• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Dwight Howard is useless. He's just not aggressive enough. Tyson was pushing his big ass out of the way, and getting tips and rebounds. This team really is just Kobe at this point.
Tyson has been outplaying him since his Dallas days. And Howard was talking shit about how Chandler wasn't the real DPoTY, amazing.

Omega

Banned
i've been saying dwight was overrated garbage since i've started posting here and people are now just realizing this.

better late than never i suppose

Tyson has been outplaying him since his Dallas days. And Howard was talking shit about how Chandler wasn't the real DPoTY, amazing.
I don't know about that first sentence. You gotta remember how much more offensive responsibility Dwight has more than Tyson. No sane person would take Chandler over Dwight. It's not like you ever see them dump him the ball in the post and let him put up buckets. Dwight isn't 100% and Tyson is playing his role perfectly. Nothing wrong with what Tyson is doing, but you shouldn't crown him as outplaying Dwight for 2.5 years.

I don't know about that first sentence. You gotta remember how much more offensive responsibility Dwight has more than Tyson. No sane person would take Chandler over Dwight. It's not like you ever see them dump him the ball in the post and let him put up buckets. Dwight isn't 100% and Tyson is playing his role perfectly. Nothing wrong with what Tyson is doing, but you shouldn't crown him as outplaying Dwight for 2.5 years.
You know Tyson's "Dallas days" is like 2 games? I'm just talking straight head to head matchups.

tyson and smith did wonders for us tonight. cmon felton get your shit together.

whoah ive been completely sleeping on the hawks. tied with miami? thats pretty legit.

You guys need to stop hating on Felton. His penetration is what created all of those open shots and easy alley-oops. He missed some malleable layups, but that happens sometimes. If he doesn't aggressively attack the basket, then defenders don't sag on JR or Novak or Tyson. Those guys aren't going to create shots for themselves, so they need Felton to draw the defense to him.

If he attacks a reporter he'll get bodied sine we know he can't defend.

lmao how did i miss this.

pUJVv.jpg
effingvic likes this

He deserves all the hate. The sooner this man is permanently out of the league the better.

lakers FO needs to suck it up and beg brown to come back. or get someone else. dantoni wont work out and i doubt even with nash back theyll gel.

i hate how people credit this dude for lin. he legit got lucky with him. he sent him in out of desperation and just happened to find a gem.

You guys need to stop hating on Felton. His penetration is what created all of those open shots and easy alley-oops. He missed some malleable layups, but that happens sometimes. If he doesn't aggressively attack the basket, then defenders don't sag on JR or Novak or Tyson. Those guys aren't going to create shots for themselves, so they need Felton to draw the defense to him.

problem is that he cant finish. missed some bunnies and took too many bad shots with people open. his penetration is excellent but thats pointless if hes gonna take a stupid floater with 3% chance of going in.

yea but he needs to finish better. earlier he was...

The Dy Rules:
1) Felton will miss easy layups, but it indestructible.
2) JANK DRIBBLE, will never get called for palming.
3) "Questionable" shot selection, thinks he can score 40.
4) Felton doesn't get foul calls at all.

I think that's all of them. Knicks-GAF has to learn like I did.

linsivvi

lakers FO needs to suck it up and beg brown to come back. or get someone else. dantoni wont work out and i doubt even with nash back theyll gel.

i hate how people credit this dude for lin. he legit got lucky with him. he sent him in out of desperation and just happened to find a gem.

You spelled Phil wrong.

But yep, he got lucky with Nash and he got lucky with Lin.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
@mdotbrown: State of the Lakers: THE MAN WHO BEAT AIDS HAS GIVEN UP ON THEM.
ho lee shit

The Dy Rules:
1) Felton will miss easy layups, but it indestructible.
2) JANK DRIBBLE, will never get called for palming.
3) "Questionable" shot selection, thinks he can score 40.
4) Felton doesn't get foul calls at all.

I think that's all of them. Knicks-GAF has to learn like I did.

And he will get completely demolished in the playoffs / any meaningful game.

Don't leave out the best part.

bs he was always overrated and got exposed. system player from coach stan.

In retrospect, SVG was pretty brilliant in how he was able to hide all of Dwight's flaws and maximize all of his potential on otherwise mediocre teams with mediocre talent around him. Dwight will probably reflect on his career one day and realize how good he had it with SVG.

I'd take SVG or JVG over Avery Johnson.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In retrospect, SVG was pretty brilliant in how he was able to hide all of Dwight's flaws and maximize all of his potential on otherwise mediocre teams with mediocre talent around him. Dwight will probably reflect on his career one day and realize how good he had it with SVG.

I'd take SVG or JVG over Avery Johnson.

I'd take Mike Brown over Avery Johnson

Top Bottom