• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Ok Lakers age, now that it looks like Kobe is on the downside of his career it is time to reflect on this past decade and list our highlights and lowlights.

For me my favorite game remains game 7 of the WCF against Portland which started in misery and ended in that famous alley oop. Before that there were not nearly as many Laker fans and though most of us thought the Lakers were the best team in the league there were still a lot of doubts seeing our past playoff failures. If we don't win that game this decade obviously turns out a lot differently.

Worst moment is definitely the loss to the Celtics in the finals and seeing that fat faker Pierce get to win a title over the Lakers. The revenge we got in 2009 was nice, but it still can't wash the stink off of the 2008 Finals.

Other highlights: 81, 0.4, Horry for 3 against the Kings, dominating the 2001 playoffs (going 15-1), Kobe's game winner against Phoenix in 06 (lowlight was Tim Thomas 3), Gasol era, Shaq and Kobe when it worked, Karl Malone and Mexican girls, and of course Madsen dancing after the first 3 titles.

Laker fans have definitely gotten a little too spoiled and most can't seem to appreciate how good it was to be a Laker fan for the last 14 or so years. I mean even though we sucked in the playoffs before Phil got there, those teams were stacked and a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully Dr. Buss can stick around long enough to build one more title contender before he dies in the arms of whichever hot women he is sleeping with on that particular night.

Branduil

Blackface said:
you have one of the best defensive front courts in the league.
0070_pq3p.gif

bionic77 said:
Worst moment is definitely the loss to the Celtics in the finals and seeing that fat faker Pierce get to win a title over the Lakers. The revenge we got in 2009 was nice, but it still can't wash the stink off of the 2008 Finals.

I knew you were a phony fan.

:|

linsivvi

Derwind said:
Well it seems like Howard wants to stay in Orlando from that comment.

I actually did want to see which team other than Orlando he's be heading too... he's such a buzz kill....

And he uses MSN speech "Y" & "Pls" & "u".....smfh

The only thing I approve of was the "Smh", everything else should not have happened!!! SMFH!!!!

So what does this mean for everyone????

Knicks? Lakers? Boston?

It's the same newspaper that helped push Shaq away, so....

bionic77

ryutaro's mama said:
I knew you were a phony fan.

:|
My bad, 2010! I am typing this shit outside of a Starbucks in between "working" while being stuck in Scranton PA. :(

I was there after Magic in the glorious era of Cedric the Great and I will be here after Kobe goes when our best player is one of Shawn Kemp's bastards!

Derwind said:

I actually did want to see which team other than Orlando he's be heading too... he's such a buzz kill....

The only thing I approve of was the "Smh", everything else should not have happened!!! SMFH!!!!

Knicks? Lakers? Boston?

The Orlando sentinel should just fire their entire staff. Seriously.
That article about Atlanta "Birdbrains" was incredibly unprofessional. Local writers are supposed to lean towards the home team, but have a sense of objectiveness too. It was just stupid beyond belief.

Derwind

bionic77 said:
My bad, 2010! I am typing this shit outside of a Starbucks in between "working" while being stuck in Scranton PA. :(

I was there after Magic in the glorious era of Cedric the Great and I will be here after Kobe goes when our best player is one of Shawn Kemp's bastards!

Goodbye-Michael-gif-the-office-21673050-300-169.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The only player in the playoffs with a higher usage rate -- Derrick Rose -- plays on a team built for defense, where he's expected to carry the offensive load but has nevertheless been talking about cutting down his attempts anyway.

Westbrook is second out of all playoff contenders in terms of using his team's possession. Trailing him are noted gunners Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant, Manu Ginobili, Dwight Howard, LeBron James and every other non-MVP in the NBA. Meanwhile, Westbrook less efficient than everyone in the top ten except 'Melo.

Durant is ninth in the NBA in true shooting percentage -- a measure that smartly accounts for two-pointers, three-pointers and free throws -- in these playoffs. Westbrook is outside the top 50 -- and sixth on his own team.
Ship his ass out, Presti!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
In case you guys didn't know, with the Vikings announcing their stadium deal out in Arden Hills, TWolves death watch is on. There won't be any real public outcry when Glen Taylor announces he's selling to some group from San Jose or Seattle, though.

EvilMario said:
If only the Knicks could trade for Westbrook, but they have no pieces left.
Pretty sure Bill Walker and Toney Douglas will get it done. Knicks will even throw in Jerome Jordan since Thunder love big guys so much!

Rodeo Clown said:
In case you guys didn't know, with the Vikings announcing their stadium deal out in Arden Hills, TWolves death watch is on. There won't be any real public outcry when Glen Taylor announces he's selling to some group from San Jose or Seattle, though.

:(

Poor Rodeo...

exarkun

KingGondo said:
Living so close to that hot hellhole of urban sprawl called DFW has its perks. I will be visiting In-N-Out every time I'm down there.

Not to mention that there's a pretty good chance they'll open one in OKC in the next couple of years. :D

The D isn't so much urban sprawl as is the FW.

All these in n out recommendations sound like if I want to try it, it'll have to be my only meal the for the day or some shit because of how many calories are in that ish. Sounds pretty cheesy, is it?

I'll prolly hit em up next week when the newness has died down a little.

Rodeo Clown

Adam Blade said:
:(

Poor Rodeo...
Glen Taylor brought it on himself. He mismanaged the team for years, using it as an outlet to employ his family. Then he asks for $200M to renovate Target Center in the middle of a 2 year stretch where the team won 32 games, and the public reacts accordingly. He realized the only way for the renovations to go through was to attach it to a Vikings stadium, and the Vikings weren't having that.

Maybe Craig Leipold likes basketball and could move the Wolves out to the XCel Center.

jman2050

I want to be shocked and appalled at the Orlando Sentinel but I've been seeing that type of shit from that newspaper the entire ~10ish years I lived there previously so I'm used to damn near anything they write at this point.

Derwind

HoopsHype said:
Phil Jackson to the Knicks in 2012? Don't rule it out. According to an NBA source, Jackson is definitely through with the Lakers, but would not rule out him coaching again in the NBA.

Phil Jackson a Knickerbocker? What y'all think???

Rodeo Clown

Adam Blade said:
Btw Rodeo, any news on Scrubio coming over next year? And how has he done in the Euroleague this year?
Just the statement form his Spanish agent basically saying, "Yeah, Dan Fegan says he should go, and Barca wants him out, bur Rubio's not so sure." I'm done with this dude.

bionic77

The best fit for Phil would be the Heat where he could actually teach LBJ and Wade how to play off the ball and install some kind of offense for that team, but thankfully it looks like Phil is totally done with basketball and if he ever comes back hopefully the Heat's window will have closed.

Blackface

Banned
Derwind said:

Knicks? Lakers? Boston?

Americans use AIM not MSN you silly Canadian.

effzee

ryutaro's mama said:
I already asked about that swerve scenario last night.

Makes sense--Melo and Amare would be perfect for the triangle if they could figure it out.

Phil is not coming back unless the very best player in the league is on his team. Along with a 2nd superstar.

Maybe Miami if they don't win one this season or the next.

Derwind

ryutaro's mama said:
I already asked about that swerve scenario last night.

Makes sense--Melo and Amare would be perfect for the triangle if they could figure it out.

Melo seems like he's perfect for the triangle but I'm not sure about A'mare....

All & all, I'd rather see Phil just relax and retire, he's already locked for GOAT coach, what more does he want. XD

A fourth three peat?

bionic77 said:
Ok Lakers age, now that it looks like Kobe is on the downside of his career it is time to reflect on this past decade and list our highlights and lowlights.

For me my favorite game remains game 7 of the WCF against Portland which started in misery and ended in that famous alley oop. Before that there were not nearly as many Laker fans and though most of us thought the Lakers were the best team in the league there were still a lot of doubts seeing our past playoff failures. If we don't win that game this decade obviously turns out a lot differently.

Other highlights: 81, 0.4, Horry for 3 against the Kings, dominating the 2001 playoffs (going 15-1), Kobe's game winner against Phoenix in 06 (lowlight was Tim Thomas 3), Gasol era, Shaq and Kobe when it worked, Karl Malone and Mexican girls, and of course Madsen dancing after the first 3 titles.

Laker fans have definitely gotten a little too spoiled and most can't seem to appreciate how good it was to be a Laker fan for the last 14 or so years. I mean even though we sucked in the playoffs before Phil got there, those teams were stacked and a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully Dr. Buss can stick around long enough to build one more title contender before he dies in the arms of whichever hot women he is sleeping with on that particular night.

First Road Team to win a Game 7 on the road in 20 years was pretty damn sweet.

But Game 7 against Portland started it all, and thus, is still the the tops. Ending so many would-be up and comers has been pretty satisfying.

How is Steph not a traditional PG? I know most people don't pay attention to the warriors but if you watch him play, you can see that he definitely is a good distributor. Personally I think he's got steve Nash potential

Curry's good. Personally, I'd like him instead of a pricier option. Shoots the lights out and seems like he's stable.

SUPREME1 said:
He looks like his idol, LeBron?
let's not insult lebron anymore.

effzee said:
Phil is not coming back unless the very best player in the league is on his team. Along with a 2nd superstar.

Maybe Miami if they don't win one this season or the next.
yup.
the only situation phil comes back is if that bitch pau is traded for dwight.

3rdman

linsivvi said:
It's the same newspaper that helped push Shaq away, so....
Uh...no.

Howard (like Shaq before him) simply doesn't want to stay in Orlando. Do you think he gives a shit what the papers think? All he is doing here is laying down the foundation for the excuses he'll have when he bolts for a bigger market.

Shaq was far more overt about it. I lived in Orlando at that time he played there and he was worshiped...he could have eaten children from the local schoolyards and nothing would have happened to him but (and this is a direct quote from Shaq at the time) he was a "big fish in a little pond". He lead Orlando to believe they had a chance in keeping him and at the end of the season, he bolted.

KingGondo

Banned
exarkun said:
The D isn't so much urban sprawl as is the FW.

All these in n out recommendations sound like if I want to try it, it'll have to be my only meal the for the day or some shit because of how many calories are in that ish. Sounds pretty cheesy, is it?

I'll prolly hit em up next week when the newness has died down a little.
I'm not a big burger guy, and In-N-Out is the very best I've had from a chain. And I definitely wouldn't describe it as cheesy, although you can customize almost everything you order using the secret menu.

Very fresh ingredients, simply prepared and presented with great customer service.

My wife and I are about to take a weekend road trip to Frisco to IKEA, we will definitely be making a pit stop. :)

Actually, Dwight looks pretty natural in a Clippers or Knicks uniform. I think it might be because some of the colors are similar to Orlando's.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I wouldn't mind him coming here to Boston. I still think the best scenario would be him going to the Knicks.

The Knicks? Can't say I would be overly thrilled with that but then again I'm fine with whatever trades force Lebron to grow old with the only ring on his finger being a blow pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom