• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

thekad

Banned
Durant scores more points, grabs more rebounds, and dishes more assists than Melo while playing better defense. He also scores way more efficiently. Also his teams have been much better.

But yeah Melo is better :lol

I believe the winning percentage of those teams is somewhere south of .400, last I checked. It's impressive to stay motivated when facing cannon fodder, but I don't think this buys them contender status, like some are giving them.

Anyway, the schedule isn't their fault. If they sustain this performance when the schedule gets tough again, then I'll give them their props. Not like that matters to them, but I'm just stating this now so I can say I told you so later. PEACE.

They're blowing all the bad teams out, though. Their SRS (which takes into account margin of victory and strength of opponents) is the best in the league.

charsace

Barkley ball handling?

You know they added the back down rule because of Barkley. Barkley on the suns would grind the shit out of guys from the 3 point line. He's the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to post up play making. And you know Barkley was a monster at pushing the ball from end line to end line.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kobe Bryant has 0.8DWS to Carmelo Anthony's 0.7DWS. They both have the same DRtg.

This Clips streak is almost entirely bad teams, depending on if you consider Denver to be a bad team or not. I'm not impressed yet. PEACE.

We've also beaten Miami, San Antonio twice, Atlanta, Chicago, Minnesota, and Utah. We took OKC to overtime in OKC despite Paul having a terrible game. I'd say we have a pretty decent resume so far.

Pkaz01

There is NO WAY OKC loses to the Clipps

are you kidding? if it turns into a run and gun game okc will lose no doubt. Westbrook does not have the self control to execute a run n gun offense especially against someone like Paul.

if the lakers had some athleticism and put in some effort on D nash would run circles around westbrook.

I don't care what the record shows right now when playoff time comes and the games go down to the wire the thunder will miss Harden more than anything especially if Westbrook is the one that has to make the play.

diehard

Fleer
We've also beaten Miami, San Antonio twice, Atlanta, Chicago, Minnesota, and Utah. We took OKC to overtime in OKC despite Paul having a terrible game. I'd say we have a pretty decent resume so far.

bullshit you didn't beat Utah.

this weekend you will but not before.

charsace

Why even talk about this when there is news. Deron got another coach fired people. Never has a bad player had so much control over a franchise.

giri

Why even talk about this when there is news. Deron got another coach fired people. Never has a bad player had so much control over a franchise.

Avery doesn't need any help from deron to get him self fired.

What a retarded comment.

Avery got him self fired.

I approve of this message. I've always felt like Deron was rather overrated.

Avery doesn't need any help from deron to get him self fired.

What a retarded comment.

Avery got him self fired.

C'mon now you know Deron had a hand in there somewhere. Avery still fucked up, but Deron definitely threw fuel into the fire.

Pkaz01

Something needed to happen on that nets team they lost too many damn games they should have won. i have too many ripped up parlays because they couldn't beat teams they were supposed to beat. And its not like anyone is taking joe johnson off their hands Avery was the easiest scapegoat.

How the fuck do you go from a secret encounters ad to a pelvic mesh one?

Cloudy

Banned
utah-jazz-phil-jackson-brooklyn-net.png

wee-bey-gif.gif

giri

I approve of this message. I've always felt like Deron was rather overrated.

C'mon now you know Deron had a hand in there somewhere. Avery still fucked up, but Deron definitely threw fuel into the fire.

Convenient story line that will be replicated by simpletons and journalists.

how did he get himself fired?

Cause he's a fucking terrible coach?

The locker room was apparently very divided and un-impressed with him.

He'd managed to install a horrifically bad offensive system.

Even crash had come out and said that their offense and team weren't playing together or hard enough.

Avery got him self fired because he's not equipped to be a NBA level head coach.

giri

There are a lot of coaches firing themselves right now then

A lot of them are hidden on teams that aren't shilling out 90m + taxes in salary this year.

Doesn't make them good coaches.

Keith Smart is a horrible coach, but you think the Kings are firing him and paying a second coach you're kidding your self.

Srsly

Banned
Lol @ Melo being anywhere near as good as Durant. Just lol. Please gtfo with that notion. Worst GAF in full effect.

Canuck76

Banned
Melo is a tier below KD/LBJ/CP3/Kobe

Maybe. I feel like he's gotten a heck of a lot better at D than he's ever been. Whole team really. His Denver bro J.R will actually give a hell of a lot of effort on D.

And honestly they really just need a go to scorer in Melo. He seems like dirk on that 2011 mavs team. He's the dude who can get buckets in iso when needed, but otherwise he fits into that offense really well. Not a shut down defender, but their team D is really good and he doesn't hinder that.

Also i agree Clips are still unimpressive to me. I think they're beating a lot of crap to decent teams, and are riding high because of their bench. They could go deep in the playoffs but i bet they get booted in the second round, blake still can't make a midrange consistently, nor can he score in the post consistently.

When the game slows down a bit and everyone's transition D is better they seem like they'll crumble.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Maybe. I feel like he's gotten a heck of a lot better at D than he's ever been. Whole team really. His Denver bro J.R will actually give a hell of a lot of effort on D.

And honestly they really just need a go to scorer in Melo. He seems like dirk on that 2011 mavs team. He's the dude who can get buckets in iso when needed, but otherwise he fits into that offense really well. Not a shut down defender, but their team D is really good and he doesn't hinder that.

Yep....

Cloudy

Banned
I hope the Clippers maintain their streak till they face the Lakers. The game is on ESPN too (Jan. 4th). That would be HYPE!

giri

I hope the Clippers maintain their streak till they face the Lakers. The game is on ESPN too (Jan. 4th). That would be HYPE!

2 things.

My condolences adam.

Why would that be epic? a top 3 WC team facing a sub .500 team? I hardly see the hype.

Nori Chan

Holy shit yesterday was not a good day at all.

so much homerism and stupid shit. just knock that one out of the record book of best gaf pls

I actually think Melo is much closer to KD than a lot of you think. I would still take KD though

The sudden TOP THREE is still ridiculous though. Great teams need talent around their star core but there a only a few players who singlehandedly change cultures and are two way players. Guys you can put absolute shit around and the player will make them look serviceable. He isnt that

Emwitus

Btw, meeks defense has been atrocious. (This might have more to do with Antoni's terrible rotations)Really, the only guys who play defense in LA are Dwight, metta and maybe jordan hill. Horrible oversight by LA scouts.

EDIT: Examples of D'antoni's crap. Having Morris guard Melo/Gallinari recently. Putting in Duhon in the game when metta fouled out in denver....and finally, oblivious to his small ball leading to us getting slaughtered by Denver on the boards.

linsivvi

I actually think Melo is much closer to KD than a lot of you think. I would still take KD though

Career average:
Kevin Durant: TS% 58.6 ORating 113 DRating 106
Carmelo Anthony: TS% 54.6 ORating 108 DRating 107
Bernard King: TS% 56.1 ORating 108 DRating 107

Bernard King 2.0 Indeed.

Oh, and don't even bring up this season, the gap between the 2 is even greater.

Top Bottom