• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

That really doesn't look that bad. It doesn't take much to knock a guy off balance when he's going full speed like that. Just nudged him the perfectly wrong way.

C'mon man. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was beat and tried to hurt him. Save that shit for the playoffs.

Omega

Banned
Am i the only one that made that bet with Moris or is he going to have to rock like 5 different avatars over the course of the year?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
C'mon man. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was beat and tried to hurt him. Save that shit for the playoffs.
Save it for the playoffs? That doesn't even make sense. I don't even like the Knicks and Phoenix is trying to tank.

Were you watching the game? Even the Suns commentators eased off after they saw the replay a few more times. Its too easy to throw a guy off balance when they get a push that goes with their momentum. JR was easing up from foul line when Dragic changed his angle a bit and got ready to go up. Its clear that Dragic expected some contact from JR challenging him at the rim but JR wasn't there for it and made light contact where Dragic didn't expect it. That's just shit happening. That's not intentional at all.

Besides, JR isn't smart enough to goon someone that discretely.

Omega

Banned
Besides, JR isn't smart enough to goon someone that discretely.

i just watched that video as I missed the game and I'm gonna have to agree on this part

I'm completely missing where the flagrant is at. and some of the YT comments calling for a flagrant 2? let's be real. if that's a flagrant 2 than andrew bynum should have received the death sentence for his foul on Barea a few years ago

DY_nasty

"If you look at the list of the point guards of the future, I'm not up there," Wall said. "That gives more motivation to me when I get back to show the NBA what I really have to give to the league. They will respect me again.…Everybody will see. I won't do the talking. I will let my game do the talking."

Go get your paper John Wall.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--wizards-pg-john-wall-targets-january-for-return-to-lineup-from-knee-injury-042558931.html

Beal is probably a better point guard than John Wall

"If you look at the list of the point guards of the future, I'm not up there," Wall said. "That gives more motivation to me when I get back to show the NBA what I really have to give to the league. They will respect me again.…Everybody will see. I won't do the talking. I will let my game do the talking."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--wizards-pg-john-wall-targets-january-for-return-to-lineup-from-knee-injury-042558931.html

Avatar bet that he breaks out when he comes back healthy

I don't think he's ready to come back yet though. I hope he doesn't play 20 games and then his kneecap breaks.

DY_nasty

I don't think he's ready to come back yet though. I hope he doesn't play 20 games and then his kneecap breaks.

Breaks out how?

Because he can give you numbers all day while his team and everything around him burns to the ground.

Sharp

Well, this is promising, if only because he actually wasn't talking the talk before.

Breaks out how?

Because he can give you numbers all day while his team and everything around him burns to the ground.

I think it's pretty clear that this team is legendarily bad without him at the moment. So I noticable increase in wins + numbers would be sufficient proof in my eyes.

And I love my boy Kyrie...he's got the numbers and everything else but they won't win more yet with him on the floor because his team is hot garbage.

DY_nasty

I think it's pretty clear that this team is legendarily bad without him at the moment. So I noticable increase in wins + numbers would be sufficient proof in my eyes.

And I love my boy Kyrie...he's got the numbers and everything else but they won't win more yet with him on the floor because his team is hot garbage.

setting a precedence for the weakest of weaksauce bets

DY_nasty

I'd say they will win 3 out of the 10 games that he plays a minimum of 32 MPG in, which is pretty good considering that's what they've won all year without him.

Stats I'd say 18 and 9 on 45%.

Those aren't even Kemba numbers.

After reading that article it seems to me he's just about ready. He just needs to slowly ramp up his activity level over the next few weeks.

I'd say they will win 3 out of the 10 games that he plays a minimum of 32 MPG in, which is pretty good considering that's what they've won all year without him.

Stats I'd say 18 and 9 on 45%.

If he's in shape and ready to play I'd say 20 and 9, if not he's going to struggle a bit so I'd go with 15 and 6.

Still not sure if he's got the offense yet to jump to 20 PPG but we'll see.

oh just stop it DY you cutie pie, kemba can't do what my guy does!

I believe in John Wall

Oh and other than Kyrie, Kemba is putting up the best numbers in the 2011 draft class. Not bad for a short chucker.

Cloudy

Banned
Kevin Love called out locally

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html?article=10659843

I know I am the Purveyor of Positivity and it's out of character for me to rip people, but I am becoming sick of KEVIN LOVE. His whiny act bugged me repeatedly tonite in the loss to Houston, and I must concede ever since he ripped the organization in that Yahoo! story two weeks ago I have waited for him to back his his prattle with team-carrying performances.

Instead, he continues to be broke from three-point range (24 percent this year, 0-for-7 tonite) and complains more than any player I have seen. He shoots and shoots and shoots and generally is wide open from deep, and cannot get close. He was beaten for key rebounds tonite and couldn't stop STUD JAMES HARDEN on a huge hoop late. James exploded straight down the key and the slow-footed Love seemed to lack the desire to even foul him. Too, he led the Wolves in turnovers with five.

James Harden is a max-contract guy, Kevin Love is not playing like one. I know he's coming off a broken-hand injury, and I am willing to cut him some slack for the shooting, but other facets of his game continue to bug.

To wit, I have seen him repeatedly miss and not hustle back on defense. He did it several times tonite, and it's unacceptable for (a) the highest-paid player on the team and (b) for a guy who torched the organization for lack of direction. When you rip the way he did you have to personify hustle every single play and he doesn't. He seems afraid to pick up fouls because it may affect his opportunity to fill his stat sheet if he has to sit.

Those who claim he is nothing but a big box score at best are looking accurate. His defense at times is deplorable. But the thing that irked me the most tonite happened in the first half, and it was a subtle exchange between him and JJ BAREA. JJ shoots too much sometimes and at best is a role player, but he's scrappy as hell and always gets the most out of his game. Barea has ring cred, and Love does not.

Kevin made a nice pass to Barea under the basket in the second quarter, and Barea refused to shoot it. JJ is five-foot-nothing and most likely would have had it blocked. Love passed to the shortest guy on the court under the basket and became pissed off JJ didn't shoot it. His arms went to flailing and he screamed something at Barea. Then as the ball went the other way Love continued the histrionics and seemed more interested in showing up Barea than hustling back on defense.

Why? Why become pissed at the littlest guy on the court for not launching a stupid shot amongst the trees? Why not shake it off and become the team leader you swear you are? If you rip the direction of the team publicly go out and outwork everybody so we know the passion comes from your heart.

Kevin clearly is frustrated his shot is way off and is not handling it with aplomb. He has bitched about calls and lack of ref cred all of his career, and when he got into Barea tonite it bugged the heck out of me. Execute your defensive prowess with more effort, and watch some James Harden tape if you want to know what a true max-contract guy plays like. James is smooth, tries hard on defense and didn't act like a child when he was traded from maybe the best team in the NBA. Instead, he goes out every game and guides the Rockets like the born leader he is.

We need a better overall game from Love while THE SPANISH KID rounds into form -- he's not close, by the way -- and more is required from Kevin to assist this team to the postseason. I hated what he said in that Yahoo! story and it makes him look awful when he shoots terribly, doesn't hustle on defense and shows up players on the court. It has to stop.

That really was a terrible loss last night..

Cloudy

Banned
The author has a point though. You can't trash the franchise in the media, complain about not being maxed out and play like he has the last few games (He was great against OKC though)

Love hasn't done enough to complain so much. Have the Wolves even had a winning record since he's been a star on that team? That writer has a point.

If KG - inarguably the greatest Timberwolf ever and a surefire HOF player - was big enough to stfu and lead, Love has to do the same.

its almost never a bad idea to bitch out the f/o, even when your winning and despite your own production--seriously those guys are usualy awful at their jobs

its almost never a bad idea to bitch out the f/o, even when your winning and despite your own production--seriously those guys are usualy awful at their jobs

Love's criticism involved blasting the front office for not keeping Al Jefferson.

Safe to say he would be even worse at making NBA moves.

And I'm interested to see how well this Wolves' team does when fully healthy. There's starting to be some theories that offensive rebounding is near worthless (from Doc and Pop in particular) and, if so, Love might be way less valuable than he's thought of. The Wolves were one of the worst teams ever without him the last few years, but I'm wondering if their improvement with him is based around just getting any NBA talent on the floor instead of actual superstar impact...

don't forget that you're a Wizards fan, you've got it worse than most

I mean, i don't know if its ever been worse in the history of the wiz in terms of the anger at the f/o.

Ted has a forum or something where guys call him out on the regular for keeping Ernie.

Like it's actually to a point now where I'd actually slap him if I saw him, and it's not as serious as that, but that's how fucked up dudes acting about this franchise.

Love's criticism involved blasting the front office for not keeping Al Jefferson.

Safe to say he would be even worse at making NBA moves.

And I'm interested to see how well this Wolves' team does when fully healthy. There's starting to be some theories that offensive rebounding is near worthless (from Doc and Pop in particular) and, if so, Love might be way less valuable than he's thought of. The Wolves were one of the worst teams ever without him the last few years, but I'm wondering if their improvement with him is based around just getting any NBA talent on the floor instead of actual superstar impact...

I think rebounding in general has started to become overrated. Once you go over 10 its kinda like eh, whatever. It's nice to be doing the most and all, but all you have to do is look at LA and how they kill the boards to realize that's barely a factor in todays league when it comes to winning games.

I mean, i don't know if its ever been worse in the history of the wiz in terms of the anger at the f/o.

Ted has a forum or something where guys call him out on the regular for keeping Ernie.

Like it's actually to a point now where I'd actually slap him if I saw him, and it's not as serious as that, but that's how fucked up dudes acting about this franchise.

Most rich people don't like to be told they're fucking up, but hell someone needs to do it.

As for the offensive rebounding thing I'm heavily inclined to call out bullshit, but if Pop thinks it's true I might have to put some thought into it. It's hard for me to imagine 2nd chance points and extra possessions as not being important though, it doesn't make intuitive sense to me.

Smokey

I think rebounding in general has started to become overrated. Once you go over 10 its kinda like eh, whatever. It's nice to be doing the most and all, but all you have to do is look at LA and how they kill the boards to realize that's barely a factor in todays league when it comes to winning games.

No.

A major reason why the Rockets lead the league in scoring? Because Asik scoops up almost every board and 3-4 Rockets immediately leak out in transition as Asik outlets to the PG. When Chuck Hayes was the Rockets C they would routinely get out glassed and was frustrating as hell to watch.

DY_nasty

I think some teams feel that getting back on defense as a unit is more effective than selling out on the glass for a chance that may not come and instead putting your defense on its heels.

I think defensive rebounding is still important (the Magic with Dwight were awesome partly because Dwight could get every defensive rebound), but offensive rebounding is a bit more iffy since you sacrifice transition defense to try for offensive rebounds.

Teams that are bad offensively and dominant defensively (like the Bulls and Grizzlies) need to go for offensive rebounds, but I'm not sure offensive rebounding really helps that much for a general team overall.

If Dwight wasn't powerless to stop Faried Orebs or powerless to stop himself from stiff arming bitches, maybe The Lakers win last night perhaps.

Smokey

I think some teams feel that getting back on defense as a unit is more effective than selling out on the glass for a chance that may not come and instead putting your defense on its heels.

This is true when talking about O rebounds and is a good strategy depending on the situation. But rebounding as a whole is not overrated. I've witnessed it with Chuck Hayes at C. What I'm seeing now from Asik is great and is a major starter for the Rockets transition game.

DY_nasty

This is true when talking about O rebounds. But rebounding as a whole is not overrated. I've witnessed it with Chuck Hayes at C. What I'm seeing now from Asik is great and is a major starter for the Rockets transition game.

Oh, yeah. I'm only specifically talking about offensive boards.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The new female ref was a call up from the D-league. Lauren Holtkamp.

Called palming and a charge on LBJ.

*slow clap*

You're telling me that the first foul called on Lebron in over 7 games was by a female D-League ref? Amazing.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
That JR foul was so not a technical. There was no malice intended. Dragic wasn't even that far ahead of JR, him and JR just cut towards each other. One went up in the air, and JR clearly tried to avoid him by putting his hands down and trying to lean away. Instead he caught one of Dragic's legs with his shoulder.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kevin Love has no room to complain when he's playing like absolute shit:

16.9PPG, 34FG%, 25 3PT% (44 attempts in 9 games!!!) in the month of December alone. Dude is averaging 5.5 threes a game and shooting 22% on them.

If it wasn't for his stellar rebounding, he'd be Austin Rivers bad.

Srsly

Banned
35025_643553701648_1517103260_n.jpg

hmmm

KingGondo

Banned
Meanwhile, KD has had tons of fouls called against him whenever we play Miami.

RT @DarnellMayberry: Kevin Durant is averaging four fouls in his last six games against Miami. He's had at least five fouls three times.

Some of those have been dubious, too. Charges, the "illegal screen" on KD when Ray Allen flopped like crazy...

Top Bottom