• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Even I never gassed up Kurt Thomas, Sergio Rodriguez, or Juwan Howard.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Knicks perimeter d is terrible and has been all season. They rotate well but they can't guard anyone on the perimeter in isolation. Dallas figured this out first and other teams like Houston have exploited it as well. Shump will have an impact. And I know you think you know how Shump is gonna turn out but I think he can improve on offence.

And I'd rather give James White's minutes to Deonte while Feltons out. Delonte was doing the kinda stuff we need for Dallas last year. Don't see how that's dumb.

They get killed from perimeter players but shredded because the only big that is mobile enough to help with anything on the roster is Camby. Kurt can't do anything other than stare at people and Novak is a mascot. If your bigs can't cover, your guards can't play defense. That's why NY loses a lot more than rebounding when Chandler leaves the court - their offense is unhinged because NY only knows 1) how to get the ball to Carmelo and 2) PnR. And they can't play D because the void is simply there and its obvious that they never found a way to cover that up on the defensive end.

Do you really want to put Delonte's crazy ass in MSG lights? That's like asking YNB to color inside the lines.

Who the fuck is overrating Shumpert? I knew Shumpert wasn't worth shit on offense. Everyone knew that before he was even drafted, but to say that his defense won't have an impact is asinine. He's a blood hound when it comes to defending someone with the ball. Shit I would of been even happier if we drafted Faried instead. His rebounding would of alleviated a lot. I do think Shumpert can improve his jumper, it's not like his form is Austin Rivers bad. David Hopla FTW!

Omega

Banned
they're self-defeating from bad shots, to throwing hissy fits when things don't go their way.

these apply to nearly every team, especially the latter.

all the "stars" in the league today bitch about a no-call while their man proceeds to get an open shot/layup.

DY_nasty

Who the fuck is overrating Shumpert? I knew Shumpert wasn't worth shit on offense. Everyone knew that before he was even drafted, but to say that his defense won't have an impact is asinine. He's a blood hound when it comes to defending someone with the ball. Shit I would of been even happier if we drafted Faried instead. His rebounding would of alleviated a lot. I do think Shumpert can improve his jumper, it's not like his form is Austin Rivers bad.

SHUMPS DA GOD has been overrated since his first preseason game.

Where do you think that nickname came from? Me and Ryutaro clowning Knicks-age hype. I don't think people "got it" though. Not even after a whole year lol

Who the fuck is overrating Shumpert? I knew Shumpert wasn't worth shit on offense. Everyone knew that before he was even drafted, but to say that his defense won't have an impact is asinine. He's a blood hound when it comes to defending someone with the ball. Shit I would of been even happier if we drafted Faried instead. His rebounding would of alleviated a lot. I do think Shumpert can improve his jumper, it's not like his form is Austin Rivers bad. David Hopla FTW!

I dont remember any knicks age saying anything about his offense. Not sure where thats coming from.

Jeff-DSA

If G-TYME was a Knick, we'd hear of his conquests nonstop.

That's the only good that would come from him being a Knick.

Where do you think that nickname came from? Me and Ryutaro clowning Knicks-age hype. I don't think people "got it" though. Not even after a whole year lol

ryu gave g tyme to hayward. plus its a nice name to say when he is beastin.

HYPE? You mean the same Iman Shumpert who was booed on draft day and people were dumbfounded not knowing the who the fuck he was? Shump gets a lot of love because he plays defense and has a great attitude/personality. And a lot people call Kobe only by "Da Gawd."

reilo

ha HA! Juwan Howard was never a Knick!

I wasn't trying to list other Knick players that also played for Portland. Just stating the importance of each player in their respective roles, which was, almost non-existant and superfluous.

DY_nasty

Kurt can make 15 ft shots and Novak needs ball movement and space to shoot 3's. That's laughable how you can call someone a mascot. Bush league.

Kurt can't guard today's 4s because he's too slow and even though he's a solid rebounder and reliable shooter, NY's offense doesn't key on those types of things and that's why he loses value. Novak does absolutely nothing and he's a net negative on the court because for every 3 he hits he's giving up easy buckets, not rotating in time and causing the rest of his team to overhelp, not rebounding, not even passing in rhythm he's... he doesn't do anything. Only NY wants him. He gets people hype. He doesn't do anything at all. He's not even mobile. At least Jodie Meeks can run to a corner and occasionally beat or get away from someone. Novak can be completely neutralized and is far too often to be talked about as much as he is. If anything, he should be getting talked about more as he's net negative for his overall time on the court. He's sitting at -35 on the season.

Anyone can do what he does, yet he's still on the court. If NY wanted a decent spot up shooter, there are better ones all around the league and sitting on benches. Instead they hype him up like he's the second coming of Kerr.
HYPE? You mean the same Iman Shumpert who was booed on draft day and people were dumbfounded not knowing the who the fuck he was? Shump gets a lot of love because he plays defense and has a great attitude/personality. And a lot people call Kobe only by "Da Gawd."

Knicks fans boo'd because that's all they know how to do on Draft Day.

I was the one telling people that he had no business handling the ball while half of the Knicks fans here were saying that he could play PG because of some sourceless BS that they saw on Draft Express. Me, RBH, all the ACC fans were trying to let you know what he wasn't a savior but noooo he's got the best shot in the combine.

SHUMPGOD

reilo

Woah Woah.

Yes, you did.

wtf. No, I never did.

My record about Sergio is quite clear, especially on Blazer's Edge where I got into arguments with some dude named SergioFTW who HATED me. I liked Jarrett Jack far more while everyone was enamored with "Spanish Chocolate" and derided Nate for not playing him more.

Don't make shit up.

Iman Shumpert Rookie Year Stats:
USuPl.png

22 years old and already plays exceptional D. He needs to finish at the basket, take less 3's and work on his jumper. With all these flaws he still managed to shoot 40% and have solid numbers in his rookie season.

Kurt can't guard today's 4s because he's too slow and even though he's a solid rebounder and reliable shooter, NY's offense doesn't key on those types of things and that's why he loses value. Novak does absolutely nothing and he's a net negative on the court because for every 3 he hits he's giving up easy buckets, not rotating in time and causing the rest of his team to overhelp, not rebounding, not even passing in rhythm he's... he doesn't do anything. Only NY wants him. He gets people hype. He doesn't do anything at all. He's not even mobile. At least Jodie Meeks can run to a corner and occasionally beat or get away from someone. Novak can be completely neutralized and is far too often to be talked about as much as he is. If anything, he should be getting talked about more as he's net negative for his overall time on the court. He's sitting at -35 on the season.

Anyone can do what he does, yet he's still on the court. If NY wanted a decent spot up shooter, there are better ones all around the league and sitting on benches. Instead they hype him up like he's the second coming of Kerr.

I haven't seen Novak get his shit pushed in that hard since last year's playoffs, god damn DY.

giri

USuPl.png

22 years old and already plays exceptional D. He needs to finish at the basket, take less 3's and work on his jumper. With all these flaws he still managed to shoot 40% and have solid numbers in his rookie season.

3ast and 2TO a game, and can't shoot.

Congratulations for drafting the third Brewer brother.

DY_nasty

USuPl.png

Solid numbers like Chris Singleton. He just jumps higher and gambles more on the perimeter. And he did it with more possessions. Now he's coming back from a major knee injury and he's supposed to be better?

Also, he didn't crack 40% until February - when they finally told him to taking more than 10 shots a game.

reilo

I am a notorious Sergio hater. Wtf are you people smoking?

Both of you, ead:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10082361&postcount=1840
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10302771&postcount=6507

And, QED:

Really?

I'll let Dave from BE summarize this point for me, because I could not say it better:

http://www.blazersedge.com/comments/2008/3/21/11491/8990/29#29

My point: Sergio is not ready. His shot sucks, he plays crappy defense. While Jack is inconsistent, Sergio is far, far, FAR more inconsistent. Holy crap is he inconsistent. Plus, Jack can play with Roy - Sergio cannot co-exist playing the off-guard with Roy YET.

Question: Do you want Sergio in the 4th quarter on the FT line or Jack? Do you want Sergio in the 4th quarter when you need a defensive stop or steal or Jack? Do you want Sergio in the 4th when you need to make a basket around the rim and draw a foul or Jack?

Why is Jack's leash longer? Because he has 4 years of college experience behind him PLUS three years of NBA experience. What does Sergio have? Two years in the NBA and playing backup PG on the Spanish team.

This is why you don't play Sergio extended minutes. Since his nice stretch in the first half, he has done absolutely NOTHING.

Nori Chan

So I'm playing far cry 3 and I'm setting a marijuana field on fire with a flamethrower with reggae music blasting in the bg

this is the most fun in a game i've had a in a while

masud

Banned
Lol at Reilo talking about overhyping young players. Just lol.

Anyway, 21-8 2nd most wins in the league. Stay salty my friends.

dos-equis-guy.jpg

DY_nasty

He's not a PG, he's a SG. People act like players don't improve.

Its pretty damned hard when your a rookie, your entire game is based on athleticism, you have a major knee injury, and your team expects you to do anything better than you did last year.
He will be nothing in this league.

Because he doesn't play in NY.

Not everyone can be a complete bum like Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, Steve Novak, or Ronnie Brewer and stay relevant.

giri

He's not a PG, he's a SG. People act like players don't improve.

lol.

The contradictions and hyperbole in this one post are amazing.

Sure, he COULD improve. he COULD be come Afflalo good. But right now he's Basically aspiring to become brewer good.

BREWER GOOD.

and I'm done. My last post:
Anyway, 21-8 2nd most wins in the league. Stay salty my friends.
Who gives a fuck?

It's only December.
lol.

Sure, he COULD improve. he COULD be come Afflalo good. But right now he's Basically aspiring to become brewer good.

BREWER GOOD.
Shit he's Brewer good now. Shump's confidence and swag put him over. :p

reilo

Lol at Reilo talking about overhyping young players. Just lol.

Juwan Howard and Kurt Thomas were, literally, the two oldest players in the league at the time they were in Portland, in comparison to Marcus Camby and Rasheed Wallace, two players nearing 40.

Pay attention.

lol.

BREWER GOOD.

With a busted knee he's better than Brewer on his best day.

Top Bottom