensive team that will understand the Heats limitations. The Hawks have more athleticism and offensive potential but it ends there.

The Heat should be favored in either series.

Brinbe

Like those aways a lot, but not as keen on the homes... Either way, definitely a huge improvement over the old blues by a huge stretch.

The three stripe top not good at all. Looks like some foreign flag emblazoned on their chest. And the shorts, with the star on the side is more reminiscent of texas than dc. Font looks good though.

Vire

Neat jersey's, I hated the previous iteration of the Wizards uniforms so this is a rather large improvement.

Interesting article here about Lebron and Wade together:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport.../wade-and-lebron-separate-but-very-equal.html
Sun Sentinel said:
Who’s the man? They’re both the man.

The statistics don’t lie, instead they merely confirm that the Miami Heat do, indeed, have dual alpha males in LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

To wit, through the Heat’s first nine playoff games:

LeBron has scored 228 points. And so has Wade, each averaging 25.3 points.

LeBron has 45 assists. So does Wade.

Wade has 13 steals. LeBron has 12.

Wade has 13 blocked shots. LeBron has 12.

LeBron has made 78 field goals. Wade has made 77.

LeBron has attempted 169 shots. Wade has attempted 167.

LeBron has attempted 83 free throws. Wade has attempted 80.

If you didn’t know better, you’d think they were auditioning as statistical twins.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I think those are awesome jerseys! Definite improvement and they have their own thing going, thats how you design a new jersey not the whole OKC monstrosity.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It's an improvement over the last theme, but that doesn't say much.

Btw, the "dc" logo with the hand and the basketball makes it look like it says "dic".

Blackface

Banned
Raptors really need a new look and colour scheme. I am tired of this Red shit MLSE is trying to push on all it's teams. Toronto for the longest time has been a Blue city. Rock/Argo's/Leafs/Jays.

We need to go Blue, Black and Silver.

DJ88

SamuraiX- said:
It looks like Kevin Durant bought a condo in Miami at Biscayne Bay.

http://www.900biscaynebay.com/p/gallery/

Check out some of those pictures of the interior. Mother fucker... That's like my dream living space.

Looks amazing.

Bedrooms: 3 Bedroom
Bathrooms: 3.5 Bath
Interior: 2,815 sq ft (261.5 m²)
Terrace: 759 sq ft (70.6 m²)
Total Area: 3,574 sq ft (332.1 m²)

That's what KD bought.

Edit: The new Wiz uniforms actually look pretty... cool? I guess? It'll take some time to get used to. lol
That building is literally right across the street from the American Airlines Arena. Doesn't Wade already live in a penthouse there?

You should look at the other buildings across from the arena like Marquis and Marina Blue, they're insane.

Rodeo Clown

Blackface said:
Raptors really need a new look and colour scheme. I am tired of this Red shit MLSE is trying to push on all it's teams. Toronto for the longest time has been a Blue city. Rock/Argo's/Leafs/Jays.

We need to go Blue, Black and Silver.
So you want to look like the Timberwolves.

SamuraiX-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Jerseys look pretty good. Does anyone else think the Hawks have a better chance against the Heat than the Bulls?

Bulls definitely.

Hawks are just too stupid and inconsistent and would constantly be trying to challenge the Heat to an athletic contest, which is a recipe for disaster.

Bulls can put Deng on LeBron and Bogans/Brewer on Wade. Gibson can do a better job on Bosh than Boozer too.

Hawks have nobody who can stay in front of Wade and LeBron.

I also feel like the Bulls have better help/team defense, which is key against the Heat penetrators.

You know what cracks me up about Bill Simmons is when your listening to the BS Report and you can tell Simmons is completely uninterested in whatever someone is saying when you can hear soft little *tap *tap as he tries to quietly type up a column without them knowing.

Zep

Banned
Raptors should take the Huskies throwback color and work from there...The jersey itself it probably too plain for now a days.

Brinbe

Zep said:
Raptors should take the Huskies throwback color and work from there...The jersey itself it probably too plain for now a days.
Man, I wish. But that would obviously just make too much sense... But I wouldn't bet against another wholesale refresh in a 3/4 years, especially when/if BC eventually gets the boot (assuming he gets re-upped), and we're still the same craptastic lotto-bound team (which, of course, is a strong possibility).

Blackface

Banned
Brinbe said:
Man, I wish. But that would obviously just make too much sense... But I wouldn't bet against another wholesale refresh in a 3/4 years, especially when/if BC eventually gets the boot (assuming he gets re-upped), and we're still the same craptastic lotto-bound team (which, of course, is a strong possibility).

If we have a lottery bound team in 4 years it means we traded Ed Davis and Demar Derozan, and somehow our next couple lottery picks were all busts.

commish said:
With what team does Ray Allen go into the hall of fame?
I dont think anyone goes into the basketball HoF with any particular team. That's a baseball thing because the bronze bust is wearing a hat with a team logo on it.

KingGondo

Banned
Liking the new Wiz jerseys. They still need to change their name though. I like them about as much as Golden State's new look: not perfect, but a big upgrade.

I'm hoping and praying we get a uni redesign next year... :( The home uniforms are nice, but we need to redesign the road ones ("OKC" on the chest would be a good start) and an alternate would be cool.

Barrage

Blackface said:
If we have a lottery bound team in 4 years it means we traded Ed Davis and Demar Derozan, and somehow our next couple lottery picks were all busts.

You say that like the Raptors don't have a hstory of fucking up years of Lotto picks consecutively.

Blackface said:

Davis is going to be solid, maybe prime Andris Biedrins except a little shorter, but DeRozan sucks and the next two drafts suck.

ph33nix said:
Just found out there's an In-And-Out being opened today right in my backyard here in Texas.

So California people what do I get!?

In-N-Out in Texas? Hmm seems wrong.

The Classic:

Double Double / Animal Style w/ Grilled Onions
Animal Style Fries

KingGondo

Banned
Living so close to that hot hellhole of urban sprawl called DFW has its perks. I will be visiting In-N-Out every time I'm down there.

Not to mention that there's a pretty good chance they'll open one in OKC in the next couple of years. :D

Derwind

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Davis is going to be solid, maybe prime Andris Biedrins except a little shorter, but DeRozan sucks and the next two drafts suck.

Derozan is decent, young and has shown he's willing to improve on area's he needs to work. I have no doubt he has a good future ahead of him as a basketball player, so long as he keeps with his work ethic.

Amir Johnson is also pretty good and would be perfect coming off the bench and helping the raps keep a lead while the our future starters are resting up.

Barbosa is a proven scorer & sixth man and has experience under his belt. But its not exactly certain he'll want to continue with the Raps.

And another good bench, role player is Bayless.

Everybody else on the Raps can eat dick, either shitty players or horrible contracts.....I want them gone....all gone!!!!

SUPREME1

Banned
ph33nix said:
Just found out there's an In-And-Out being opened today right in my backyard here in Texas.

So California people what do I get!?

So wait,

You are not arab, and now you're not even in Miami?

On your first visit, you should probably get a double-double animal style. Once you get that out of the way, you can do the following from then on out:

Get two cheeseburgers, animal style...
Fries animal style...
Shake or 7-Up.

You could also go for a 4 x 4, but I've never done it myself.

You can also just ask for the sauce packets and dip your fries if you don't want it animal style.

Don't forget to look under your cup for a biblical surprise!!

Derwind

No one has been more aggressive in tracking that potential move than the Orlando Sentinel, who created a website application that allowed users to dress up Howard in the jerseys of different teams, including the Lakers. (An image from the application is shown to the right.) On Monday night, Howard took to Twitter to criticize the paper for its coverage of his future (all sics are his). "Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh"

Well it seems like Howard wants to stay in Orlando from that comment.

I actually did want to see which team other than Orlando he's be heading too... he's such a buzz kill....

And he uses MSN speech "Y" & "Pls" & "u".....smfh

The only thing I approve of was the "Smh", everything else should not have happened!!! SMFH!!!!

So what does this mean for everyone????

Knicks? Lakers? Boston?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom