• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

Jeff-DSA

The shadow front office is real.

xlarge.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
As somebody else said Jan isn't the toughest schedule for the knicks. THey do still have 2 PG on the roster and if shump comes back first he can guard the PG's and let Kidd worry about 2 guards.

thekad

Banned
Speaking of point guards.

I'm so stoked to watch Tinsley "guard" CP3 over the next 2 games.

lol ESPN.. they had the Nuggets as the #1 seed.

Hollinger's ranking has them as the 5th best team in the league right now. Still has the Griz 8th though...

He is a SF right?

Haven't seen him play much tho

Yeah he's a SF. He plays with an attitude like MWP and was probably one of the most selfish dudes playing last year. So he's got some red flags. He's a beast athlete though, so he's worth the risk in the mid 1st I think.

Omega

Banned
basketball couldn't be any better now

1. knicks are better than the lakers
2. everyone is finally seeing that Dwight is an overrated piece of shit, better late than never i suppose
3. Nets are being exposed as bigger frauds than Dwight

only thing that would make this season better is if we got rid of Felton

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
basketball couldn't be any better now

1. knicks are better than the lakers
2. everyone is finally seeing that Dwight is an overrated piece of shit, better late than never i suppose
3. Nets are being exposed as bigger frauds than Dwight

only thing that would make this season better is if we got rid of Felton

You did for 4 to 5 months! Wish granted

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still think Brooklyn finishes the season with a better record than NY

giri

Be no worst than West or Bibby

Delonte was balling fine last year. He just let his crazy out, and that finger injury got bad.

If his hands healed he's the only legitimate NBA player on that list.

Though, with Amare coming back, they're better off letting a much smarter player, J.Kidd, initiate and run the offense and get things settled before letting a dumb ass like felton/smith/shump run the offense.

Omega

Banned
I still think Brooklyn finishes the season with a better record than NY

how? this team is beyond awful

have you watched them play?

and don't think I'm some delusional Knicks fan. I know we're nowhere near as good as our record but there's no way the Nets finish with a better record than us

DY_nasty

With PJ? No way

It really rides more on Camby than anyone else. He could potentially mask all of that team's mistakes but I don't know if he has it in him. If he had KobeKneeKinetics, I'd actually consider them a threat against Miami.

I think PJ is better than Avery for this kind of team though. No one holds a great PG back like Avery. That team needs flexibility - and even if their plan is shit under PJ, its still a better plan than Avery's.

Edit: Didn't Knicks-age realize that I rescinded my bet offer with you guys after he was signed and looked to be able to play? One more good year from Camby and the Knicks could actually be a threat to Miami in a bad series. If he can't get to that level he was 2 or 3 years ago, then NY is just another 2-15 team - but made of whining, inconsistent bitches that love to fold.

It really rides more on Camby than anyone else. He could potentially mask all of that team's mistakes but I don't know if he has it in him. If he had KobeKneeKinetics, I'd actually consider them a threat against Miami.

I think PJ is better than Avery for this kind of team though. No one holds a great PG back like Avery. That team needs flexibility - and even if their plan is shit under PJ, its still a better plan than Avery's.
Is he that good?

DY_nasty

Is he that good?

His best qualities as a player address NY's biggest deficiencies directly. And he'd slap the shit out of Felton.

I don't know why people were even discussing Sheed like he'd matter. Dude is so high that he couldn't feel his knees give out 3 months ago.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Edit: Didn't Knicks-age realize that I rescinded my bet offer with you guys after he was signed and looked to be able to play? One more good year from Camby and the Knicks could actually be a threat to Miami in a bad series. If he can't get to that level he was 2 or 3 years ago, then NY is just another 2-15 team - but made of whining, inconsistent bitches that love to fold.

PJ is an awesome ast coach but a horrible head coach

Don't think the season will be salvageable if they don't get a real coach

His best qualities as a player address NY's biggest deficiencies directly. And he'd slap the shit out of Felton.
lol yeah right. This ain't 2001 anymore.
I don't know why people were even discussing Sheed like he'd matter. Dude is so high that he couldn't feel his knees give out 3 months ago.
Sheed stretches the defense with his range, is an excellent post defender, and still can post people up when he gives a fuck. Stop spitting half-truths/trolling Charles.

giri

PJ is an awesome ast coach but a horrible head coach

Don't think the season will be salvageable if they don't get a real coach

You know who would be good, Sloan.

But yeah.

I don't think this is a Mac 10 team either.

They're really going to have to go looking hard to find a decent one.

masud

Banned
Prok's gonna go after Phil. An who knows Phil might still be pissed about the Lakers doing him dirty and say yes...

DY_nasty

lol yeah right. This ain't 2002 anymore.

Sheed stretches the defense with his range, is an excellent post defender, and still can post people up when he gives a fuck. Stop spitting half-truths Charles.
You want to talk about 2002?

The motherfucker shoots 32% from 3 and can't guard anyone that belongs in a starting lineup. What in the fuck are you talking about. You already have a worthless crash test dummy in Novak - you need another one that gets T'd up every other week? Good fucking eye for talent, Isiah.

Half of yal never even bothered to watch 3 solid games from Camby over the past season and a half. But keep banking on Ronnie Brewer 3s and Shump's flattop.
Nope it don't

I know you want it to be true

I doubt it'll be pretty, but the same thing was said about VDN - and I could've sworn I ended up being right about him too. Even if he is still an idiot, he did eventually manage to get an efficient product on the floor and he does it by being hands off and letting great players work it out.

NJ's ceiling isn't as high LAC's, but they'll gel in the same way towards the end of the year by PJ being someone that they can tune out when they need to. Avery teams never have fluidity.

Top Bottom