• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

He looks like an extreme 90s comic book character

Sharkboy

Hahaha...I'm dying here because it's true. Rob Liefield totally drew this guy.

b0dG7.jpg

ChGUf.jpg

Pkaz01

Havent been following the nets other than when they woulfnruin my parlays did that come out of no where or what?

Interested in seeing wholl be his real replacement cause the current one doesnt sound like much of an improvment

Jeff-DSA

I think this is an appropriate time to point out that Deron hasn't been good in like 3 years.

He's been barely above average since his injury and trade. I wonder if the Jazz knew that his injury was worse than anybody admitted to it being. It's obvious that he's lost his shot to some degree and he's not even half as aggressive as he was in Utah. With the Jazz, if Deron got pissed off, someone was getting dunked on. In Brooklyn, he melts. Something is wrong with him. I'd be weary of making him my franchise guy until he proves he's healthy and willing to be aggressive again.

He's been barely above average since his injury and trade. I wonder if the Jazz knew that his injury was worse than anybody admitted to it being. It's obvious that he's lost his shot to some degree and he's not even half as aggressive as he was in Utah. With the Jazz, if Deron got pissed off, someone was getting dunked on. In Brooklyn, he melts. Something is wrong with him. I'd be weary of making him my franchise guy until he proves he's healthy and willing to be aggressive again.

Yeah that and they probably thought he would have left anyway. Whether he would have or not is open to debate, but there were a lot of reports at the time of Deron wanting out. It's actually a lot like the Dwight Howard situation. Both players were coming off injuries, both were reportedly frustrated with the team, and both have been thus far less productive on their new teams. Also, I don't think either one ended up on a team that they really wanted. While I do think there's a good chance Deron would have stayed in Utah, it's clear that he wanted some sort of shakeup.

Avery Johnson Jr. ‏@itsaveryjohnson
This is a fuxking Outrage. My dad is a great coach, he just got coach of the month and they Fire him. #Smh. Completely new team he had.

Avery jr is pissed!!

Haha this kid man, he was all over Mavs fans when they kept Deron and now his dad gets fired? Pretty funny.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Remember when Joe Johnson/Deron Williams was supposed to be the best backcourt in the East?

yeah...

No?

I remember people saying that they can't believe the Hawks were able to unload JJ's godawful contract.

diehard

Fleer
Speaking of point guards.

I'm so stoked to watch Tinsley "guard" CP3 over the next 2 games.

lol ESPN.. they had the Nuggets as the #1 seed.

Jeff-DSA

My god Tinsley and Watson cant shoot. Yesterday was especially bad.

Yeah, we couldn't trade blows at all. We need someone who can be reliable from more than 10 feet out.

Ready to get your mind fucking BLOWN?

Player A: Jump Shot 68 154 .442
Player B: Jump Shot 100 301 .332

Player A defender distance: 8 feet
Player B defender distance: 8 inches

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
If the Nets get Mike Brown. My God the tears of hysterical laughter will run down my face.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Wow, the Coach fired. This shit is wild. I'll admit to not paying much attention most times, but have teams ALWAYS been so fucking willy nilly about tossing a coach mid/early in a season?

In the NBA, yeah, always. Although 28 games is a long time.

Dwight has been a huge disappointment for me, and I really don't care if he re-signs or not. It only free up money to get a real center.

diehard

Fleer
Jeff, KVN in that bowl game was the best thing that will happen in this state for sports this year.

Kinda sad, really.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dwight has been a huge disappointment for me, and I really don't care if he resigns or not. It only free up money to get a real center.

The issue with letting Dwight go for nothing is that even after his contract is off the books, there is no money for a "real" center for the Lakers to get.

Not only that, but Dwight is a "real" center in today's NBA. He's as good as it gets.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I heard my source Avery was going to get ax'd last night if they didn't win.

My source deep inside the nba has been dead on.

I was going to type it in here but the trailblazers game put me to sleep.

The issue with letting Dwight go for nothing is that even after his contract is off the books, there is no money for a "real" center for the Lakers to get.

Not only that, but Dwight is a "real" center in today's NBA. He's as good as it gets.

I hear you.

Take away Bynum's attitude problems, and knee prob;ems, and I was watching the best center in the NBA for the last several years. I never knew it until I got to watch Dwight play.

His offense is college ish. Not NBA ish. I want to slap the smile off his face. He doesn't have the heart of a champion. Its so sad.

Jeff-DSA

Jeff, KVN in that bowl game was the best thing that will happen in this state for sports.

Kinda sad, really.

Uh, Jimmer wasn't that long ago, man. Also, RSL won a championship. A CHAMPIONSHIP! So did BYU football.

But yes, Kyle Van Noy was a freaking beast and I like to pretend that he's coming back next year.

Top Bottom