• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You know who would be good, Sloan.

But yeah.

I don't think this is a Mac 10 team either.

They're really going to have to go looking hard to find a decent one.

Mac 10 wouldn't be good

Shaw maybe or the other Pj

Or Larry Brown might actually be a decent fit

linsivvi

So what have I missed? Oh Avery fired? Wow....

I'd be ok with that if wrestling gifs are bannable.

Yeah at least you post pics of pretty girls that I don't give a shit about instead of ugly men that I don't give a shit about.

Prok's gonna go after Phil. An who knows Phil might still be pissed about the Lakers doing him dirty and say yes...

He's still sleeping with the best Laker ever in LA. I don't think he's going to Brooklyn.

Guys, if I ordered League Pass on TV (Verizon FIOS) don't I also get NBA TV? Those fucks are telling me I don't and I swear you do

masud

Banned
Why is dy pretending that we weren't aware of Camby's potential impact? Pretty sure I said it was the most significant signing in the summer. It just didn't appear that he was anywhere near being ready because Woodson refused to play him then he got hurt.

edit: Larry Brown wants nothing to do with the NY media anymore.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
btw Dy:

M. Camby 12:57 +6 9 rebounds 4 offensive 1 block shot 4 points

Its almost like I didn't just go out of my way to gas up Camby and go into detail as to why I took my offer off the table (also, I remember Knicks-age being shook as fuck when I laid it out back in the offseason).

I'm only thinking that NY is going to be dumb as hell when it comes to reintegrating Amare and Shump. Close wins over PHX, Loveless MIN, and CHA aren't exactly something to be happy about if you're aiming to do anything other than make the playoffs then get your back blown out.

You want to talk about 2002?

The motherfucker shoots 32% from 3 and can't guard anyone that belongs in a starting lineup. What in the fuck are you talking about. You already have a worthless crash test dummy in Novak - you need another one that gets T'd up every other week? Good fucking eye for talent, Isiah.
You seem very angry, so let me spell it out for you.

When the Knicks went 2nd unit with Wallace/Anthony/Novak/JR/Kidd or Felton, it gave the Defense a choice whether to double Carmelo and allow an open 3 point shooter, and what usually would happen is the ball would swing around to give a guy a wide open 3. You know, the thing that had been sustaining the Knicks O. Wallace has also done a nice job guarding post-up bigs, but that's all he can do right now. That's literally his role: hit a occasional 3, shotblock, and BALL DON LIE. Who's crowning him? He's a nice piece in a rotation, that's all.

I was touting Camby in July when half of GAF was trolling "Knicks worst offseason 2012", so recognize Charles. All this venom ain't healthy for you.

DY_nasty

Why is dy pretending that we weren't aware of Camby's potential impact? Pretty sure I said it was the most significant signing in the summer. It just didn't appear that he was anywhere near being ready because Woodson refused to play him then he got hurt.

edit: Larry Brown wants nothing to do with the NY media anymore.

Weren't you banned shortly after? I remember you but everyone else kept talking about re-signing Novak and Shump's return like those things actually mattered. Coming back from a knee injury, defense is the last thing to show up... and perimeter defense is low on the list of things that NY needs to work on.

I also think NY is gonna do some dumb shit like sign Delonte...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Camby can give you a good defensive performance once every 5 games. For the other 4 games, 2 of those he doesn't give a fuck and the other 2 he's injured.

Depending on your religion, Dy might pay your bills.

/bow

DY_nasty

You seem very angry, so let me spell it out for you.

When the Knicks went 2nd unit with Wallace/Anthony/Novak/JR/Kidd or Felton, it gave the Defense a choice whether to double Carmelo and allow an open 3 point shooter, and what usually would happen is the ball would swing around to give a guy a wide open 3. You know, the thing that had been sustaining the Knicks O. Wallace has also done a nice job guarding post-up bigs, but that's all he can do right now. That's literally his role: hit a occasional 3, shotblock, and BALL DON LIE. Who's crowning him?

I was touting Camby in July when half of GAF was trolling "Knicks worst offseason 2012", so recognize Charles.

Only you would think that Rasheed Wallace means anything. For every possession of "good defense" he's jacked up 7 or more shots a game. Wasting possessions and putting pressure on the transition defense that he can't keep up with.

Clown rebuttals

Its almost like I didn't just go out of my way to gas up Camby and go into detail as to why I took my offer off the table (also, I remember Knicks-age being shook as fuck when I laid it out back in the offseason).

I'm only thinking that NY is going to be dumb as hell when it comes to reintegrating Amare and Shump. Close wins over PHX, Loveless MIN, and CHA aren't exactly something to be happy about if you're aiming to do anything other than make the playoffs then get your back blown out.

So you are telling me you have standards for knicks,thanks! the PHX game there was no shump,amare,melo and sheed. wolves game there was no shump,amare,camby,sheed. also wolves are still great without love. Even miami let bobcats get close anyways. shump will be no problem ,amare is more of a question but he can only help i believe.

SamuraiX-

Rewatching this OKC @ MIA Christmas game again, it's hilarious that the refs are now giving Mario Fucking Chalmers superstar treatment.

So many one-sided whistles.

Only you would think that Rasheed Wallace means anything. For every possession of "good defense" he's jacked up 7 or more shots a game. Wasting possessions and putting pressure on the transition defense that he can't keep up with.

Clown rebuttals

huh?sheed has been playing well.

reilo

Dy isn't spiteful. You motherfuckers are gassing up Camby and Sheed as the answer to your rebounding and defensive woes.

DY_nasty

I'd take the bet if I didn't already have adam by the scruff of his neck for the rest of the season.
So you are telling me you have standards for knicks,thanks! the PHX game there was no shump,amare,melo and sheed. wolves game there was no shump,amare,camby,sheed. also wolves are still great without love. Even miami let bobcats get close anyways. shump will be no problem ,amare is more of a question but he can only help i believe.
Melo can go 1/10 any given night, Shump was worthless on O last season and he'll be average at best on defense this year coming back from the knee injury - he's a less ugly Brewer, but whatever, Camby just showed up, and Sheed is a old, angry black Byron Mullens.

I don't know why you guys pick a different scapegoat every two games.
Dy isn't spiteful. You motherfuckers are gassing up Camby and Sheed as the answer to your rebounding and defensive woes.
huh?sheed has been playing well.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3006/gamelog

"playing well"

Shump was worthless on O last season and he'll be average at best on defense this year coming back from the knee injury - he's a less ugly Brewer, but whatever

Yeah no. I watched every single game he played; He's going to evolve a dynamic offensive player.

Are those the only games you remember? Lol good lord u r a bitter one. Every good team goes thru a few of those games.

Were doing solid considering the injuries and setbacks. We still have plenty to work on but its only december.

I'd take the bet if I didn't already have adam by the scruff of his neck for the rest of the season.

Melo can go 1/10 any given night, Shump was worthless on O last season and he'll be average at best on defense this year coming back from the knee injury - he's a less ugly Brewer, but whatever, Camby just showed up, and Sheed is a old, angry black Byron Mullens.

I don't know why you guys pick a different scapegoat every two games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3006/gamelog

"playing well"

no even when melo doesn't start well he picks up later like 19 pts in the 4th qt the other day. usually someone else carries him when he is off like jr smith. sheed is old but he only needs to give us some good minutes. Our bench is deep enough. Amare will give us more pts inside instead of just jump shots.

C'mon guys, I'm engaging Dy going Charles Barkley troll because I think I can flip him with rational discussion/stats and I'm bored. What's your reasons?

Clown rebuttals
So... basically you're shitting on Mike Woodson, because he's basically said if he's wide open beyond the arc he's encouraged to shoot. If he passes up wide open 3s Carmelo would get doubled. I'm not saying he hasn't taken bad shots, but you make it like he's ripping the ball out of Will Smith's hands and chucking it at the basket 40 feet away.

It's similar to the Felton situation in the PnR, except that Felton kept taking shitty floaters because he's kinda a knucklehead.

EDIT: Did you just just say I propped up Ronnie Brewer? Fucking Pringles, man...

DY_nasty

Yeah no. I watched every single game he played; He's going to evolve a dynamic offensive player.

He's a dunker that can't even dunk

Beautiful form on his 3 - but can't make shit

He was a laughable finisher at the rim and he couldn't put the ball on the court twice without something bad happening. These guys only look good in comparison to Jared Jeffries and Landry Fields. They aren't winning you anything in the playoffs and they aren't guys you can count on down the final stretch of the season when you're trying to get the best playoff position.

yeah NOW its only december

a couple of pages ago they were blowing loads for beating miami

the problem isn't that teams come back and catch ny, they get slapped around because their weaknesses are out in the open and they're self-defeating from bad shots, to throwing hissy fits when things don't go their way.

masud

Banned
Weren't you banned shortly after? I remember you but everyone else kept talking about re-signing Novak and Shump's return like those things actually mattered. Coming back from a knee injury, defense is the last thing to show up... and perimeter defense is low on the list of things that NY needs to work on.

I also think NY is gonna do some dumb shit like sign Delonte...

Knicks perimeter d is terrible and has been all season. They rotate well but they can't guard anyone on the perimeter in isolation. Dallas figured this out first and other teams like Houston have exploited it as well. Shump will have an impact. And I know you think you know how Shump is gonna turn out but I think he can improve on offence.

And I'd rather give James White's minutes to Deonte while Feltons out. Delonte was doing the kinda stuff we need for Dallas last year. Don't see how that's dumb.

Knicks perimeter d is terrible and has been all season. They rotate well but they can't guard anyone on the perimeter in isolation. Dallas figured this out first and other teams like Houston have exploited it as well. Shump will have an impact. And I know you think you know how Shump is gonna turn out but I think he can improve on offence.

And I'd rather give James White's minutes to Deonte while Feltons out. Delonte was doing the kinda stuff we need for Dallas last year. Don't see how that's dumb.

hell no, i don't want delonte near my team.

Why do Knicks fans overrate everyone who plays for their team

Shumpert was a decent defender who was pretty much garbage at everything else

reilo

The Knicks Margin of Victory in the last 10 games is +1.5. Basically, they are winning games by a coin flip these days.

yeah I don't wanna hear "It's only December" from a select few of you who told me I had legitimate worries about the Heat's defense in the middle of fucking November

The december thing was obviously a joke but thanks for getting riled up. Some of yall are so predictable lol

Its like some are personally offended knicks are above 500.

Top Bottom