• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

Man never thought I'd live to see the day the Clips play such great offense and defense. One or the other, maybe at some point, but not both at the same time.

I really think CP3 spent all summer getting Blake and DJ to play better defense. He said he trained them how to properly defend the PnR which killed them all last year and its really been paying dividends this year.

And Barnes is a beast. Love that guy. I get scared sometimes of how trigger happy Jamal gets but shot creation was really something that was lacking last year.

PS Ryan Hollins victory cigar (score)!!!!

Emwitus

Man never thought I'd live to see the day the Clips play such great offense and defense. One or the other, maybe at some point, but not both at the same time.

I really think CP3 spent all summer getting Blake and DJ to play better defense. He said he trained them how to properly defend the PnR which killed them all last year and its really been paying dividends this year.

And Barnes is a beast. Love that guy. I get scared sometimes of how trigger happy Jamal gets but shot creation was really something that was lacking last year.

PS Ryan Hollins victory cigar (score)!!!!

y'all can thank the lakeshow for grooming ya bench. Pass the champagne when you win that championship will ya?

diehard

Fleer
Melo is better than Bernard(who is underrated) and CP3 isn't anywhere near Zeke. CP3 is a poor man's Zeke. Melo has more in common with Barkley than he does Bernard King. Melo can do anything Bernard could, Bernard didn't do everything Melo does.

ow my head

Get that old, no defensing playing motherfucker out of here. I thought bm was gonna try and bring him up. Kobe lives off of midrange shots right now. That's fools gold.

Kobe and Carmelo both take 4.6 fgs from 16-23 feet. They both take 8fga per gam inside 9 feet. Your argument makes no sense, those two have almost identical shot charts.

Not arguing Kobe vs melo here but your criticism is stupid. They shoot from the same place.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Melo is better than Bernard(who is underrated) and CP3 isn't anywhere near Zeke. CP3 is a poor man's Zeke. Melo has more in common with Barkley than he does Bernard King. Melo can do anything Bernard could, Bernard didn't do everything Melo does.

Pfft? Bernard King and Melo stat wise are almost mirror images of each other...

Nothing like Barkely who was a career double double guy..

charsace

That's always been kobe's game. His pretty good at it too...won him some hardware.

Are you seriously comparing this old Kobe to the young one? The one that had some of the best mid air body control that the league ever saw? The one that people compared to Jordan because of his acrobatic finishes around the basket? Who dominated the dunk competition? The Kobe of the last few years isn't how he's always played.

Jazz are going to going to lose by a combined 50 points over the next two games, but at least ***** ****, Jamaal Tinsley, and Earl Watson will get more minutes than Derrick Favors :/

Emwitus

Get that old, no defensing playing motherfucker out of here. I thought bm was gonna try and bring him up. Kobe lives off of midrange shots right now. That's fools gold.

That's always been kobe's game. His pretty good at it too...won him some hardware.

Are you seriously comparing this old Kobe to the young one? The one that had some of the best mid air body control that the league ever saw? The one that people compared to Jordan because of his acrobatic finishes around the basket? Who dominated the dunk competition? The Kobe of the last few years isn't how he's always played.

Wha.....WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Whose comparing kome to kobe? LOL Like WTF

aingeshake_1.gif

How is melo better than chris paul? Paul makes his whole team better plus not counting how he covers for del useless. IMO, paul is mvp this season. If he was playing for the lakers they'd be no question.
Only reason I'm not including CP3 is because tonight's game against the celtics is the first clipper and pretty much my first time watching CP3 play and in a blowout game and I can't really judge him off blowout victory.

Someone just compared melo to Barkley? Are you not aware Barkley rebounded like a fucking beast and was really fucking efficient?
Good god.

y'all can thank the lakeshow for grooming ya bench. Pass the champagne when you win that championship will ya?

If you thought the riots after the 1999 championship was bad, I think all lifelong Clippers fans would spontaneously combust in a wonderful fireworks display if the Clips ever won a chip.

In the remains would only be a black hole with the crushing gravity of the sports history of the Clippers at its center so large as to engulf all of Southern California.

If you thought the riots after the 1999 championship was bad, I think all lifelong Clippers fans would spontaneously combust in a wonderful fireworks display if the Clips ever won a chip.

In the remains would only be a black hole with the crushing gravity of the sports history of the Clippers at its center so large as to engulf all of Southern California.
Need more than 7 fans to pull off a riot. Then again a lot of idiots will use any excuse to riot...

Cloudy

Banned

Kobe and Melo have an identical 107 (pts per 100 possessions) Defensive Rating. KD is 101 and Bron is 102. It's sad how Kobe has been slandered as some horrific defender this year.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Clipps gonna lose their linear NBA championship back to the team the beat for it...Utah.

Pimpwerx

This Clips streak is almost entirely bad teams, depending on if you consider Denver to be a bad team or not. I'm not impressed yet. PEACE.

Cloudy

Banned
This Clips streak is almost entirely bad teams, depending on if you consider Denver to be a bad team or not. I'm not impressed yet. PEACE.

The way to beat this team is to have a good enough starting lineup so they have to sit Green and/or Jordan early. Their bench advantage is too great.

Few teams have been able to do that..

Pkaz01

Hoping Mark Jackson wins it
I don't know how much of a factor his coaching is and how much of it is just steph curry and the team being healthy (except bogut)

The hawks record is very impressive imo. I haven't seen a lot of their games but their coach has to be doing something right.

giri

Hoping Mark Jackson wins it

I'll hold judgement, but i think this warriors team is going to face a long losing streak soon enough.

Woodson, Pop, Adelman,

Those 3 would be at the top of my list atm.

I don't know how much of a factor his coaching is and how much of it is just steph curry and the team being healthy (except bogut)

The hawks record is very impressive imo. I haven't seen a lot of their games but their coach has to be doing something right.

Guys in charge of the hawks and magic should be outside shots too atm.

charsace

How could you not see Bernard King/ Wilkins in Melo?

How does one get Barkley?

Before he came to the Knicks he looked like those guys. He hasn't look like either guy while on the Knicks. He asked to run the offense and share in the ball handling duties. Like Barkley.

CP3 isn't anywhere near Zeke? What is this fuckery?

thekad

Banned
Before he came to the Knicks he looked like those guys. He hasn't look like either guy while on the Knicks. He asked to run the offense and share in the ball handling duties. Like Barkley.

More turnovers than assists.

Kobe and Melo have an identical 107 (pts per 100 possessions) Defensive Rating. KD is 101 and Bron is 102. It's sad how Kobe has been slandered as some horrific defender this year.

Melo is a horrific defender.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Melo is averaging a career low in assists this year with the Knicks. He's actually had years where he was "ok" at 3.5APG.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Barkley ball handling?

Pimpwerx

15 games in a row isn't impressive? They've beaten 14 different teams during that span!

I believe the winning percentage of those teams is somewhere south of .400, last I checked. It's impressive to stay motivated when facing cannon fodder, but I don't think this buys them contender status, like some are giving them.

Anyway, the schedule isn't their fault. If they sustain this performance when the schedule gets tough again, then I'll give them their props. Not like that matters to them, but I'm just stating this now so I can say I told you so later. PEACE.

Top Bottom