• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

Cloudy

Banned
Watching the highlights again. Crazy how Black Mamba tried to blame Kobe for Brewer going off when Kobe barely guarded him. Why do you hate on Kobe so much, man? lol

Watching the highlights again. Crazy how Black Mamba tried to blame Kobe for Brewer going off when Kobe barely guarded him. Why do you hate on Kobe so much, man? lol

He was supposed to be guarding him, though! haha.

I was just replying to your blame of Nash which I thought was unwarranted without blaming the entire team.

I love Kobe. Thought he played a superb offensive game tonight, as well.

lol him and emwitus always do.if emwitus was here he would be livid at kobe.

No, I just try to balance out Cloudy's ball sucking. Kobe has been great this year on offense. Really, only the Warriors game was I complaining about.

Cloudy

Banned
I was just replying to your blame of Nash which I thought was unwarranted without blaming the entire team.

I pointed out that Nash's defense is horrendous but I didn't blame him for the loss. With all the credit he's been getting recently (and he's been great), surely his flaws can be pointed out lol. I mean, the Denver announcers mentioned how Nash had led us on a 5gm winning streak (even though he only played in 2) and introduced Kobe and Dwight as his supporting cast!

I love Kobe. Thought he played a superb offensive game tonight, as well.

I thought he played good defense as well. He got backdoored by Brewer on a switch and left Gallo open on a 3 while helping Nash but I didn't see anything else bad. I really get mad at how folks are picking individual plays and making him out to be some shitty defender this year.

Look, he can't go all-out on defense at this age because he has so much offensive responsibility but he's not some fucking turnstile out there.

As of 12/18, his opponents were producing the least of ANY player on the team

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213LAL.HTM

it's become patently obvious that black sancha and cloving are the reason why the Lakers suck

get rid of them

I pointed out that Nash's defense is horrendous but I didn't blame him for the loss. With all the credit he's been getting recently (and he's been great), surely his flaws can be pointed out lol. I mean, the Denver announcers mentioned how Nash had led us on a 5gm winning streak (even though he only played in 2) and introduced Kobe and Dwight as his supporting cast!

I thought he played good defense as well. He got backdoored by Brewer on a switch and left Gallo open on a 3 while helping Nash but I didn't see anything else bad. I really get mad at how folks are picking individual plays and making him out to be some shitty defender this year.

Look, he can't go all-out on defense at this age because he has so much offensive responsibility but he's not some fucking turnstile out there.

As of 12/18, his opponents are producing the least of ANY player on the team

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213LAL.HTM

This can be misleading as Kobe plays SG but will often defend a SF if the SG is the better player (credit should go to ron). 82 games does not map who they defend. It is a height based system so if kobe is the SG based on height, he defends the SG based on height even if Ron is guarding him (or someone else).

I bet if you dig up synergy you'd find those are more likely Ron's numbers.

I didn't think anyone really played good defense tonight. I think the refs also took the Lakers out of their defense, though. Touch fouls and Faried getting to camp out in the paint all game made them reluctant to challenge hard (while not getting the same things on the other end). This is also the worst b2b for them and they looked old on d as a result.

If they would have boarded better they would have won, though.

PBY

Banned
Isn't Kobe's biggest issue right now his minutes? I mean this season has been rough minutes wise on him.

Cloudy

Banned
I bet if you dig up synergy you'd find those are more likely Ron's numbers.

There is no way those could be Ron's numbers. We give up by far the most points to PGs and SFs (despite Metta's alleged good defense). What SGs have scored 30 on us this year? Afflalo and Young (when he started at PG) are the only ones I can remember...

It's crazy how people nitpick Kobe for allowing 3s when gambling but it's very rare for anyone to give him 30. He is still very good on the ball and above average off it..

Our defensive stopper routinely allows 25-30pts yet Kobe's defense is criticized while he's also carrying the offense. I don't get it..

There is no way those could be Ron's numbers. We give up by far the most points to PGs and SFs (despite Metta's alleged good defense). What SGs have scored 30 on us this year? Afflalo and Young (when he started at PG) are the only ones I can remember...

It's crazy how people nitpick Kobe for allowing 3s when gambling but it's very rare for anyone to give him 30. He is still very good on the ball and above average off it..

Our defensive stopper routinely allows 25-30pts yet Kobe's defense is criticized while he's also carrying the offense. I don't get it..

But Metta is the one guarding those SGs and SFs, not Kobe. Kobe let's scrubs who get 10 per game get 18.

I just pulled the game up on LP. Kobe guarded Gee

All game? Didn't Kobe start on Gee, who had a hot first half, then switched to Miles who got hot?

Also, Gee averages 11.5, scored 17.

edit: Besides, Kobe's rotations have been the problem. more often than not he doesn't help when Dwight or hill goes to help. he just gets caught doing nothing. That's my biggest gripe.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
izul5ecwrtNQt.gif

Cloudy

Banned
All I know is Kobe is not getting broken down off the bounce or getting shots drained in his face over and over.

Points are points obviously but Kobe is not a major defensive problem on this team. Yet every game, someone takes one play and uses it to attack him as THE problem lol

Cloudy

Banned
BTW Metta was on Miles that game. Defensive stopper!

ps: I see Ebanks on Miles in the 2nd half with Metta sitting

Also, Gee averages 11.5, scored 17.

Kobe averages 30, he scored 40 today. It happens...

All I know is Kobe is not getting broken down off the bounce or getting shots drained in his face over and over.

Points are points obviously but Kobe is not a major defensive problem on this team. Yet every game, someone takes one play and uses it to attack him as THE problem lol

Because they lose every game and he is their best player.

The turnovers are down since Brown left. And they still can't win. Poor defense by everyone. Yes, they have a shitty bench. But they had every oppurtunity to do what the Clippers did. Which was stack up.

What are we looking at right now? 45-37.

Dwight playing his way into shape with a broke back, don't make much sense to me. But we'll see.

Cloudy

Banned
I can't believe they went cheap with the bench after last year's debacle. Imagine if we had a guy like Jack or Crawford coming off the pine...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I can't believe they went cheap with the bench after last year's debacle. Imagine if we had a guy like Jack or Crawford coming off the pine...

Not enough mins for a SG off the bench..

linsivvi

He was supposed to be guarding him, though! haha.

Yeah I blame this loss on Dwight's stupid foul and the coach's ridiculous rotation.

Nash did what was expected of him.

Kobe gambled on defense too much, but that's been a problem since day 1.

Who is Uncle Drew please someone inform me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccRi0E2PJkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUd9KYn_Rs

Josh Smith's team: 17-9
Team Joe Johnson is on where he might be the third best player: 14-14

I can't believe coaches actually thought Iso was better than Smoove.

So are you saying the great Joe Johnson doesn't deserve 20 million a year? What an absurd statement!

Just noticed Harden MVP scored 17 in the 4th

seriously how does this guy not win it this year

Well because that LeBron guy is a better passer, defender, rebounder, shot blocker, and is going to help his team get more wins. That Durant guy is pretty much the same.

James Harden has a legitimate shot at the scoring title and that's about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The new female ref was a call up from the D-league. Lauren Holtkamp.

Called palming and a charge on LBJ.

*slow clap*

Top Bottom