• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

AoqRJ.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lol at Kobe not defending Dwight. That's why I love Kobe. Doesn't give a crap. I can definitely see Dwight not resigning with the Lakers and I am not sure how upset I will be if he doesn't. This season with Dwight really magnifies how great Shaq was. Jokester off the court but on it he was all serious. Dwight is no Shaq.

D12 is no Patrick Ewing

Lol at Kobe not defending Dwight. That's why I love Kobe. Doesn't give a crap. I can definitely see Dwight not resigning with the Lakers and I am not sure how upset I will be if he doesn't. This season with Dwight really magnifies how great Shaq was. Jokester off the court but on it he was all serious. Dwight is no Shaq.

Dwight is not even Alonzo Mourning.

lol no

Casey isn't that bad... the main issue with coaching in Toronto is that BC is way too involved.

Maybe that is it, but I feel Casey makes up his mind who he is going to play and when before the game has started and doesn't take into account people going 0-10 or the other teams lineup. Either way, we need a new GM and Coach.

Jeff-DSA

I don't think Avery Johnson has ever been able to prove that he's a good head coach. The guy is a great assistant, but he's not a head coach type of guy from what I've seen. I wonder how much weight Deron's comments had with getting Avery fired though. If they played heavily into things, that's a little messed up.

Flash

Maybe that is it, but I feel Casey makes up his mind who he is going to play and when before the game has started and doesn't take into account people going 0-10 or the other teams lineup. Either way, we need a new GM and Coach.

Looks more like he has a mandate to play certain players X amount of minutes. Hard to hold players accountable when you'll probably be fired for it.

And what the hell is the point of going through so many coaches? Makes it even more unattractive for coaches to come here when they know they'll just be a scapegoat.

I never understood how Johnson kept getting work. Like, the first time I ever heard his annoying voice I was like "who would listen to this guy?" He doesn't even look or sound overly intelligent.

D12 isnt himself though so Lakers fans should relax before they go HAM. Kobe should admit he hasn't played defense for a few years now before talking about anyone else.

Broussard reporting JJ/Stackhouse/Wallace believed in Avery and his system and didn't like the negative reports. Apparently locker room was in turmoil.

jman2050

I've seen Dwight play for years and this Lakers Dwight definitely isn't him.

Dunno if it's his back or coaching, but something went wrong somewhere.

Avery Johnson Jr. ‏@itsaveryjohnson
This is a fuxking Outrage. My dad is a great coach, he just got coach of the month and they Fire him. #Smh. Completely new team he had.

Avery jr is pissed!!

I've seen Dwight play for years and this Lakers Dwight definitely isn't him.

Dunno if it's his back or coaching, but something went wrong somewhere.
He's playing at 60%. I'm not particularly concerned about Dwight's performance yet. He'll play his way into shape.

Not sure SVG would really work in Brooklyn if he keeps the offense he had in Orlando. Bad shooting around Bropez and I don't think he could handle all those touches.

Then again, he could change his system to something a bit more perimeter orientated I guess.

Jeff-DSA

I still laugh at the idea that you guys think that Deron got Sloan fired. Nobody was bigger than Sloan in SLC. Stockton, Malone, Deron...they all would have been sent packing before Sloan would have.

Sloan had leaves to rake, guys.

Lopez injury, obviously, ruined their season.

Add to that, not enough PnR with Brook. This team is so fucking isolation heavy.

If the ship sails by AS break, just play Marshon 30mpg.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Broussard reporting JJ/Stackhouse/Wallace believed in Avery and his system and didn't like the negative reports. Apparently locker room was in turmoil.

Broussard reporting == Broussard bullshitting.

Let's call a spade a spade: he flat-out flopped. The shoulder didn't seem to bother him much when he knocked down FTs to ice the win.

And forgive me if I'm not convinced that his reported health status was accurate when they were playing the fucking Bobcats.

das racist.gif

Top Bottom