• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Cloudy

Banned
jack-nicholson.gif

I don't know how much more Phil would have done. Your best player is an aging vet in his 17th season. Your 2nd best player is limited offensively and, while a beast, is clearly rusty coming off back surgery. Your 3rd best player is injured. Your 4th best player is a shell of his former self. To top that off the bench sucks. From the get-go people knew that, while on paper, this team was hyped to hell and back, the caveat was always "if they can stay healthy". This hasn't happened and shit is hitting the fan. I said early in the season when Nash first got hurt that it reminded me of the 04 season when Malone hurt his knee. The wheels fell off then too. They were able to put it together and still make it to the Finals, but that team also had Shaq and a prime Kobe.

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers lack of an inside presence was made clear tonight. Dwight couldn't bang with them Utah boys on either end. When Jordan Hill is your best big, you got issues...

Emwitus

I don't know how much more Phil would have done. Your best player is an aging vet in his 17th season. Your 2nd best player is limited offensively and, while a beast, is clearly rusty coming off back surgery. Your 3rd best player is injured. Your 4th best player is a shell of his former self. To top that off the bench sucks. From the get-go people knew that, while on paper, this team was hyped to hell and back, the caveat was always "if they can stay healthy". This hasn't happened and shit is hitting the fan. I said early in the season when Nash first got hurt that it reminded me of the 04 season when Malone hurt his knee. The wheels fell off then too. They were able to put it together and still make it to the Finals, but that team also had Shaq and a prime Kobe.

Phil and the triangle would have atleast helped in regards to nash . Also, we'd stick with half court offense which was our strength and weakness last season. We had a far worse team last year but performed better.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So whenever the Lakers try to do a big 4, it always blows up on them?
(2004)

They still made it to the Finals that year, right? I was so glad to see an ex-Razorback win an NBA championship, especially since he won the NCAA championship with Arkansas in 94.

After the Dwight trade, I made this and said the NBA should just make this their new logo, because that's all we were going to see in the Finals for the next few years. Glad it's looking like that probably won't be the case.

Jq5ZA.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
How is it possible that Hill was our best big on BOTH ends tonight? And I don't want to hear about Dwight's touches. Hill got more shots up than him in 11 less minutes cos he went and got the ball!

Emwitus

more proof positive kobe is a cancer when he's in kome mode.

9 - 24. I didn't even watch the game apart from the final minutes. How many is that, 1 and 9 when he scores over 30? With no defense whatsoever this season....wait until nash comes back, then it's gonna be 50 point fourth quarters.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, people need to stop with the "should have hired Phil" argument. While I think Phil would have done a better job (Mike's system makes little sense on this team), the age, injury, and cohesion problems would have been there even with Phil.

Vahagn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIzDVFM50ok

That should make you feel better Lakers Loser Bros

That actually did. Thank you. *fist bump*

Yeah, people need to stop with the "should have hired Phil" argument. While I think Phil would have done a better job (Mike's system makes little sense on this team), the age, injury, and cohesion problems would have been there even with Phil.

What? Your first two sentences contradict each other. If Phil would have done a better job, he should have been hired. Plain and simple.

Fox318

Phil would have been coaching the team via Skype.

Bigger question is why has Nash been out for what was expected to be a week?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Phil would have been coaching the team via Skype.

Bigger question is why has Nash been out for what was expected to be a week?
He suffered a small fracture in his fibula. I couldn't believe they were predicting that he would be back after two weeks, lol.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What? Your first two sentences contradict each other. If Phil would have done a better job, he should have been hired. Plain and simple.
I do think Phil would have done a better job, and should have been hired over Mike. However, the point is still that you have an injured aging PG, an injured PF, a center with offensive trouble, and Kobe. At this point of the season, I don't think Phil would have a much better record than Mike, but I believe Phil would have been better in the long run.

Vahagn

I do think Phil would have done a better job, and should have been hired over Mike. However, the point is still that you have an injured aging PG, an injured PF, a center with offensive trouble, and Kobe. At this point of the season, I don't think Phil would have a much better record than Mike, but I believe Phil would have been better in the long run.

I disagree. Mike is incompetent. This team played completely differently under Bernie than they do now. And Bernie is no Phil.

I still don't think Phil guarantees a finals berth or a chip, but we sure as hell aren't under 500 at this point of the season.

Edit: The problem is they can't fire Mike until Steve's back for at least a month. By then, it will be too late. Mike Woodsen is not walking through that door

Jeff-DSA

The craziest thing is that the Lakers have played a crap load of home games. Losing all of these now, even if they put it together later, is going to be extremely hard to overcome.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I disagree. Mike is incompetent. This team played completely differently under Bernie than they do now. And Bernie is no Phil.

I still don't think Phil guarantees a finals berth or a chip, but we sure as hell aren't under 500 at this point of the season.

Edit: The problem is they can't fire Mike until Steve's back for at least a month. By then, it will be too late. Mike Woodsen is not walking through that door
Phil would have at least been better for Dwight.

They can't fire Pringles. That would just be silly, no matter how bad it gets this season. 3 coaches in one year?

Top Bottom