• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

snack

NashAmare_original.gif

AMARE TO LA

Cloudy

Banned
Honestly, I'd rather have JJ Hickson than Dwight. Not saying he's a better player but he's got nice moves around the rim and can make fts. He also gives you 100% hustle every night (look how he hedges on P&R and fights for every rebound) without crying about shots.

He's also much cheaper

Kevtones

Hickson is so underrated. Guy is a 6'9 center averaging a double-double playing 28 minutes a night and shooting 55%.

Please retain him Olshney.

Canuck76

Banned
Hickson is so underrated. Guy is a 6'9 center averaging a double-double playing 28 minutes a night and shooting 55%.

Please retain him Olshney.

No i think trading him for a first would be better for our team going forward

But yeah dude is a beast, i don't understand the hate at all. He's done wonders for this team.

Also Lillard is ROY race is over. I like Davis but Lillard has essentially single handily filled the brandon roy sized hole this team had. You have to give it to him.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Jerry handed the team to the wrong child.

Most people whisper this but honestly I see it like this Jeannie will make it without the lakers, she's beautiful, smart, and she knows how to handle her business. Wtf would Jim Buss do without running the Lakers? Besides spend his fathers money I mean.

there was lots of melo bashing in that preseason thread. I had the knicks as a fourth seed, mainly cause i didnt predict boston and indiana playing like garbage (pre granger injury, so who couldve known about indiana anyway) and i thought felton would be the solid negative he was in portland.

linsivvi

Most people whisper this but honestly I see it like this Jeannie will make it without the lakers, she's beautiful, smart, and she knows how to handle her business. Wtf would Jim Buss do without running the Lakers? Besides spend his fathers money I mean.

Nobody cares what Jim Buss would do without the Lakers though. He can hang out with all his bartender friends I suppose.

Jeanie would work on the marketing side and go hands off on basketball matters. It's important for an owner to not meddle. Let Mitch and Phil handle that.

there was lots of melo bashing in that preseason thread. I had the knicks as a fourth seed, mainly cause i didnt predict boston and indiana playing like garbage (pre granger injury, so who couldve known about indiana anyway) and i thought felton would be the solid negative he was in portland.

Players this thread hates for no reason:
Rondo
Westbrook
Melo

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Nobody cares what Jim Buss would do without the Lakers though. He can hang out with all his bartender friends I suppose.

Jeanie would work on the marketing side and go hands off on basketball matters. It's important for an owner to not meddle. Let Mitch and Phil handle that.

you say that as a rational fan but Jerry is a father and a business owner. He very likely looks at it like a parent who see's one of his kids isn't doing much with his life so you try to give them some responsibility to help them mature.

Canuck76

Banned

People shat all over me last season when i said the knicks may be able to beat the heat in the playoffs. Guess they just needed to have good pg play for the 3pt chuckers and they're in business.

Woodson seems like the guy to me that's really improved this team though. He never really got his dues in ATL because it's ATL but he took that team to the 2nd round when they had almost no right to. He's got the knicks actually playing some D to from what I'm hearing which is a near miracle.

Dude should win CoY in my estimation.

Kevtones

No i think trading him for a first would be better for our team going forward

But yeah dude is a beast, i don't understand the hate at all. He's done wonders for this team.

Also Lillard is ROY race is over. I like Davis but Lillard has essentially single handily filled the brandon roy sized hole this team had. You have to give it to him.

Hickson is 24 and finally getting momentum. To me, he's a piece of the equation to get this team over the hump and NEEDS to be retained.

Claver is actually starting to intrigue me. He's raw as fuck but his length/size is hard to find. Also, Pavlovic had 4 steals tonight?

NY Felton + Kidd is so much better. Keep in mind for all the shit Knicks fans gave him tonight, 19 points/8 assists and only 1 turnover.

If he could only get foul calls and make layups...

Rondo
Westbrook
Melo

ynb hate is so necessary tho

Canuck76

Banned
Hickson is 24 and finally getting momentum. To me, he's a piece of the equation to get this team over the hump and NEEDS to be retained.

Claver is actually starting to intrigue me. He's raw as fuck but his length/size is hard to find. Also, Pavlovic had 4 steals tonight?

Ehh i think Hicks is good right now in this transition but if we can get a top 15 steal for him we should pull the trigger. This team is only going to get younger, not older. And were closer to trading L.M.A than we are to trading for veteran guys to surround him with.

Claver actually wasn't total crap tonight. Didn't see his stats but just his D wasn't total trash. He was def trying out there and seemed to fit in well enough.

Ehh i think Hicks is good right now in this transition but if we can get a top 15 steal for him we should pull the trigger. This team is only going to get younger, not older. And were closer to trading L.M.A than we are to trading for veteran guys to surround him with.

Claver actually wasn't total crap tonight. Didn't see his stats but just his D wasn't total trash. He was def trying out there and seemed to fit in well enough.

That is real stupid thinking. Just getting younger is not good at all. You need to mix it up with some veteran leadership. Being in a perpetual state of youth and inexperience, waiting for them to mature and break out is not a fun experience. Veterans expedite the process. Just look at The Clippers for reference.

Nori Chan

I don't know about you guys but I always laugh my ass off whenever this gif is shown. I fucking love it and correctly depicts my childhood in one gif.

jrsmithooooo.gif

#SUWOO

Kevtones

A draft steal on a player nobody wanted on the offseason? I feel his value will be to contenders looking to beef up their frontline - I don't see something better coming.

He's cheap, 24, and he likes being in Portland.
Guy has been been rugged as hell for the Blazers and I like him over a risk-pick.

Claver's length really messed with the Spurs. He handles the ball well too he's just sort of skill-less offensively. Still, he's a weird matchup at SG and surprised me tonight.

Rondo
Westbrook
Melo

Saying there's no reason for people to criticize a player who got out of the first-round once in his career (against a Hornets team that was destroyed by injuries/fatigue and quitting on their coach) and is terrible at passing and defense sure is interesting. Especially right after a season where he blatantly tanked the first forty games.

If Melo continues to shoot this well, then he's a great, great player. But he won't because he's an average shooter who is on a hot streak.

Melo is definitely an above-average shooter. If anything, you can knock him for his piss-poor shot selection but his mid-range has been pretty great-to-elite for a while now. His long ball is good too.

Top Bottom